Status: New Kennedy Story!

Lies, Ties and Love.

Calling Back

"He-Hello?" LA said, stuttering at the common greeting.

"Don't worry. It's still me." John said from the other line. LA sighed in relief.

"So... how did he take it?" LA asked out of anticipation.

"Well first he was and you didn't tell me?"and then he smiled after Garrett said he looked like him except for the eyes, and then he said why didn't she tell me?" Is that brief enough for you?' John said.

".... He wants to know why?" LA wasn't ready for this.

All she wanted to do was for James to meet his biological father because she's getting married in less than 3 months. The out of the country was just a cover story, She had no guts to tell Kennedy, her ex boyfriend 4 years ago who she never really got over to find out she's getting married to a guy she met 4 days after he left for their first tour. Well, they ended it but it wasn't really the best ending it wasn't the worst too.

*
4 years 6 months ago.

"LA. I have great news." Kennedy said sitting next to Laine on the grass at her parent's backyard. LA smiled, she has not told him yet about being pregnant with his child.

"I have to news too." She said her smile fading a little.

"What's wrong?" Kennedy said raising her chin. She shook her head and mumbled a

"Nothing."

"Laine, you can tell me anything.” Kennedy said looking at her blue eyes.

"It's just.... I... have a gift for you." LA did actually have a gift for Kennedy. A White Gibson Les Paul Studio.

"My birthday is not until next week. But thanks, before your wonderful gift… guess what?!" Kennedy said holding LA's hands and shaking them.

"The band got signed. We're going to have our first tour for about one month and then recording. I'm dropping out of college. My mom agreed... she agreed." Kennedy said ecstatic. LA's heart started sinking...

"How long will you be gone?" She said trying to hide the sound of desperation, and possibly pain.

"About A month for touring, recording for about 6 months with writing process and then interviews and all that shit. We're signed LA! We're signed!"

She couldn't believe it. She broke up with him.

"You're going to be gone for about more than 9 months." LA said when after she said “I can’t do this, We’re done.”

"That doesn't mean we can't work this out!" Kennedy replied in defense. He couldn’t just lose her.

"I'm going to college." LA said hiding all the feelings that should be showing.

"So?" Kennedy replied with all the added attitude.

"I have to focus." LA replied back and looked away.

"Bull shit!"

"Kennedy, just... drop it. You're leaving. I'm leaving."

"When are you leaving?"

"I'm not telling. It's going to be harder. Just... please know I loved you."

"Loved?" Kennedy questioned. She can’t be over that fast. Loved? Loved? Loved!

LA stood up and left Kennedy's room. Once reached the last step she saw her gift that has not yet been delivered. She grabbed it, walked back up, knocked and left the case.

She was hurt and numb.
"It's going to be alright." LA said once she was seated on the plane. "It's going to be alright." LA said rubbing her stomach where Kennedy and LA's child is.

Kennedy stepped out of his room and almost tripped over the case. It was a guitar case. His birthday just finished. There was a note on the inside of the case.

Remember I loved you.

He put the note in his wallet even if He wanted to burn it, throw it, tear it but He couldn’t because it was from her.

*

"Hello. Hello. LA! LA! Laine!" John shouted from the other line.

"John. Please don't do that." LA said with a sigh.

"Sorry."

"Did you tell him the real reason?" LA asked John.

"Of course not. I don't want to be killed on my first day back to Arizona." John replied.
"So, how's soon-to-be-hubby and James?"

The guys were always there for her. Garrett was usually the one she vented everything out but Garrett was having problems now, basically he wants to marry her but he's scared shitless.

"James is well....same. and Drake and I are great. How about Garrett?"

"Haven't you talked to him yet?"

"No. Last time was 4 days ago."

"The last time you talked to me was a week ago!"

"John, you know I love you." LA said with a giggle.

"John... are you talking to… Laine?"

LA stopped laughing. And practically almost threw her phone out. That voice was very familiar, it sent chills down her spine even after all these years.

"Can I uh- talk... to er... Her?" He said in the background.

"Sure bro. Just... don't break my phone." John said as his voice was trailing.

"Yeah... uh... I'll just, Go out first." Kennedy said more audible.

"Laine?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Is it okay? tell me :3