‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Will/Dean

Will

I pulled Quintin into my lap, never breaking the kiss. It felt so right as I held him close. He pulled away and looked down at me, looking so happy, but I saw the worry deep in his eyes. Sighing, he lay his head on my shoulder, and slowly I leaned back, Quintin shifting a bit to get comfortable.

We laid there for a while, talking and just enjoying each other's company. It just felt so nice to be able to relax here and not about anything else. We never get the chance to just be alone; what with nearly 20 people all being in the same house.

I absentmindedly started running my hand up and down Quintin's back, his breathing becoming more relaxed. I looked at him and he seemed to be asleep. Smiling, I continued to rub his back, looking at the star-filled sky as I found myself getting a bit sleepy.

Dean

Chase and I were in one of the Jacuzzi tubs, candles lit all around us, and both of us sipping on wine. I was leaning against the edge of the tub, Chase relaxed against me. "This is nice, Dean," he said, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Mmm," I said as I drank a bit more of the wine. "Definitely. It's rare for us to be able to be alone like this, and be able to relax. No want at the moment for sex, and no one wanting to do an orgy," I said, causing Chase to chuckle a bit. He sighed, looking up at me, his bright green eyes sparkling in the candlelight.

"Dean, do you ever ... regret ... marrying me?" Chase asked suddenly, making me stiffen a bit. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Forget I did," he said hurriedly.

"I'll answer it, love. You should know," I said, causing Chase to become a bit scared. I turned him around and looked right in his eyes. "Not for a moment do I regret marrying you. Only twice had I felt a bit like we shouldn't have done it, but I don't ever regret it."

Chase's eyes were watering, whether from happiness or something else, I couldn't tell at the moment. "The first time was when you walked out of my door to go back to your parents' place. I was stupid at even thinking you really didn't care about me, but I soon realized I was so wrong and I was so glad when I held you in my arms. The second time was when I got shot up, fearing that if you were here when it had happened, I would truly regret ever putting you in danger."

Chase came over to me, pressed his lips against mine and then turned so we were sitting as we were before he asked the question. I sighed and took a sip of wine. Chase filled his class halfway and took a sip, his eyes closing as he rested his head against my shoulder.

"I don't mean to break the relaxation again, but ... what about you?" I asked, causing him to look up at me. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment, then told me.