A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Sisky Buisness

Night came and I barely ate my dinner that the nurses had brought in. I was not that hungry and I was really waiting on Patrick to give me some good food. Pete was asleep in a chair and I was watching the tv in my room, although I seemed to be thinking about things then really watching. I heard a knock and saw Erelin walk into my room.

“Hey there.” She said.

“Hi.” I said nodding.

“How are you feeling?” She whispered when she saw Pete asleep.

“I’m managing.” I replied.

“We brought you a present.” She smiled.

“I hope it is a Wendy’s bacon cheeseburger and a frosty.” I said laughing and grabbing my side.

“Maybe.” She smiled.

I heard whispering going on outside of my room and then suddenly saw Sisky pushed into the room. I laughed as Erelin went over to wake up Pete. Pete woke up and was not too happy that he had to leave the room while I talked to Sisky. Erelin waved to me as she pulled my door closed.

“So you wanted to see me?” Sisky asked nervously.

“Yes.” I said with my heart starting to beat fast. “Is that a bag in your hand?” I smiled knowing it was my food.

“Oh, yeah.” He laughed handing me my food.

“I was banned from seeing you. If your mother finds out…” Sisky trailed.

“I don’t care about her. Actually I kicked her out last night after what she had tried to do.” I said sitting up slowly to eat my dinner.

“You know about what happened then?” He asked.

“No. Pete told me after I kicked my mother out. Mom was trying to be controlling as she always is. Mom’s heart is in the right place, but I can live my own life. I do not need a guard twenty-four seven nor do I want to come live with her. I do not need her protection and I do not need her telling me who to date or not to date. I am not a child.” I said taking a deep breath.

“I heard you through the phone at her.” He said chuckling.

“I was mad.” I smiled.

“Remind me not to ever cross you again.” He smiled. There again, the Sisky smile makes me want to melt. Get it together girl you just want to thank him for what he has done.

“So why am I here exactly?” He said scratching his head.

“Sit.” I said motioning him to sit in the chair by my bed as I ate.

“I know I was hurt and angry at what you had started. You did start this mess, Sisky.” I began.

“I know and I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you the way I did and I never meant for Pete to get hurt either.” He said with regret in his voice.

“I know. I can see it in your eyes.” I said reading him.

“I am not here though to keep on you about that. What you did, everything, I want to thank you. If you had not been there or known that I was going to try to find Pete on my own, I may have ended up dead. You were there every step of the way. I know you felt like you had to after everything you caused but I appreciate it. I am with Pete again and he is well.” I said taking a bite out of my frosty. It was just too good not to.

“I wanted to help. Can I ask you something?” Sisky asked me.

“Sure.” I replied.

“Why did you order me away? I could have helped you fight off your dad. I was clued in before I got here so that is how I know.” Sisky asked with hurt in his eyes.

“I don’t know. I thought I could end this thing against him myself. I am what he wants. I know what he wants me for and it scares me. I can bring people down if I am turned. Sisky there is something inside of me that wants out, and if I am turned, I will not be me again. Promise me that you will kill me if I am turned.” I said looking at Sisky.

“Look we all won’t…” Sisky said.

“That is not what I asked. Promise me that if Pete or no one can do it, then you will kill me before I hurt anyone.” I said as he took my hand.

“I promise but it won’t happen. Amanda, you have too many good things on your side that you do not even realize. You have your friends, Pete, and a good heart. You showed last night that you were willing to do anything for your friends when you went after Pete to save him. If you were turned and bad then I will do whatever it takes to stop you but just remember, your heart has something to do with it too.” Sisky said squeezing my hand.

“Thank you for taking the heat when my mom saw the bite marks. Erelin saw what happened and told Pete who told me. It is not that I am not grateful but why did you do it? Why didn’t you say it was Pete?” I asked wanting to know.

“I know you love Pete with all your heart. Everyone was already mad at me to begin with so why not take the fall for that too. Besides, it is not as if it wasn’t necessary. Pete needed some sort of blood to survive or he was going to die right there in that room.” Sisky said.

“You don’t like Pete though. It would have been perfect for you to tell the truth to my mother.” I pressed.

“Maybe it is because I care about you more than you think I do and I want what is best for you to be happy. I know Pete makes you happy. I have finally accepted it. That is why I have done all that I have to help you save Pete and to make up for the pain I have caused you.” Sisky said.

“Oh, Sisky.” I said starting to cry.

“Hey, no tears.” He said starting to get up.

“I can’t help it. I cannot roll over to give you a hug.” I said laughing and wincing in pain.

“Oh.” He said getting up and leaning over me to hug him.

“Am I interrupting anything?” Pete asked standing in the doorway of my room.

“No man, I was just leaving.” Sisky said smiling at me before walking out the door.

“Hey, thanks man for what you have done.” Pete said extending his hand out.

“I’d do it again.” Sisky said shaking his hand before leaving.

“Who is ready for a party?” Sam said as I suddenly saw her and the rest of the gang bring balloons and cards into my room pushing past Pete.

“Say goodnight to Amanda, Pete, because you need to rest and drink to keep up your strength.” Brendon said as I looked at everyone decorating my room.

“What?” Pete asked confused.

“Come with me my good man.” Joe said leading Pete out of my room with him giving me a confused look. I just laughed.