Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 11 The Mall

"I know how to save our sanities" I exclaimed. Spade, Kyla, and Tink looked at me curiously. "I'll be right back" I said winking. I got up from my seat and walked over to the office. As I opened the door and entered the secretary, Ms. Hall, was just leaving the teacher's supply office. "Ah, Carmen! How've you been?" I shrugged. "So why're you here today?"

"I need permission slips to skip school, I don't want to put up with all the 'sane' people rambling at lunch about how I should sit with them" I answered annoyingly looking at the ceiling.

"More than one?"

I nodded holding up three fingers.

"I think your missing one." Ms. Hall pointed out.

"Nah, Shina's being sent home due to low blood sugar." Ms. Hall passed the slips to me knowing I'd help her out anytime with her yard or her kids. Both can be ferocious in her household. I exited the office holding up the slips with a slight smile. "That was fun" I proclaimed. Spade looked ready to curse someone into flames. "How'd you..." was all Kyla said shaking her head.

"I have connections that work here" I heard a snicker. "Connections that work here? Carmen?" I turned around to see Shina's mom looking at me trying not to smile or laugh. I nodded. "Yep. I either work on her yard or I babysit her kids" Spade laughed.

"Now I know whom your talking about. Ms. Hall... right?" I nodded. "Ah. That explains it then." I walked towards the exit smiling.

"So where are we off to now?" Kyla asked.

"Well I have to run home and grab my wallet, then how about the mall?"

"Sounds good to me, just keep me out of Victoria's Secret" I smirked at Spade's comment.

"Aw what's wrong Spade? Hate the lacy bras much?" I teased. He flipped the middle finger up at me.

>>>About 15-20 minutes later<<<

"Are you having fun dragging me through Macy's?" Tink asked.

"What? You don't like the outfits they have here?"

"Some of them, but still why?"

"Shopping? I do need some new clothes anyways."

"So do I, and Spade has gone off into his own little section of the mall" Kyla piped up coming out from behind a rack of tees. I went toward a rack that had some hoodies on it. "Why the fuck are there jeans on this rack?"

"People need to learn how to put stuff back on the proper racks, they always throw random crap someplace unneeded."

I nodded in agreement to that statement. "Ooh this looks cool." I said holding up a white hoodie that looked like someone had splattered different colored paints all over it. "Nice" Kyla said glancing across the isle. I just happened to look over my shoulder and saw someone that wasn't there before. She had a wasp tattoo on her neck. I went towards Tink whom was looking at some jeans.

"We got a problem." She looked up at me I pointed at the girl she looked and cursed. Kyla looked as well. "Christ can't we be left alone for just one day?" My cellphone began to ring. It was Spade. "Yeah?" I answered.

"We got a really big problem."

"I think we know that already"

"So theres a bee near you too?" I rolled my eyes "Duh."

The wasp girl looked over at me, Tink, and Kyla. "Well we'll see you at the checkout." I said to Spade. He sighed. "Yes, I know, have fun," He said right before I flipped my phone closed and began searching the shelves for a decent pair of jeans.

"What the hell is wrong with people? I just found a pair of jeans that don't even belong in the petite section."

"Ugh don't ask me, hey have you seen Aya?" I closed my eyes and said. "I think I saw her go into the bathroom."

"Dang."

"Excuse me." The wasp girl said coming up from behind me. I turned on the heel of my foot.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for my friend, her names Kay. Have you seen her?" I tensed up shaking my head.

"Nope sorry"

"Hmmph, she's late, shes never late," the girl rambled going towards the entrance.

"Who's Kay?" Tink asked.

"Kay is Lyre's fake name" I said still tensed up.

I saw Spade coming down the escalator with a guy holding him by his collar. "Shit, Spade's caught." Kyla snapped her head up and looked in the direction I was looking. So did Tink, "Oh sweet mother of Jesus Christ"

I went towards the escalator grabbing a random long sleeved shirt. "Hey, Spade, what do you think of this shirt?" I asked going towards him. The guy behind him looked over at me and released Spade whispering in his ear just loud enough for me to hear. "Next time you won't be so lucky boy." Spade got off the escalator shaking.

"Looks good." He said following me back to the racks.

"Good because if I have to act again I'm going to act homicidal." He laughed.

"I do like the black v-neck though" I looked at the shirt and gave it my approval. "Dang and I picked one that was my size without even realizing it"

I looked at the entrance where the girl was and saw the guy go up to her and they both left. I sighed.

"They're gone. One less thing to worry about. For now," Kyla said looking around. I nodded.

"We're going to have to tell Shina." I pointed out.

"We'd better not," Spade groaned.

"She'll probably end up finding out anyways!" I exclaimed.

Kyla sighed saying, "She's right Spade."

"Dammit," He cursed.

"What, why is Spade cursing? What did I miss?" Ayanna asked walking down the isle.

"Oh nothing much, two wasps entered the store. One decided to threaten Spade. But Carmen decided to play innocent girlfriend asking her boyfriend on what his opinion was for a shirt," Tink said with an amused look. Crossing his arms Spade went over to checkout to wait for us to get done shopping.

"Nice, I would have just waited for the wasp to get within arms reach and would have threatened him." Aya stated letting her mind wander as to all the different possibilities as to the damage she could do.

"Well, I'm done shopping for now. I'm going to go over to checkout and then get going." I said looking over towards the direction of the rather familiar bleep of an item scanner.

"Okies, see ya there Carm," Kyla said flipping through another rack of clothes.