The Tracks of My Tears

All I Do Is Fail.

Image

The Tracks Of My Tears

Chapter Twenty Three

The next day, after spending hours talking about how the wedding would take place with the wedding planer, everyone went to this place that was packed with people and had a huge dance floor. They played nice slow songs as people ate and danced. Annie sat on the left side of the big long table that sat the whole group, Joe was sitting right across from her, looking down at his food, Danielle was sitting next to her and every now and then would mutter in her ear.

“You have to tell him.”

“I will” Annie shot back at her.

“Tonight?” Danielle asked. “Your running out of time...the wedding is tomorrow.”

“Don't you think I know that?” Annie barked.

“Wow.... mood swings” Danielle smiled. Annie wanted to yell at her, but how could she be mad at Danielle for telling her the truth? Annie looked up so see that Joe had been watching her, as soon as she met his eyes he looked back down.

“Aw, he was looking at you” Danielle mused.

“So....” Annie trailed off, Danielle just laughed before Kevin started to tell her something. Annie looked over at him again and he just kept his eyes on his food, she decided that that would be the safest place for her eyes too. And that's where they stayed for awhile until she heard;

I've got sunshine
On a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside,
I've got the month of May.

Well, I guess you'll say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl. (My girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl. (My girl)


Annie looked up to see Joe had looked up too, their eyes locked and her mind went swimming into the past.....

He grabbed both her hands and intertwined their fingers. A fast song was playing now, everyone was jitterbugging around them But they didn't move just stood there looking into each others eyes.

It was he who broke the eye contact this time, he looked a little green now and suddenly stood up.

“We should get going... we have a bachelor's party to get to.”

both Kevin and Nick got up too, Kevin giving a kiss to Danielle's cheek, Katie rushed over to Joe and hugged him tightly.

“Were not going to see each other till tomorrow.”

“I know....” Joe trailed off.

“I'll miss you” she smiled.

“Yeah.... right back at cha.”

Katie looked confused as Joe then rushed Nick and Kevin out of the room.

“Right back at cha?” Danielle smiled. “Oh yes, he really will miss her.... he will be just waiting for you to sneak into his room again.”

“I'm not gonna do that again.... that ended badly.”

“You have to tell him....before he's to drunk to remember.”

“What are you two mumbling about?” Kevin Sr. asked from the head of the table.

“Girl stuff” Danielle smiled up at him, he didn't question anymore, not wanting to know anymore about their girl problems. An hour latter Denise, Danielle, Katie and Annie were all on their way back to Katie's hotel room, to have a baccalaureate’s party. When they arrived their were a few girls already in the room, Katie told them they were friends from work, she also pulled Annie aside, just to have a chat..

“I'm sorry you had to witness my drunkenness last night... I would never want you to see that” Katie mused.

“Its ok...I'm not a kid.... I've seen Joe drunk loads of times.... he's a lot of fun when he's drunk” Annie smirked.

“He shouldn't be drunk in front of you.... that says 'hey go out and get drunk'.”

“He's tried to get me to drink once.....” Annie trailed off.

“HE DID?” Katie's eyes widened.

“Yep” Annie smiled, she walked away leaving Katie bug eyed.

“Let's play games” a high pitched voice yelled, Annie found that it was one of Katie's work friends. For a few hours they played dumb wedding games, Annie couldn't wait to just leave, but every time she tried Katie pulled her back and said how happy she was Annie was there.

“Let's play the baby game” the high pitched voice yelled.

“What's that?” Annie asked.

“Its when we put names into a hat and witch ever name has been picked the most is the name the bride and groom will name their first child.”

Annie looked over at Danielle with a look that said it all, Danielle started to laugh loudly and every girl in the room looked at her. That gave Annie a chance to sneak out. She walked down the hall for awhile, not sure where she was going. Then she saw him. Joe had walked out of his room and was now walking down the hall, this might be her chance, if she could just catch up with him she could tell him about the baby.... if he wasn't to drunk.

She fallowed, trying to speed up to him, he had opened a door then walked through it and he was gone, she sighed trying to reach the door, once she did she didn't see a key hole or any room number, she twisted the handle and the door opened, she walked out onto a covered balcony. He was looking over the railing looking down at the cars passing.

“Hi....”

He looked up and turned around to see her, he didn't look drunk.

“Hi.... what are you doing here?”

He didn't sound drunk.

“I saw you walking down the hall and fallowed... I just wanted to get away from...them.”

“Me too... Nick and his drunk stupidity has decided to tell me off again about me and your relationship... he says Katie's prettier then you... I almost punched him.”

“I'll make sure I do tomorrow.”

“I'm sorry for yelling at you last night...”

“I yelled first” Annie stated.

“You realize by this time tomorrow I'll be married?” he asked, walking a bit closer to her.

“I know.... that's kinda why I fallowed you.”

“You want me to call it off?” he asked.

“No.... we've been through this.”

“I know...” he placed his hands on her hips and suddenly pulled her close to him. “But I'd call it off in a second.... you just give me the word.”

“I already told you no.... we can't be together.”

He just looked down at her, she wasn't sure but she thought she saw tears in his eyes. He pulled her closer and she lay her head down on his shoulder as the slowly began to sway them back and forth.

“Did you hear they played My Girl?” Joe whispered in her ear, she almost gasped, but stayed strong.

“I know....”

“It reminded me of when I took you to that dance at your school... remember?”

“Of course I do... it reminded me of that too.”

“I had that dream about you that night... you were dressed like Sandy..... then you got the outfit and you.....”

“I remember.”

“You were my dream girl that night and you always will be” he pulled back and looked into her eyes. His head slowly came toward hers, she backed up a bit more.

“No... come on, I didn't come after you for this.”

“You should know by now... I can't resist you” and before she could say anything ells or back up anymore his lips hit hers. Her eyes closed tightly as her lips melted into his. After a few minutes he pulled away with his forehead rested on hers.

“Let's go back to your room.”

“No...”

“Come on, I'll do it right here if you want.... I just need one more night with you” he pleaded with her.

“No... I need to tell you something... but that's all.”

“Everything ells can wait... just spend one more night with me... I need you...please, Annie.”

“I'm not just going to give in to you.... if you don't want to hear what I have to tell you, I'm just gonna leave.”

“No don't leave me” his grip on her hips tightened. “If you don't want to, then fine... but just stay with me a few minutes.”

She didn't say anything and pulled his hands away from her, he watched her intensely, almost scared she would leave, but she didn’t she walked around him and looked out at the street. He sighed and came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her tightly from behind. She let her head fall back into his chest and sighed heavily, she had failed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU FOR SAYING YOU WOULD READ PART THREE... I promise she will tell him in the next chapter.... until then PLEASE COMMENT!!