‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Will -Point of View-

After Quintin and I had our little make-out session, we decided to hang out with everyone else, letting the others know who we were and how Dean and Chase came to know us. While Quintin was chatting it up with someone Chase knew, I saw Dean walking over to me. "Hey, old man, what's up?" I said, causing Dean to smile.

"Nothing much, my good man," Dean said, his smile never faltering. "I need to have a talk with you. A very serious talk," he said, his face turning serious. I nodded as we headed for the front doors of the reception hall. Once we were outside, Dean and I sat down on the stairs.

For a long while, Dean didn't say anything, just sat there, staring forward. After a moment, Dean finally looked at me. "I have to tell you something about Quintin. Chase's orders," he said, not taking his eyes off of me. I nodded, letting him know to continue. "Quintin is a very easy-going, very happy guy -- though he is very sensitive. From what Chase tells me, he was in a relationship not so long ago with a guy for six years, then it crumbled. The guy beat Quintin up real bad for no apparent reason, putting Quintin in the hospital."

"What?" I asked, shocked. "I had no idea." Dean nodded, causing me to look at him again. He let out a long sigh and looked down.

"You can't allow Quintin you know about this. Let him tell you for himself," Dean said as he started fiddling with his cuffs. I nodded, then looked forward.

"What did you say about me to Chase?" I asked, curious. Dean laughed and then sat up straight, the smile never leaving his face. "I'm serious, Dean. I want to know."

"I told him that -- even though you act like a child sometimes, you don't play around when it comes to love. That you were serious about that, fully devoted to your partner. I also said if you and Quintin become serious, that you'll take great care of him." I smiled, knowing that Dean would have my back for everything. "Let's get back inside before anyone thinks we've decided to elope," he said, smacking my shoulder and causing me to laugh.

We went back inside and Dean was nearly attacked by Chase and one of his friends. "What's going on?" Dean asked, looking down at the two of them. "Fred, what'd you do?"

"What makes you think I've done anything?" Fred asked, appalled by such a question.

"You have that look on your face," Dean replied, raising an eyebrow. Fred just grinned then pointed to Geoff and Shaun. When I looked at them, I busted out laughing. Even Dean was laughing.

Someone had dumped the punch bowl on both of them. "And you say we're childish?" Dean said in between laughs. "That right there takes the cake."

"Ooh. That next," Fred said, letting go of Dean. Dean grabbed Fred before he could get away and Fred whimpered.

"Freddy, that's the one thing you cannot mess with. That's Geoff and Shaun's job. Alright?" Dean said, causing Fred to nod. Chase smiled at Dean, planting a big old kiss on his lips.

"Fred, come here," I whispered, causing Fred to follow me away from Dean and Chase. "I've taken care of the whole cake ordeal. I have one in my car in the cooler. Bring it in through the back and do what you want with it." Fred grinned evilly and I handed him the keys. "It's the white Explorer." He nodded and walked over to Chase.

Dean was over with one of his other friends so he wouldn't have the chance to stop Chase and Fred from pulling the biggest prank we have yet to see.