Status: Active :)

Natural Born Killer

Different Than Me

If you looked at them, you would never think that they’re different or at least that they’re not humans. Even I as a child never suspected that my brother was some kind of animal.

One day, I found a little wolf running around my house; he had the bluest eyes ever seen with a particular glitter on them. Those eyes resembled to Jimmy, but why would a little six years-old girl think a wolf can be her brother? Well, I should have known.

My parents died a year after I found out that wolf… So they never really told me anything about my real life, or my ancestors’ life. After a long time, when I turned sixteen, Jimmy was the one who told me where we were from and the things I needed to know, because once he saw me talking with a new neighbor, Joel. Jimmy didn’t like him at all and at first I was angry because I kind of liked Joel. Jimmy told me that Joel’s life was going to scare me and if I tried to find out who he really was, I wasn’t going to like him anymore.

‘Remember that wolf, you used to play with ten years ago? Well I was that little wolf. Our family is different from everyone here, Carolina. We’re not like them, we aren’t humans. We are animals inside. Well, not you… there’s only one woman who is wolf. And Joel is also one of us… but they’re from another tribe… a bad one. It sounds childish, but it’s the truth. With time you’ll learn more. But you should know this.’

Those were Jimmy’s words when he told me. I laughed at first thinking it was just a stupid way of trying to take me away from who I liked. At the end, Jimmy wouldn’t lie, I knew that. It was the little thing I realized I knew of him...

Now, I found myself with 4 more years from that night when I finally knew I came from a tribe of wolves and that as my mother I was a human. It was funny if I stopped and pondered about it. I was naïve, but not as much as believe in wolves and vampires and mythological things. Ironic how I had to accept everything so fast, at the end I kind of liked it. Being different wasn’t that bad.

I grew up along with Jimmy and we moved from that old house near the woods to a sunnier city in the south of California. We looked for a little condo, but one of Jimmy’s friends had a house with some empty rooms, so we went there… and began a new life again, with people like us.

***

The sunny morning shone all over the big kitchen. The little buzz of the pancake dough frying kept bothering my ears as some loud yelling and voices talking were able to be heard from the outside. I sighed slightly and took out of the pan the pancake and set it on top of the other ones on the white dish.

“Hmm, this smells amazing!” Jimmy, my brother said as he approached to me and shook my dark hair. “Yeah, Jimmy… you better like them.” I warned and placed the dishes on the wood table as the other guys took their seats. “We love everything you cook, Cee.” Zack, one of the best friends of Jimmy said and I rolled my eyes. “Yep, he’s right. Can you pass me a fork?” Matt said grinning and I nodded as I walked to one of the drawers. “So how was your running?” I asked while sitting next to Zack as he smiled kindly to me. “It was fun, nothing special though.” Brian replied and took a big bite of the pancake. “This is good.” He added with his mouth stuffed. They looked a bit tired. “Oh. By the way you all should take a shower.” I stated letting out a chuckle. The three of them laughed and finished eating and drinking the orange juice in their glasses.

The door cracking informed us that she had arrived. Suddenly she appeared under the door’s frame with some paper bags under her arms. “Let me help you.” Jimmy all kindly said quickly and stood up to help Emily. “Thanks,” She said with that mellow voice she had. My brother just smiled again and left the bags on the counter. The rest of the guys took out some junk food and kept eating more and more.

Living with wolves wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t something too great either. I mean, it was fun being with them, because they were like little kids always playing and laughing and swimming and running like if they had endless energy. However as kids, they were messy, beyond messy… and I strongly disliked any kind of disorder, a little was fine, but mostly I was the one who cleaned the house, except for making the beds, that was something I hated more than anything and that they had to do. Emily of course helped me controlling them, which was something silly because our alpha wolf was Matt, the messiest one. He was Em’s older brother, as Jimmy was older than me, but only for two more years as Brian and Zack were. There was days when one of the wolves got grumpy and that wasn’t nice, because they all had temper. Now I’m not saying that I didn’t have temper, because when one of them pissed me off, I just exploded. That didn’t happen often though. Overall, they were the most amazing people/animals ever and most important they were my family; the ones who are always taking care of me, since I’m the “normal” in the house.

We walked out to the yard next to the big pool the house had. The sky was perfectly blue and none a white cloud stained it. It was warm yet it felt fresh. Emily began arguing with Matt because that night there was a small party near our house and we wanted to go, but Matt didn’t agree on her going. He said that because he was informed that, the other ones were near there.

“Matt, let her go.” I tried to convince him, but he just shook his head. All of a sudden, she was swearing and the water was splashed all over. “James Sullivan!” Emily yelled loudly as she tried to get out the pool. Jimmy was choking on his own laughter. “Sorry, Emily. I had to.” He excused and quickly jumped into the pool to keep bugging her. “Leave my sister alone, Sullivan!” Matt joked as he took out his shirt and also got into the pool. I giggled and backed a little so the water didn’t catch me. Zack came closer to me and I smiled slightly. “Don’t try to throw me there,” I said and softly placed my hand on his arm. “Hah, nah, I’m not gonna do so.” He said as our gazes met.

Yes, I liked him, more than any other man in this planet. He was just so good to me that I couldn’t help to like him and develop certain care about him. He wasn’t only really handsome but had those green amazing eyes in which I lost each time we talked or looked at each other. The good thing was that he also liked me. Still we weren’t dating or anything like that which kind of bothered me.

“You didn’t want to get in the pool?” I asked as we walked towards a little bench over there. “Not really, I’ve been feeling kind of sick...” He explained and shoved his hands in his pockets. “Hah, you won’t get sick.” I poked. “We, as you, we also get sick, lady.” He said politely and stretched his arms to embrace my shoulders. “Yeah, yeah… so you’re also coming to that party with me?” I asked. “You know that Jimmy won’t let you go.” He said serious. “But you will.” I said smirking. He shook his head. “Fine…”I sighed as we went back to the house.

We opened the back door as Brian hid behind me. “Give me that Brian!” Matt commanded as Brian drank the beer he had in his hand. Suddenly everyone began haunting Brian as I just looked, as everything I cleaned before was getting dirty once again.

“Guys! Calm down!” I yelled and they stayed still. “He took my beer.” Matt vaguely excused. “Shut up… you’re cleaning this.” I huffed pissed off and walked up to my room.

This was why they were like little kids, so different than me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So keep it or kill it?

I hope you liked it!