‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"You're Not Leaving Again, Are You?"

Fang stirred beside me and I looked down at him from my seated position next to him.

"Morning," he yawned, staring at me through one eye.

"Morning," I smiled. "I see you slept."

He stretched and then turned on his side, propping his head up on his hand, "I knew it would work."

"Yeah, yeah. That doesn't mean I'll help you next time, though."

He shrugged, "Oh well. I guess I'll manage."

"You better."

Fang stared playing with the hem of my t-shirt and I watched his hand momentarily before laying my chin on my knees.

"You okay?" he asked me.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired."

"Then go back to bed."

"But I've been up for an hour. I won't be able to sleep now."

Fang sat up and moved next to me so he could lean against me.

I glanced at him before playfully shoving him away with my shoulder. He returned the gesture and then it turned into a shoving war, seeing who could shove the other off the bed first.

I giggled when I almost knocked him off, but he soon came back to shove me. I miraculously moved just in time so instead of hitting me, he forced himself right on to the floor.

"I win," I teased, looking down at a surprised Fang, laying on my stomach.

He sat up and got real close to my face, "You cheated."

I turned my head away from him and blushed, "Did not."

I heard him chuckle and when he became silent, I shyly looked back him.

"Hi," he said, a glimmer of a smile on his face.

My face colored a deeper red, but I let my chin rest on my bed. I continued to face him, but my eyes looked elsewhere.

"Have you heard from the flock lately?" I quietly asked, my eyes still averted.

I felt Fang lean back so I looked at him to find him looking toward my ceiling, with his hand behind his head and he answered me.

"Angel and Gazzy found their family and are actually living with them now. I heard Max went to live with Dr. Martinez and her daughter. I haven't heard from Iggy or Nudge though. Max usually keeps me up to date with everyone. I guess that's Max for you."

"Did you ever... Nevermind," I replied.

His gaze fell on me and he smirked, "What?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter anyway. I was just curious about something."

"What?"

I rolled my eyes and rolled over on my back so I stared at the ceiling, "I'm not telling you.

Fang came into my line of view, smirking at me, "Tell me."

Exasperated, I sighed, "Fine. Did you ever... like... Max?"

"Jealous?"

"No."

"I don't believe you."

"Just answer me, Fang."

He looked up, "I guess I did for a while."

"Oh," I paused, "Did you ever kiss her?"

"And you're not jealous?" he smirked.

"Just answer me."

"No, but she did. I was going to, but we all split and that's when I met you."

"Uh huh..."

I turned away from his stare that said he didn't believe I wasn't jealous and I glared at the wall.

"Only jealously causes a glare like that," he said in my ear.

I jumped and turned that glare on him. "I'm not jealous! I don't need to be if it's me you actually kissed."

"I guess that's true."

I sighed and stretched my arms out behind me to wrap around Fang's body, "I'm not jealous of Max. You're here with me which means she should be the jealous one."

Fang smirked at me, "Maybe I should find out."

"You're not going to leave me again, Fang," I said seriously, gripping his shirt as I stared up at him.

He pressed his mouth against mine in an upside-down kiss and simply stared at me.

"Are you?" I asked, a little wary about his silence.

He kissed me again, "No. Not again."

"Thank you," I smiled, playing with the end of some hair that always fell in front of his ear.

Fang gave me a small smile, but I could tell it didn't hold any value. I didn't get a chance to ask because soon he bent down and started kissing me again, distracting me.

I'll ask you later, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I was going to write a little more, but I've got work tonight and I have to start getting ready. Hopefully I'll get another chapter posted tomorrow if I can' think of another chapter... I'm not ready to go into the 'adventure' part of this story just yet, but I may have to because I have no idea how long the rising action/climax will be. I guess we'll just all have to wait and see! Thanks for reading! Please comment!