A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Boredom

“No!” I screamed sitting up in bed and out of Pete’s arms.

“Hey, you are all right. I am here. Was it the same dream?” Pete asked as I winced in pain again.

“Yes.” I said.

“Good morning.” A nurse said entering my room as Pete got up from my bed. I looked at her as if she was crazy.

“Let’s let a little light in here.” She said heading over to the blinds of my small window.

“No. That is ok. I prefer the dark and the lights in here to brighten my day.” I said looking at Pete.

“Are you sure?” The nurse asked.

“Yes.” I said feeling a little hungry.

“Well, I came in here to check on you and take your vitals. Breakfast will be served in an hour and the doctor should be in to see you in a couple of hours.” She replied.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“It is after eight am.” She replied looking at her watch.

“When you are done can I get some water from you?” I asked the nurse as I felt as if I had not had anything to drink for days.

“Certainly.” She replied taking my temperature and blood pressure. When she was done she said, “I will also bring in some more pain meds to put in your IV bag.”

“Thanks.” I said faking a smile.

“Your cheeks have a little bit of color back in them again.” Pete said as the nurse left.

“I guess that is a good sign that I am healing.” I replied.

“It is. I know you are healing, remember?” Pete asked as he sat down in the chair beside me.

“Show me.” I demanded.

“What?” Pete asked confused.

“You promised to show me your wound. You said you heal fast but a wound that size…” I said.

“Here.” Pete said taking off his shirt and leaning over my bed.

“Pete, I am so sorry that this happened to you.” I said touching the area above his heart. He was healing fast but a huge scar remained which would probably be gone by later this evening.

Pete grabbed my hand and held it as I traced his scar. “Consider it a battle wound I took for you.” He said laughing.

“That is so not funny. I could have lost you. It looked worse when I found you. I thought I might have lost you if you didn’t get any blood in your system soon.” I said.

“Hey. I am too stubborn to go anywhere.” He replied kissing me.

“Is there any word on Sisky’s whereabouts?” I asked as the nurse came in with my water and more pain medicine.

“No. Patrick and the gang are still sleeping I am sure. Don’t worry they will find him.” Pete said reassuring me.

Breakfast was eventually served and as nasty as it was I ate every bite because I was starving. The doctor came in and told me I was healing nicely and could go home in two days. When he did release me I was to stay off my feet as much as possible which meant no heavy lifting or exercising which translates to training for me when I could go home.

When he left, I just took one huge sigh. “What?” Pete asked worried.

“I am not sleepy nor do I want to sleep.” I replied lying back on the bed and staring at the ceiling.

“Are you afraid to sleep because of the nightmare you are having?” Pete asked concerned.

“Well, yeah but that isn’t it. I am completely bored. I hate hospitals in case I have not stressed that enough. Sleeping seems only logical.” I said.

“Well, let’s see what we can do here. Ah, the nurse left you a lunch menu to circle what you would want to eat later on your table here.” Pete said picking up the menu and the crayon to mark what I want.

“Sounds like fun.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Let’s see here. Well, you can have a Big Mac or Wendy’s Bacon Cheeseburger.” He said joking.

“Ok that is so not funny. Hey, call Patrick.” I said.

“Why so you can bug him about Sisky?” Pete asked.

“No, so he can sneak me in some real food.” I said laughing a bit.

Pete’s phone rang. Technically, Pete wasn’t allowed to have a cell phone in a patients room but I was the exception to the rule according to him. I watched as his call was brief.

“That was Patrick.” Pete said not looking to happy.

“Well?” I asked.

“He said...” He paused.

“Ok, I can’t handle any more suspense in my life today, Peter Wentz.” I said.

“He found Sisky and will be bringing him in when it gets dark.” Pete said smiling at me.

“He really did it?” I asked surprised.

“Yes silly I told you he was good.” Pete said pushing my hair back behind my ear. “There is one more thing.” He added.

“Oh, what is that?” I asked.

“He is sneaking you in some Wendy’s and maybe a frosty if you are a good little patient.” Pete said laughing.

“Thank goodness!” I said kissing Pete.

“There is a catch though.” Pete said.

“Man, I knew this was too good to be true.” I said.

“You must help me pick out what you want for lunch and eat it all to keep up your strength.” Pete said grinning.

“Why me?” I sighed.