Status: Completed

I'd Drop A Beat For You

I'd Drop a Beat For You 02

The ride from Jersey to New York is a long one. Jenni constantly looks over at Pauly as he drives. He never once says a word, never once looks at her. The silent drive takes the entire night, but to Pauly it feels like days. He stops for gas twice, but never speaks. He never stops for food or for a bathroom. He keeps his foot on the pedal and just goes. They enter the island around 9 AM, Pauly is sure Sophia has gone to work. He doesn’t let this concern slip through his lips.
“Pauly, we’ve been driving all night. Can we at least get breakfast?”
“No, I’ve got to find her,”
“Pauly, this is crazy. Take a minute to think about it,”
“Jenni, I have to talk to her now. Look, dial her office for me and ask if she’s in yet,” Pauly says. He tunes out Jenni as he drives toward his apartment. All he can think about is Sophia. She’s the only girl that has mattered to him. She’s the only one he wants to be with.
“She isn’t in yet, she called in sick,”
“Fuck,” he says. He pulls into the parking garage of the apartment building and parks in the slot for apartment 7C. They get out and head towards the elevator. He taps his foot as they ride past every floor.
“God you guys have a great view,”
“That’s all you can think about?”
“She isn’t my girlfriend,” Jenni says.
The elevator stops and they get out. They take a left and walk to the end of the hallway where 7C is. Pauly stops and looks at Jenni.
“What if this is a mistake?”
“It’s too fucking late now,”
“Jenni,”
“What does your heart say?”
“That something is wrong.”
“Then go in there,” Jenni points to the door. Pauly nods his head before taking his key and opening the door. He steps into the apartment. It’s cleaner than when he left four weeks ago. At the sound of the door opening Sophia comes walking out of the kitchen. She’s wearing jeans, a v-neck black t-shirt and slippers. Her hair is in a pony tail and she’s eating a yogurt. She slowly takes the spoon out of her mouth and stares at him. He’s wearing khaki colored board shorts, a black wife beater and white Nike’s. He’s got a gold cross around his neck and his hair has lost some of the shape it held yesterday. She shakes her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short. not quite a filler but.... comments always appreciated