Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Sleepover

The next week flew by quickly. I spent every afternoon with Frank. We mostly hung out at his house because it meant that we wouldn’t have to worry about my Mom sporadically checking on us. By Friday afternoon, I decided to spend some time at home by myself. Though, I was interrupted when Amanda called me up in a huff.
“Wow,” she said sarcastically, “You’re alive.”
“What?” I said with confusion.
“I haven’t heard from you in a week.”
“Sorry!” I said breathlessly, “I’ve been with Frank.”
Amanda’s voice was dead serious, “Yeah? No shit.”
“Are you mad at me?” I said incredulously.
“Of course I am, Mia!” she said. “We haven’t hung out in two weeks. You haven’t contacted me in a week. And we haven’t done our weekend rituals of going out to clubs for ages! This is getting ridiculous,” she ranted.
“I’ve been busy,” I said lamely, “I’m sorry.”
Amanda was a very forgiving girl but I knew I wasn’t off the hook yet. What Amanda had said was true – I had been neglecting her for the past few weeks.
“I’ll make it up to you!” I promised eagerly, “Come over tonight? It will be a girls’ night!”
“Really?” she said suspiciously.
“Yes! Just you and me! Maybe some DVD’s and gossip?” I planned sketchily.
“Okay,” she caved with a huff, “But don’t ignore me again. It’s shitty, Mia.”
“I know,” I said, “I’m sorry.”
“You’re my best friend,” she said sadly; “I need to hear from you daily.”
I smiled into the phone, “Me too. It won’t happen again. So, come over?” I confirmed.
“Just a minute,” she said, “I need to check with Mom if she can drive me over.”
After a moment Amanda returned to the phone.
“She won’t drive me!” she whined, “Can you come over here instead?”
“No problem,” I said, “I’ll be over soon.”

After I packed my clothes, Mom drove me over to Amanda’s. Amanda and I had dinner and later retreated up to her room. We had a bowl of popcorn and some sodas and we were both wearing our pajamas.
“This is great!” she exclaimed. As I said, she was a very forgiving and forgetful person.
“We should do this more often,” I agreed.
She nodded eagerly as she stuffed some popcorn into her mouth.
“So,” she finally said after she swallowed, “You have to tell me how things are progressing with Frank.”
I smiled happily, “He’s great Amanda. I really like him.”
“Yeah well you’ve been hanging out a lot,” she said with her eyebrow raised.
“Yeah,” I said guilty.
“What do you guys do?” she inquired.
I shrugged, “We talk, or listen to music or just hang about.”
“Have you guys..” she trailed off nervously.
“What?”
“Never mind,” she said.
“Amanda,” I said seriously as I reached out to touch her hand, “You know you can ask me anything.”
She smiled at me, “Okay,” she lowered her voice, “have you guys done it again?”
I giggled, “Oh. Yes.”
“Really?!” she squealed girlishly.
“Of course!”
“Oh my god,” she swatted my hand.
“Yeah,” I nodded, “It’s pretty..regular,” I said shyly.
“Wow,” she breathed out, “You really do like him.”
I smiled happily, “I do.” I suddenly remembered that Amanda liked Gerard when they first met.
“Do you still like Gerard?” I asked.
She nodded shyly, “Yeah, but he’s kind of hard to connect with. He’s so absorbed with music at the moment. Plus, he kind of is shy when it’s just us.”
I patted her hand again, this time in a comfortingly way, “Well, just keep trying. He’s a great friend to have, even if it doesn’t work out romantically.”
“Yeah,” she smiled, “I don’t mind. He’s just so beau-“
Suddenly my phone started ringing. I raised my eyebrows at Amanda before picking it up.
“It’s Frank,” I said to her.
“Go on,” she smiled, “Answer it. I don’t mind.”
I smiled at her thankfully before accepting the call.
“Hey baby,” he said.
“Hello you. What’s up?” I asked.
“I was wondering whether you, me, and Gerard could hang out?” I heard Gerard in the background yell out hello.
“I can’t Frankie,” I said, “I’m at Amanda’s.”
He sounded disappointed, “Oh, wouldn’t she be keen on hanging out too?”
“Just a sec,” I said into the phone before covering the receiver.
I whispered quickly to Amanda, “Frank’s with Gerard. They wanna know if we can hang out?”
Amanda thought for a moment before shrugging, “I guess,” she said, “Invite them over here,” she suggested. I nodded at her in agreement and turned back to the phone.
“She says okay. But you two gotta come over here,” I said to Frank.
“No problem!” Frank said happily, “We’ll be over soon.”
After I hung up the receiver I looked at Amanda questioningly, “Are you sure this is okay?”
She shrugged with a smile, “As fun as girls’ night is – I don’t mind unisex night either,” she finished with a wink.
I laughed, “Unisex night?”
She nodded eagerly before musing, “Do you think we should stay in our pajamas?”
I grinned at her slyly, “Yeah, why not tease them a little?”
She returned my grin evilly, “Oh Mia. I’ve missed your thinking.”

We soon answered the door to greet Gerard and Frank.
“Pajama night, hey?” Frank said suggestively in my ear as we hugged each other. I noticed he was wearing his skeleton gloves.
“Well it was supposed to be a ‘girls only’ night,” I said in my defense.
I noticed Gerard secretly eye Amanda up and down after they broke apart from their hug too. I had to hold back a giggle.
“I thought girls in pajamas at a sleepover were only a fantasy,” Frank mused.
Amanda coughed nervously as I giggled.
“Should we go up to my room?” Amanda finally spoke up again.
“Yeah c’mon,” I said confidently leading everyone upstairs as though it were my house.
“So what do we do at girls’ night?!” Gerard said eagerly as he sat down on a pillow in Amanda’s room.
“Pfft,” I scoffed at Gerard, “The rules change now; Amanda and I decided it is unisex night.”
Amanda laughed, “Yeah no girl pillow fight for you.”
Gerard sighed playfully, “Damn.”
“Wanna drink?” Amanda offered everyone.
“Sure,” Frank shrugged.
Amanda poured us all shots which we took together. Amanda and Gerard were avidly talking about photography and film so I pulled Frank out of the room so they could bond alone.
“What?” Frank said excitedly as I lead him into a different room and shut the door.
“They need time together,” I explained, “alone.”
Frank’s face fell, “Ohh.”
I giggled, “Did you think I was desperate for you Frankie?” I joked as I fluttered my eyelashes.
“Shut up!”
I fell on the bed laughing, “I knew it would get to you.”
He joined me on the bed and looked me up and down before saying, “Yeah, well you’re wearing your fucking pajamas. Your girly pajamas at that.”
Frank's hands pushed their way up my loose shirt.
“Frank,” I said warningly, “Maybe we shouldn’t…we’re in someone else’s house.”
He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder. Finally he agreed with a grin and returned his hands to his side.
“What should we do then?” he asked.
“Talk,” I said as I moved to lie on my stomach and propped my head up on my hands.
“About?”
“How awesome I am,” I said sarcastically.
He laughed and lay down beside me, “I could do that, actually,” he said sincerely.
“Aw,” I cooed at him.
Frank cutely pecked my nose before saying, “Well firstly,” he used his fingers to count, “You’re awesome because you have a sense of humor.”
I smiled at him as he spoke.
“Secondly, you’re awesome because you’re really sexy.”
This time I giggled.
“You’re also really awesome because you -- “
This time I cut him off by kissing him hard on the mouth. I rolled over so I was on top of him and continued to kiss him. My fingers knotted in his hair as his hands found their way to my waist.
“I thought we weren’t going to do this at someone else’s house?” Frank said quickly in between kisses.
“I changed my mind,” I responded quickly as I started taking off his shirt, “You’re too cute.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going away for a few days, but I'll update as soon as I get back - I promise. Thank you guys for subscribing and commenting. Your support keeps me going :)

Ps. The big complication/climax will come in the next few chapters. Oh dear!