Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 6 Set aflame

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a fire. I looked around for a way out of the building, there was but it was sealed. I didn't want to die there. In that room with the bed in the corner farthest from the door and a table with chairs at the corner opposite of it. There was one other exit, the window behind the table. I opened it and looked around, alot of houses were on fire. I didn't recognize the building I was in let alone the neighborhood. I jumped from my second story window landing with cat's grace on the pavement. I looked around again and went in the direction I believed to be right. I heard crying form one of the burning buildings. I began to run in the direction of the crying. When I finally got to the building the the crying was coming from I noticed one of the windows was slightly ajar. I pulled it up further and climbed in. I heard the crying coming from behind one of the collapsed beams. I got closer and I noticed two children hugging each other, one was badly injured. I took a couple of steps back and ran towards the beam then maneuverered myself at a sharp angle suddenly to run alongside the wall. When I got to the kids they looked at me like I was some sort of monster.

"Let's go come on" I said hold my arms out.

"T-Take my sister please!" The older kid said.

"I'm taking both of you, so come on!" I demanded.

I put his sister in my one arm and he climbed onto my back making sure not to choke me. I ran on the wall again. When I got to the window I let the boy off my back and told him to go outside first so he could get his sister. When he was finally outside I handed him his sister. Began to proceed outside when the upper part of the sill caught fire. 'Shit' I thought. 'Better hurry' When I got outside the boy was still looking at me like I was a demon, or an alien.

"Do what you want from here on out. It's your life, take control of it," I said. "Me on the other hand am going to do what I can."

I turned and walked away feeling guilty. I looked back once to see that they were staring at the ground. I continued on down the streets the never ending maze of streets. Seeing nothing but flames and hearing nothing but the crackling of the flames and the crashing of falling support beams. It hurt to think that there might be people in these buildings that I can't help, or that I couldn't have helped. I reached an entrance, or an exit in this never ending city, but what I saw beyond it was incomprehensible.

"Home," I gasped.

It too was aflame. I ran through the city looking in all the places I remember there being civilization. There were some, not the people I was looking for but still people I recognized.

"Lizza, what happened? Where is Spade, Kyla and Shina?" I asked one of the survivors.

"Stay away from me, monster!"

"Lizza it's me Carmen, from school!"

"C-Car-Carmen? But, you look... different"

"Where's Spade, Shina and Kyla?"

"They said to tell you home."

I gasped and awoke from the dream with a jolt.