A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Who Says It's Bad Luck?

“Rise and shine sleepyheads!” I heard Jenny yell as she is banging on the bedroom door.

“What time is it?” I mumbled as Pete rolled over to look at the clock.

“It’s nine am.” He mumbled.

“Come on, Amanda, we need to go shopping.” Jenny replied through the door.

“Why don’t you go bug Erelin.” I said rolling back over and snuggling with Pete.

“She is already up and dressed. Everyone else is too. I will buy you breakfast.” She begged.

“She will buy you breakfast.” Pete said mocking her.

“Shut up.” I said laughing and elbowing him in the ribs.

“Hey.” He said laughing as I got up. “Do you have to go?” He asked giving me his puppy dog look.

“Yeah, because knowing her she will only pick the lock to the door.” I said as I opened the door.

“Hey, I heard that.” She said as I let her in.

“Good morning, Pete.” Jenny added.

“Good morning, Jenny. You just take good care of her ok or it will be me you answer to.” Pete said rolling back over in the bed.

“Hey, you get up mister.” I said. “If I have to suffer, then you do too.” I said whacking him with a pillow.

“Please don’t let me suffer.” He said mocking me.

I got back up off the bed and looked at Jenny. “Give me thirty minutes and I shall be ready.” I replied.

“Yay!” She squealed pulling me into a hug.

Jenny left and I kissed Pete on the lips. “You owe me for doing this.” I said laughing before heading to my room.

I grabbed some jeans and a band tee. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and put on my makeup. This was going to be interesting.

“Ok, here is what I want you all to wear.” Jenny said as we pulled into the mall.

“I know that you all are having fun but just remember that my dad’s spies are everywhere. They don’t have to be vampire.” I said warning them and looking out for my safety. The stakes have been raised since the other night and I wanted to be careful.

“Yeah, yeah. We won’t let anything happen, ok? So, I want you guys to wear red. The thing is though that I want you all to wear a different type of dress.” Jenny said finishing what she wanted to say before I interrupted her. It was as if nothing was going to faze her and that the vampires were just going to have to wait because she was going to get married tomorrow night.

We all walked into several stores. I found one that stopped right above my knees. It was spaghetti strapped and looked cute. Pete would definitely want to take me out of it once he sees it and that was the plan but only he could not right away because of the wedding. I wanted to torture him a bit.

Jenny had gone and found her a beautiful wedding dress. It did not have a train because she told us that she wanted something simple but stunning. Her dress did fall to her feet but with heels, she was not tripping over it. She had spaghetti straps on it as well and a pretty, simple bow that wrapped around her waist.

“Don’t you guys love it?” She asked.

“It’s pretty.” Erelin replied.

“I’m hungry.” Chrissy said.

“Me too.” Sam said.

“Let me pay for this and then we will grab some food.” Jenny said beaming. I just wished that I could marry one day and be as happy and carefree as she was.

After we ate, we headed back home. Jenny hid her dress from Patrick because it is bad luck for the groom to see his bride’s dress or her in the dress before the wedding and then they went out to get the license and such. I headed upstairs to my room where I found Pete watching tv with his feet propped up on my bed.

“I want to see.” He said when he saw me walk in.

“No.” I laughed. “You can wait until tomorrow.” I said hanging the dress up in my closet.

“Please?” He begged in my ear once he climbed off the bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and began kissing my neck and the one spot that he knows drives me insane.

“No. Stop that. You know I can’t move when you do that.” I said.

“Only because you enjoy it too much.” He said teasing me.

“It’s bad luck for me to show it to you.” I laughed.

“That is only for the bride and groom.” He said teasing me.

“Please?” He added.

“Fine, but if something happens to me or ruins the wedding tomorrow, I blame you.” I said laughing but inside I was still leery. I know that tomorrow something was going to happen to me and Pete knew it too and there was not going to be anything he could do to stop it.

“I shall take full responsibility.” He said playing around as I smiled at him.

“Go on, then.” I said shooing him.

“What? It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked already.” He said.

“Turn around and let me change or no sneak peak at what I am wearing tomorrow night.” I said.

“Alright, fine.” He said moping and turning his back to me.

I quickly changed into the dress and then tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around and his mouth fell open. I could tell he was definitely thinking naughty thoughts and it made me smile.

“No. No touching.” I said smiling an evil grin.

“But that’s not fair. I want to just help you take it off.” He said sad.

“Tomorrow. You got to see the dress so stop pouting and trying to grab me.” I said pulling away.

“Women only like to torture us guys.” Pete sighed.

“That’s right, I just torture you so.” I said laughing as I changed.

“Hey, Brendon wants to know if you want to go out slaying tonight.” Erelin said knocking first and then walking in my room when I said it was ok.

“Sure.” I said.

“No. You are staying here after last night.” Pete said.

“Pete, my father won’t try anything tonight, remember?” I said trying to hint at two days, which is tomorrow night.

“I don’t like it.” Pete said.

“That’s why I have my handsome, gorgeous, and sexy boyfriend by my side.” I said playing with his hair above his neck.

“Pete?” Erelin asked.

“Sure. What could go wrong, right?” He said sarcastically.