‹ Prequel: Jasey Rae
Status: hiatus.

Into Your Arms

PROLOGUE

The stadium was silent when I walked in it. The game was over, a 4-2 win over New York's team, which was a very difficult yet satisfying game. The stadium was empty except for the few workers that were hired to clean up all the stands. Though, they rarely ever did a thorough job because in all honestly, who cares about a few peanut shells lying around when you arrive?

My team said goodbye and that they'd see me at the hotel when I get back. I merely smiled and waved a farewell, walking slowly to the pitcher's mound.

It's been nearly three months since Jack told me he and the rest of them had been signed by Hopeless Records, and they couldn't be happier about it. Every now and then, one of the three sends me a txt or a picture of what the stage looks like or one of the many cities they're in. Jack occasionally leaves a voicemail, telling me stories - carefully leaving Alex out of the story, I noticed - and wishing that I were there. He told me empty promises of saying that he would visit on his days off, but they always fell through. I could never go visit him because I was always on the other side of the country, and I just couldn't swing it. Though, it seemed like Jack or the others never made any effort to come and visit me. But, I shouldn't complain or bitch; this is their dream and they're finally chasing it. Who am I to stop them from chasing their dreams when I'm chasing mine this very moment?

"Good game, Scott!"

I turned around, smiling over at my coach and giving him a grateful wave before he walked out. My hands reached inside my bag to grab a stray baseball and one of my bats. I dropped my shoulder, the bag that was hanging dropping carelessly to the dirt ground as I found myself walking to home plate.

My thoughts wandered to the four boys traveling the country this very moment, and I felt my heart tug a little. I missed them like crazy. When I was in Maryland, I could barely stand being without the boys for barely two days. But now five and a half months have passed and, honestly, I haven't felt the greater need to call them every second like I had when I resided on the east coast. Maybe it's because I'm not talking to all four.

I threw the white ball towards the sky and gripped the wooden bat in my hands. My mind shot only one image through my head as the baseball fell quickly to the ground. It was a picture of a boy; a boy I missed terribly and wished I never left, despite all that's happened. It was the boy who had deceived me, tricking me into loving him just so he could take the one thing I'd never give to just anyone.

Alex Gaskarth.

I hit the ball in the stands, nearly hitting a worker, but I didn't care; my feels of anger, frustration, and down right hurt were put into that swing.

I dropped to my knees, tears slipping between my fingers as I covered my face with my hands. I missed Alex; I couldn't deny it any longer. I wanted him back.

Too bad he didn't want me back at all.

~~

"Hey, Jasey! You need to come see us play, bitch! Besides, we're all on Jasey Withdrawal! It's been months since we've seen your gorgeous face! We're back in Maryland for a few days! Hit us up when you get this!"

The smile on my face was evident of my happiness as I quickly called Jack back. Sure, I could've done this a long time ago, but I never got the chance to actually visit them.

"Hello?"

I grinned instantly, the voice of my best friend filling my head. "Jack." I breathed, barely able to speak because I was so overwhelmed. I haven't talked to him directly in a long time.

"Jasey Rae! Oh my fucking God! I fucking missed you, bitch! Why haven't you called?" He whined, but I could hear the famous Jack Barakat smile in his voice. There was another voice in the background, but I ignored that. All I cared about was the boy on the phone with me.

"Sweetie, the phone can go both ways." I smirked, plopping down on my bed so my back was resting against the headboard. "But, that doesn't matter now. You said you were in Maryland, right?"

"Yes! Where are you? We wanna see you!" He fake pouted to which I smiled widely in return. He was still the same old Jack Barakat.

"I'm actually in New York. We just got finished up with our last game before our break, so I can come in for a few days." Conveniently our break just happened to be the few days All Time Low was just down the road a piece.

"Fuck yeah! Get your ass down here then, beautiful! Just drive down to Baltimore and we'll take care of the rest."

Smiling from ear to ear, I nodded. "You got yourself a deal, Barakat. I can't wait to see you all."
♠ ♠ ♠
yayy, the prologue is up!
the feedback i got the last chapter was amazing, and i can't thank you enough for it. (:
i'm still sick, though. ://

anywayyyss...
five comments for the first chapter? :]