A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Painting Between The Lines

(Pete’s POV)
I cannot believe Amanda pushed me out of the way and started attacking the vampire that tried to stake me. Granted, I was knocked out by another vampire as they had ambushed us, but I came to and kicked butt. I could not stop Amanda from fighting and running away from the fight. It was as if she was not herself. I saw the fire and intensity in her eyes. It scared me.

I was not able to stop Amanda from going after the one vampire who had managed to bite her but I had figured it out that he had been told to do that by orders of her father. In two days, Amanda could be reunited with her father and I cannot let that happen. I have to be prepared. I love her too much to lose her.

After Amanda had explained everything I made sure that, she had some food in her and that she rested. She felt fine enough to shower but still bruised from the fight. I watched as she climbed into my bed and snuggled close to me.

“Hey, no worries.” She smiled. I knew inside she was just trying to be strong but that she was afraid of what may happen in two days.

“I worry about you every day.” I said kissing her forehead.

“Pete, I love you. I will be fine. I am excited about dress shopping tomorrow.” She said excited.

“Will I be able to see it?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I may make you wait to see it on Jenny and Patrick’s wedding day.” She laughed.

“Well that’s no fun.” I said tickling her but being easy with her bruises.

“I am so sleepy all of a sudden. Are you doing this?” She asked yawning.

“No, babe, I think it is all you.” I replied as she shut her eyelids and quickly fell asleep.

I waited a bit to make sure that Amanda was in a deep sleep. I kissed her lips and then went down to her neck. I began with gentle kisses and then extended my fangs. I bit the wound, opening it back up but just enough to where Amanda would be back under my protection again. Just as I suspected, she was still out cold asleep. Her body was exhausted.

I cleaned and bandaged her neck back up and then rested my head gently on her shoulder. I grabbed her right hand and held it. Then I drifted off to sleep myself.

Without even trying, I managed to get into Amanda’s dreams. There, I saw her nightmare. I was going to do everything in my power to stop Amanda’s father and prevent the one thing I know Amanda is afraid of and that is to become a vampire.

I awoke sometime later after three am as my alarm clock read that faced me. I rolled over to find Amanda was not there sleeping in her spot. Actually, she was not even in my room.
I got up and followed her scent and my tracking of her to the painting room. I walked up to the doorway and peaked in. Amanda was painting like crazy. I leaned my head against the doorway and watched her work her magic.

“I know you are lurking in the doorway.” She said without even turning around behind her.

“How did you know?” I asked.

“I can feel you as you can feel me, remember?” She smiled as I came near her.

“Why aren’t you in bed?” I asked.

“I couldn’t sleep. Here.” She said handing me the now finished portrait that she painted of me that first night that we had made love and the night I thought I had lost her at the club.

“Wow. It’s…” I said amazed and speechless.

“I know you like it.” She grinned. “I went to the attic. I found some pictures of Jenny and
Patrick that I guess they wanted to keep put up. So I thought about giving them a painting of them together as a wedding gift.” She replied showing me.

“Wait, it’s not exactly finished yet.” I said picking up a thin brush and dipping it into some black paint.

“What are you doing? No, Pete, give me that.” She said trying to take the brush out of my hand but I somehow managed to hold her back.

“I think Patrick needs my bat touch.” I laughed drawing my bat symbol carefully on his pocket of his shirt. There. Now it is from both you and me.” I said laughing as I signed my name at the bottom.

“Oh, Pete.” Amanda said rolling her eyes as I let her go. She then grabbed the brush out of my hand and stuck it on my chest, smearing paint on me.

“Oh, now you have done it.” I said laughing and grabbing her. I took the brush and started to smear paint on her pajamas. She then retaliated by taking her fingers into her paint board and smearing them with paint which then she managed to smear off onto my right cheek on my face.

A full out paint war began. It was nice to see Amanda laughing even if she should be resting right now. When we were done, we laid on the floor looking at the mess we had made.

“Shower?” Amanda asked smiling.

“Shower.” I said picking her up and carrying her down to my room. It was a good thing that her paint was washable.