Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active. Working on an update.

She's the Drug That I Need

Chapter 18

Brian lay awake watching Sarah sleep peacefully next to him in the bed she usually shared with Seth.

Déjà vu.

He had woken up next to her countless times over the three years they had been meeting up together, and despite him being in a relationship with Michelle at the time he had never felt guilty for cheating on her constantly.

And that’s what bothered him the most at that moment. There was not one shred of guilt flowing through his body. He didn’t feel guilty for spending the night with another man’s wife and he didn’t feel guilty about cheating on Melissa, the girl he loved.

He rolled onto his back and sighed, staring up at the ceiling. He was in love with Melissa, she had made him so happy over the past six months. But here he was lying next to another woman, one whom he’d been in love with for almost six years if he was honest with himself.
But after spending the night with Sarah he realised that some of those feelings he’d had for her were resurfacing. But had he really stopped loving her?

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing on the night stand next to the bed. he turned his head silently, watching as Sarah stretched her arm out to retrieve the handset.

“Hello.”

Brian heard a male voice on the other end of the line. Seth’s voice.

“Oh hey…no Brian brought Jenni home and we went to the movies and then for something to eat….yeah I know…I know…when will you be home?” as Sarah listened to Seth give his answer Brian pushed the covers off his naked body and got out of bed.
Sarah turned at the sound of movement, her eyes finding Brian, watching as he turned to look at her.

“Wait.” She mouthed with a smile. he nodded looking down at the floor, his eyes scanning the room, realising that his clothes had been discarded downstairs.

“Okay, listen I’ve gotta go, I can hear Jenni…yeah you too, see you when you get back.” She said keeping her eyes on Brian as she ended the call.

“Where are you going?” she asked grinning.

“Home. I don’t think it’s a good idea if I’m here when Seth gets home, or Jenni wakes up for that matter.” He replied.

Moving herself to the other side of the bed, she looked up at him with a playful glint in her eyes, “Seth won’t be home for at least another two hours and even if Jenni does wake up anytime soon she’ll sit and watch cartoons in her room.” as she spoke she kept her eyes on his, reaching out a hand to capture his dick. “So we can have a little bit more fun.” She added tugging him gently back onto the bed.

With a smirk Brian pressed his lips against hers, sliding his tongue over hers as her hand slipped up and down his shaft.

~*~

Pulling a t-shit over her head, Sarah giggled, “Why should I go and get them?”

“Because firstly you’re the reason they’re down there and secondly, what if Jenni is already down stairs?” he replied.

“Okay, I’ll go get them.” She replied slipping her feet into a pair of flat pumps.

“Thank you.” he said as she walked over to the door. she walked down stairs, finding his t-shirt next to the table where their activities had began. Making her way out to the back yard, she found his jeans and boxers discarded next to the hot tub next to her panties and bed shorts. She then made her way back upstairs, hearing movement in Jenni’s room before she walked back into her bedroom.

“Jenni’s awake. Do you want coffee?” she said throwing him his clothes.

“What are you going to tell her if she comes down?” he asked pulling on his boxers.

“That you had some wine and couldn’t drive home and slept in the spare room.” she replied her eyes wandering over his body as he dressed. “So coffee?”

“Please.” He replied with a smile. she nodded and walked back out of the bedroom, reaching the top of the stairs before she heard a door open.

“Morning pumpkin.” She said as she turned to face her daughter.

“Morning mommy.” she said with a smile, running over to her and reaching her arms up to be lifted.

“Did you sleep well princess?” she asked as she carried her slowly down the stairs.

“Yep.” She replied simply.

“What do you want for breakfast sweetie?” she asked.

“Um, scrambled egg on toast please.” She said cheerfully.

“You got it.” Sarah replied as they entered the kitchen. As Jenni took a seat at the table, Sarah walked over to the counter and switched the coffee pot on, taking two mugs out of the cupboard before making a start on breakfast.

As she beat the eggs in the bowl, she watched as Jenni’s head shot up from her colouring book at the sound of footsteps.

“Daddy!” she yelled with a beaming smile as he entered the kitchen. “You didn’t go home!”

“No princess, I stayed here.” He replied with a smile, imagining what it would be like to wake up and share breakfast with the two of them everyday.

“Why?” she asked “Was you keeping mommy company cos Seth’s not here?”

“He did sweetie, yeah and because he’d drunk some wine he couldn’t drive so he slept in the spare room.” Sarah replied placing four slices of bread into the toaster.

Smiling at his daughter, Brian walked over to the coffee pot and poured himself a mug of steamy liquid.

“You okay with eggs on toast too?” she asked as she lifted her gaze to him.

“Sounds perfect.” He replied, his hand discreetly brushing over her ass before he moved away and joined Jenni at the table.

Sarah plated them each up some breakfast and sat down between the two of them to eat.

“This really is perfect.” Brian said as he put a fork full of eggs into his mouth.

“It’s good, but I wouldn’t say perfect.” Sarah replied with a smile as she turned her head to meet Brian’s gaze.

“I wasn’t necessarily talking about the breakfast.” He said quietly with a wink, his hand slipping up her leg under the table.

Sarah smiled back at him and then over at her daughter as she slid her hand under the table to rest on top of his.

He was right. This was perfect. Her, him and their daughter sat around having breakfast together. it had been what she had wanted for so long.

But it wouldn’t last. It couldn’t. She was married to Seth and Brian was with Melissa. Brian had given her the chance to have it on a permanent basis before the wedding and she’d pushed him away.

Her smile faded as she thought about what she was loosing out on, realising that no matter how perfect this scene seemed it was far from perfect. She had to savour this moment with him.

With breakfast finished, Jenni disappeared into the living room to watch cartoons as Sarah began to clean up.

“Sarah.” Brian whispered as he stood next to her by the sink.

“Yeah?” she replied glancing up at him briefly.

“Look at me.” when she did he took a deep breath. “What’s going on here? Is this going to be Vegas all over again?”

She looked up at him, staring into his brown eyes, “I hope not, but…”

“But Seth?” Brian sighed.

“And Melissa.” She replied.

“I’ve wanted to be with you for so long Sarah, you know that.” he said quietly.

“Brian, I –“ not knowing what she wanted to say, she leaned up and pressed her lips to his.
He kissed her back, his hands finding her hips pulling her closer to him.

A moan escaped her lips as they pulled back from each other, Brian keeping his hands on her hips as he rested his forehead against hers. “So what now?”

Sarah sighed, “I don’t know, I guess we’ve got stuff to figure out. But I don’t want to give this up, not again. I’ve made that mistake twice already, I’m not going to let it happen a third time.”

Brian pressed his lips against hers again, “I don’t want that to happen neither. But this isn’t going to be easy.”

“I know but-“

“Seth’s home!” Jenni’s voice rang out from the living room.

“Shit.” Sarah muttered as Brian pulled away from her quickly.

“What are we going to say to him?” Brian asked.

“The truth, well part of it.” she said as they heard the front door open and close.

Brian nodded as he heard Jenni and Seth talking briefly. “Hey baby. Hey Brian, wasn’t expecting you to be here.”

“Um, yeah I stayed over last night.” He said, trying to keep his voice even.

“Yeah, we shared some wine and he didn’t want to drive back so I let him stay over.” Sarah said smiling.

“You didn’t mention that when I called earlier.” He replied accusingly.

“Didn’t see the need.” She replied sternly, glaring at him. “And if you’d been here like you were meant to be then there would have been no need for Brian to keep me company would there?”

“Baby, don’t be like that, I’ve said I’m sorry about that and it couldn’t be helped. I’ll make it up to you I promise.” He said taking a step closer to her.

“Um, listen, I better go.” Brian said feeling uncomfortable.

“Okay dude, and um, listen, thanks for keeping Sarah company last night.” Seth said turning to face him.

“No worries dude. It was my pleasure.” He replied with a smile before he turned to leave.

“See you Wednesday?” Sarah called out as she began to follow him.

“Of course, yeah.” He replied as he turned to face her, wanting nothing more than to kiss her again.

“Thanks Brian.” she said reaching up to kiss his cheek. “Last night was amazing.” She added in a whisper.

He nodded in reply, moving away from her quickly before his male instincts took over, and said his good byes to Jenni.