Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 5 Surprise

I was in my room wondering what to wear. Spade told me to get ready to go... he didn't say where, he just winked at me. I found my deep purple shirt and black mini-skirt. I pulled on some fishnet stockings then proceeded to get ready to go. Just as I was lacing up my knee high boots I heard a knock at my door looked over and asked, "Who is it?"

"It's me," I heard Spade say.

I smiled, "Hang on a sec." I finished lacing up my boots and opened my door.

"What's up?" I asked grinning.

"Nothing really, you look beautiful" Spade said looking at me.

I sighed blushing and asked "So where are we off to?"

"You'll see," was all he said and we left my house.

About five minutes later it seemed like something from a dream. At least from one of my dreams. Spade pulled me into a carnival, guiding me through the crowds to a wicked looking haunted house. "Awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Wait until you get inside," Spade said grinning. He opened the door having me go first. I stepped inside and was amazed. The place looked great, yeah I saw all the little traps and what not but it still looked wicked. They even had real cobwebs/spiderwebs... the thing I wasn't impressed with was the smell of fear. I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Spade asked.

I shook my head. "Just the smell, that's all."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me forward dodging all the traps.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't say anything and opened up a door. 'Was it even part of the haunted house?' I asked myself.

"Careful of the stairs" He warned just as I took a step and nearly fell. When we finally reached our destination he flipped on a light switch. I almost had a heart attack when everybody yelled "Surprise!" I looked around and saw a banner that said 'Happy Birthday Carmen' I didn't know what to say or do.

"What the hell?" I asked not really surprised at the 'surprise party'.

"What? It's your birthday! I've been planning it all week!" Kyla exclaimed.

"I know, you've been acting weird all week. That and every time you lie your eyes turn a deep blue" I explained. She rolled her eyes.

~~After the birthday party~~

"See ya later Carm" Shina waved.

"See you tomorrow at school" Kyla said.

"Goodnight Carmen" My dad and Ivy said in unison.

We were all alone, and I didn't quite understand what to do after they left.

"Let's get you settled in"

"Wait, what?" I asked confused.

"This place is yours, me, Sarina and mom used to live here. The land and house is still in our name, but we decided you needed someplace safer to live."

"Why? What's wrong with my house?" I practically demanded. Spade winced.

"Too far from the warehouse." He said slowly. I frowned but nodded.

After I saw where the bathroom and main bedroom was I went straight to bed. As I dozed off I heard Spade sigh and begin shuffling off to another bedroom. I smiled then passed out.