Status: Active :)

Natural Born Killer

Outsiders

Emily's POV

I walked down stairs to see what Matt had called a meeting for. Meetings didn't usually occur which meant this was something pretty serious. I took a seat next to Zack and Caro and looked up to my brother who paced in front of the room. “Tell us what's going on Matt” I annoyingly spoke rolling my eyes. “Well...you see, the elders have been warning me for a little while now, and I've let it slide until now.” “There are others out their...and well, we don't know if its just another pack running by or, hanging around” he spoke looking at each one of us. “Now I don't want to trust it and have in the end someone hurt, even though we have a good size pack, I'm not pushing it” “This means Caro, you're staying with someone, Zack” Matt noted looking at the two. They smiled and looked at one another, clearly this wasn't a problem at all. “And Emily...” I groaned. Here we go again...

“You're going to have to stay around here, which means, no runs with us or going out much” my jaw dropped. “No runs? Not even with all of you?!” I found this preposterous! “Well...I would rather not have your scent spread across the valley...” “Just stick around here Em!” He sighed. I shook my head unpleased by this, sure I understood how he wanted to protect me and all that bullshit but fuck! He was acting like I was seven again and couldn't do anything without permission. With that I got up and walked back up to my room, slamming the door harshly. Living with Matt sucked on a good many ways, but when he was trying to be my dad, that's when things got hellbent.

End of POV

Jimmy's POV

I frowned seeing her storm off. Matt annoyingly sighed and sat down next to me in another chair. “Aren't you being just a tad over the top there dude” I spoke which made him snap his head at me. “Too over the top, Jimmy she's my sister and the ONLY female wolf in the village, you and everyone else knows how important she is, not only to us but the tribe of the town, I'm not going to risk it and neither is the tribe council” He spoke lowly. I sighed. He might have been my best friend but he sure as hell was stupid as fuck. The guy couldn't even tell I loved his sister, and everyone else knew about it except her of course. “Man, even if she stuck around with me, she'd be fine you know that” “I know man, but still...” “I'd protect her with my life” I seriously spoke standing up. Matt looked up to me, worry covered his face. “Matt, he's right, Jimmy just wouldn't let something happen to Em...” Caro cut in. “My brother or not, I know him” she added. Matt nodded. “Okay then... ok”

End of POV

Emily's POV

The flames were warm but it still didn't seem to warm me up sitting by the large Bonn fire sitting in the middle of the sandy beach. I sat alone, closely by it. The damp night was clear and the sky had millions of tiny bright stars in it. I sighed and pulled up legs up closer to my body. “You cold?” I looked up to see Jimmy tower above me and soon sit down next to me. “A little” I whispered. He pulled off the jacket he wore and placed it over my shoulders. I smiled. “Thanks” “No problem, you know I convinced Matt in letting you out” he spoke taking a sip of the beer he had in his hands. “Letting me out?” I asked watching him closely. “Up, as long as I'm with you” “So I need a body guard” I rolled my eyes huffing. “Well, its that or the whole pack” he spoke lowly. “Well, I'd rather it be you than him..for sure” I smiled a pinch of guilt hit me as it seemed he was hurt by my comment. We sat their watching the flames dance around in front of us. The others hung around. Zack and Caro chatting and flirting across from us. Matt and Brian talking and laughing about some sports game they saw on TV. Things were nice. “So, I plan on going for a run in the morning, meet me outside in front of the house by 6?” I asked smiling. Jimmy nodded. “Sure thing” I kept my smile, being close with him was super nice maybe this would lead into us being closer?

“So I was thinking...” he was about to say something when all of us froze and turned to the distance. A loud wolf howl came from the mountains. My jaw dropped. Everyone knew we weren't missing any pack members. This had to be an outsider. Everyone turned to Matt. “Brian, Zack, with me now” and on cue, they ran into the distance and phased. “Jimmy” Matt turned to him wide eyed. Was this fear? “You take the girls home, we're going tracking until...whenever. Emily” Matt turned to me dead serious. “Stay home” he warned. I nodded and got up. Jimmy and Caro following me. We gathered up the few things we brought and took them over to the cars.

A loud bark came from behind me. I turned to see Matt drop his clothes at my feet. He made a funny muffled groan and I placed my hand by his mouth and he dropped the keys to his truck in my hands. “You want me to drive it back?” I asked. He nodded and turned to were Zack and Brian sat up in the back of the truck. “Do you want me to call the office?” Jimmy asked before getting into his car. Matt barked and nodded again before jumping onto the back of the car. “Just have them warn the people” I added and Matt nodded. There wasn't any state of emergency yet. Caro gathered Brian and Zack's things before getting in the car with Jimmy. They drove off first and I jumped into the truck and started it up before driving back home, all three wolves in the back.

As soon as I cut the engine the wolves were off the back of the truck. I jumped out with Matt's things. “Be careful!” I yelled as Zack and Brian darted off into the woods. Matt paused and turned to me, nodding and then running off. Something different verses the eye rolls or groans I would have usual received.

I walked inside and dropped the guys things on the floor before locking up the door and turning up to go upstairs. I walked past Jimmy who talked away on the phone in the kitchen. I walked into my room and changed out of the woodsmoke smelling clothes and into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I crawled on top of my bed and lied their.

“You alright?” I turned to see Jimmy standing in the doorway. I nodded. “I just feel like I'm nothing around here though, its like Matt isn't convinced I am not strong enough” I sighed frowning. “He loves you Em, he'll do anything to protect you, like I would, like Brian or Zack would” he walked over and lied down beside me. “He tries too hard to be my Dad sometimes though...I hate it” “I know you do sweetheart but he's your brother, he's just looking out for you”

I looked up to see his eyes watched me closely and it was then I noticed how close we really were. “I'm sick of being alone.” I spoke softly. “You and I both” I watched him closely, but soon finding my eyelids heavily weight down. It was like all fear was lifted in Jimmy's presents. He made me feel safe, protected and cared about. Reasons why I loved him so much. If only I knew how he felt about me. If only there was a way I could tell him how I felt without ruining our friendship. Before I knew it I was fast asleep in his arms. A hellish day seemed to turn into a peaceful night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again thanks Em :)