‹ Prequel: Remenissions
Status: i'm back! (:

My Life For Hire

"Chicken Boobs!"

The three of us walked out the door without so much as a glance towards Kari. Judging by the smell, I'd say she opened a bottle of vodka as soon as we'd gone to get Aiden.
We piled into the car that Dad had taken earlier. Aiden was shaking with excitement. He'd always wanted to meet our dad, and now he was going to meet his uncles, too.
Dad drove back to the arena. I grabbed Aiden and took him onto the bus.
Brian gave me a look. "What the fuck is that?"
Aiden waved. "Hi Uncle Bwian!"
"Uh, hi? Who are you?"
"I'm Aiden. Zacky's my daddy!"
"You have got to be fucking kidding me."
Matt appeared from the back of the bus with a Heinekin in his hands. "Who's that, Addie?"
"This is my little brother, Aiden."
Matt spit his Heinekin out. "Kari and Zacky fucked?!"
Dad walked in. "Who am I fucking?"
"Language!" I yelled. I hated when people cursed in front of Aiden.
"You have another kid and you didn't tell us?" Brian yelled.
I got Aiden an apple juice and took him back to the bunks. I could still clearly hear their conversation, though.
"Yeah, when we made up eight years ago. We thought we were gonna last this time. So she wasn't on birth control and I didn't use a condom. He wasn't an accident."
Dad's last sentence tore me apart. What did he mean by that?
Aiden tugged at my shirt. "I can has more juice pwease?" He was seven, but he milked his cuteness to the point of disgust.
"Talk right, Aiden. You're not three anymore," I told him. He looked at his feet with shame.
Dad picked him up. "Let's go in the venue, eh? The doors won't open for another two hours, but they'll have food for us." Everybody agreed.
The Giant Center isn't a very big place. The six of us made our way to the club seating where food was being served for the bands and crews.
"What do you want, buddy?" Dad asked Aiden.
"Chicken boobs!"
We looked at each other, horrified. Everybody else in the small dining area stared at us with amused faces.
"Uh, how about a hot dog?" Matt suggested.
"I don't want a wiener, I want boobs!"
By this point, we'd all lost it.
Brian patted Dad's back. "At least you know he's into women," he said.
Dad's face was bright red. Aiden smiled happily.
A skimpily dressed woman came over to us with a notepad in hand. "What can I get for you?"
I looked her up and down. She stuck certain parts of her body out for my dad to see. Pft, whore.
"I'd like a cheeseburger, no ketchup, and chicken fingers for the little guy," I said in a sickly sweet voice.
She didn't give me a second glance as she turned to the guys. "And for you fine men?"
GAG.
The guys ordered and we waited for our food in a comfortable silence. Slutty waitress came back out with a tray. She gave everybody their food - but me.
"Excuse me, where's my damn food?" I demanded.
"Sorry hun, but we ran out of burgers."
I looked at everybody else's plates - minus Aiden's - to see that they had gotten burgers as well. Dad noticed, too.
"Here, Addie, take mine," Dad said. I smiled and took his loaded burger.
Slutty waitress looked defeated. "I'll bring another one out for you right away, sir."
Once she was gone, I bit into Dad's burger. Provolone cheese, onion rings, jalapenos, lettuce, and barbecue sauce. I let out a moan, which made me instantly blush when Brian looked at me. I'd always had a small crush on him, and he knew it. He winked at me and went back to his own burger. Johnny saw our little interaction.
"We need to talk," he mumbled into my ear. I gulped.
We finished eating and walked back to the bus. It was nearing time for them to head on stage.
Johnny grabbed my arm. "Back of the bus. Now."
I headed back before him, ignoring the guys' questioning stares.
Did he really think something was going on between me and Brian? I was seeing him for the first time since I was eleven, and I hadn't even been alone with him at all today.
Dammit, Johnny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I reeeallllyyyy have no time to write anymore. I've got a handy little notebook that I'm using now, so I'm writing in school...but that's it. I'll try to update all of my stories once a week, but I make no promises. :c
In other news...guess who's going to see Asking Alexandria at the end of the month.
This girl! C: