‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Quintin/Doctor -Point of View-

During the car ride,I faded in and out of darkness "W-William.." I whispered as my eyes fluttered as I fought to stay awake,wanting to keep

"Come on Quin..stay awake baby stay awake" I heard him say but his voice was faded and sounded like a dying battery operated toy,I scrunched my face up,trying to listen to what he was saying before everything finally went black and stayed like that.

I felt my body being moved,pain searing my skin like hot oil causing me to come out of my darkness and scream,tears of pure agony streaming down my face "Hold him down!! Jesus christ! someone hold him down!!" I heard a male voice yell before I felt arms and hands all over my body.

More screams of pain and agony escaped my throat until I felt someone jab something in my arm. I felt liquid enter my body then the searing pain disappeared,tears and cries of relief falling down my face as I watched the hospital lights flash over me.

I heard nurses and the doctor talking around me before a nurse slipped a mask over my face,telling me to breath deeply and count backwards from ten. Before I even reached six I was completely gone,everything around me quiet and dark.

Doctor

I spent four hours working on the young man who was just brought in, getting X-rays and Cat scans of his entire body to see if I missed anything. It wasn't until I did a scan on his brain that I realized just how bad this poor kid was.

"Doctor...Mr.O'Hanelle is ready to be placed in the recovery room" I heard nurse June speak behind me. I shook my head and turned to face her,after gathering the results from my scanner.

"Place him in the cancer ward please and bring his family into my office..I need to speak with them" I said. June nodded and walked out. I sighed deeply and stared out the window. I couldn't believe I was going to be telling an entire family about this young boy..Though I'm sure they've noticed things about him.

I turned when the door opened and the whole family gathered in my office. I watched as the last one turned and closed the door before facing me. "I'm happy to say the attack didn't do any serious damage" I said,earning a relief look from them all.

"But I'm afraid I have some bad news" I sighed,sitting down at my desk as I pulled out the paperwork "I'm afraid Quintin has stage three brain cancer" I said,looking up at the family.