Status: New Story- Complete

Imprinted on My Heart

Chapter 15

No One’s POV

Over the next three days Alex and Maeve didn’t speak one word to each other. The day after the fight they were both too pissed to be even near each other on the training field so they stayed at opposite ends of the field, not even turning to where the other was.

Friends were concerned for the two and were constantly asking what happened but Alex would only grunt while Maeve would shoot an icy glare at them and ignore them.

On the second day they ignored one another but for Alex the rage had left but he was still angry that she wanted to put herself in danger, didn’t she know that he wanted nothing to happen to her that he had promised himself that she would never get hurt again yet she went and put herself in danger and in a situation that he couldn’t help her with.

Maeve was not furious but pissed; she thought that he thought that she couldn’t hack it, that because she was bitten and born then she was somehow below the rest of them and not cut out for this, that she was in effect worthless.

Mia was pissed because she had to watch her friend getting upset over this, that both of her friends were upset over this was bad enough but she had gotten really close to Maeve lately and having to see her like it was horrible.

Jo could feel the difference in them both and she could feel that Maeve’s confidence had taken one hell of a ht while Alex was feeling helpless, it hurt her mentally to be able to feel their emotions so she tried not to have too much contact with either right now.

Adolf blamed himself for putting them in this situation but it was a necessary evil for the packs sake and while his son was worried, he believed that Maeve could do this, she was strong for one so inexperienced and world hardened.

Annette’s heart broke whenever she saw the pain her son was going through and to see her future daughter in law hurting as well was torture in itself.

By the third day Alex had talked some sense into himself, he realised he had made a mistake with the things he had said but damn he was scared, scared of losing her.

Alex’s POV

I near enough itched with the need to be near Maeve, she is my imprint, my soul mate and being at odds with her went against everything in me, but then so did the idea of letting her go into danger.

I sighed and pushed my plate away from me, getting up from the dinner table unexpectedly making my family all look at me slightly shocked. I didn’t really notice though as I walked to the door and grabbed a pair of shoes, throwing them on before walking out the door and towards Mia’s house, focused only on seeing Maeve.

Once I reached the house I paused at the door, how would she take me coming here? I wondered. I sighed knowing I had to knock to find out so raising my fist I knocked loudly on the door.

Seconds later Mia appeared at the door. She raised a brow and crossed her arms at the sight of me
“What do you want Alex?” she asked
“to see Maeve, let me in Mia” I told her as I moved to go past her but she blocked the way
“she doesn’t want to speak to you Alex” Mia said in a sad tone, she probably knew this would hurt me and it did. I took the blow and shook my head
“I don’t care if she doesn’t want to, I have to see her Mia, I have to talk to her” I insisted. Mia sighed
“Alex I know how you must feel but I don’t think she’s up for another argument right now” Mia said softly. I groaned and rubbed a hand over my face
“I didn’t come to fight, I just need to speak to her” I said
“let him in” a soft voice I recognised said from the top of the stairs.