Status: COMPLETED <3

How Do You Like Me Now?

The Prom.

The night of the prom Melissa and I got ready at her house; I’m actually surprised that she didn’t sabotage my dress or something. Josh arrived to pick us up in the limo, Melissa didn’t have a date, and we were on our way.

Prom was more fun than I had given it credit for. I thought it would be everyone obsessing over who the King and Queen would be, but it wasn’t.

When one of the songs were over Melissa asked me to get her something to drink, that she had something she had to do. I should of wondered what she could have needed to do during prom that was so important, but I didn’t doubt her; she was, after all, my best friend.

After getting Melissa and myself a drink, Josh hadn’t wanted anything, I walked back over to where we had been dancing, but couldn’t find either of them.

I figured ‘maybe they went to the bathroom,’ and walked out into the hallway. Guess what I saw; If you thought it would be Josh and Melissa kissing, you thought correctly.

I gawked at them, my mouth hanging open. Josh hadn’t seen me, but Melissa did, though she didn’t tell him.

“God, I’ve been waiting to do that all night babe. Why did you pay me to ask your friend to come here with me, anyways?” Huh, now that I think about it, he hadn’t called me by my name all night.

“So this would happen.” she replied, looking at me with a triumphant smirk on her face.

Josh turned around when he noticed she was looking at something behind him. Once he saw me he got a surprised look on his face then started laughing like crazy.

Tears were streaming down my face as I spoke. “Why would you do this to me, I thought we were best friends.”

“Exactly, you thought. I’ve never liked you, you were just an extremely easy target. Nerds don‘t deserve to have real friends.”

I shook my head dismally, ran outside, and called my mom to come pick me up.