A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Mr. Brightside

“It is so nice to meet you. Sisky told me all about you.” Nonnie said shaking my hand.

“He did?” I asked looking at Sisky confused and wondering what all she knows. Does she know about there being vampires? And how did he move on this fast?

“I’m Pete.” Pete said shaking her hand as well.

“I know about you too.” She said smiling.

“Wait, so you know that Sisky is a…”

“He is a vampire.” She finished for me. “He is a good one though.” She added.

“How did you two meet?” Pete asked looking at Sisky.

“I saved her life about a day or two after I saw you in the hospital and we just have talked and hung out ever since.” Sisky replied.

“Sisky not to be rude but we need to go. I don’t like being out here this late with vampires lurking and such.” Nonnie said grabbing Sisky’s hand.

“It was nice to meet you in person.” She added walking away to their car.

“Ok, that was awkward.” I said.

“I don’t think so. I am glad he found someone.” Pete said as we crossed the street.

“Don’t you think it is too soon?” I asked. “I mean she seems awful calm about the whole vampire situation.” I said shaking my head.

“Amanda, will you stop it. I am trying to be patient with you. I know that you love me but whether you want to admit it, you have a fascination with Sisky. You are jealous that he has found someone and is not paying attention to you. You want his attention.” Pete said hurt.

“Maybe I am a little jealous but I am in love with you, not him! I just think that after what he did to get me to love him and I rejected him, it just seems odd that he would move on this fast. That is all I am saying.” I replied as we got to the car.

“Amanda, get over it. Let him be happy with her.” Pete argued.

“I don’t like her.” I said. I admit it. I was jealous. Pete has me pegged but I am not going to admit it to him. I miss hanging around Sisky a bit.

“Nonnie is a nice girl.” Pete replied.

“What if she is working for my father and is getting information about me to send to him. Did you see the way she looked at me?” I asked.

“Amanda, get in the car.” Pete said rolling his eyes.

“No.” I said.

“Amanda, Nonnie is not a spy. You are being paranoid.” Pete said.

“Would you if you had the dreams I have?” I blurted out not thinking. I did not want Pete to know I have been having nightmares every night again when he thought I had gotten rid of them.

“Why didn’t you tell me that your nightmares have come back?” Pete asked.

“They never went away. Every night it is the same dream with maybe something a little off then before. I can’t even paint anymore from all the images I see in my head.” I said as Pete walked around to my side of the car.

“I am sorry.” He said pulling me close to him.

“I am sorry too. Nonnie probably is not bad. It is just in my head. I want Sisky to be happy and I admit I liked having him pay me some attention. You were right Pete, but I do not really have any feelings for him. I love you and only you.” I said gazing in his eyes.

Pete kissed me and then let go of me. “Come on, let’s get home. It’s starting to get eerie out here with all the shops closing.” He replied.

“Pete, look out!” I yelled as I saw two figures sneak up behind Pete.