A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Destiny Is Calling Me

(Pete's POV)
"Pete what did you do to her?" Brendon said throwing me the blood packets and a bag packed with some clothes for me and Amanda I had told him to bring me earlier.

"I didn't do anything. She is messed up right now. I knew this was a bad idea. I didn't want to turn her." I said as Brendon kneeled to the floor of where Amanda had fallen to. "Maybe you can get through to her. I know she is in there, Brendon. I saw it in her eyes shortly before you came." I replied.

"She sure gave you a nasty cut under your eye." Brendon said laughing.

"It will heal." I said.

"Amanda, it is me Brendon. Do you remember me? Do you remember anything?" He asked. Amanda just stared at him. I watched as he helped her up and brought her back into the apartment as I closed the door.

"Well, it is a start. She let me pick her up and help her back in here." Brendon said amazed.

Amanda was sitting on the couch next to Brendon. I picked up the chair that Amanda was tied to and pulled it close, sitting down on it. I was about to say something but I was stopped as Amanda suddenly closed her eyes and placed her hands on her head.

"Make it stop. Make the images stop." Amanda said. I reached over and grabbed her hands. I thought that she would fight me or pull away but she did not. Instead, she opened her eyes and looked straight into mine.

"What images are you seeing?" I asked holding her hands.

"I know you. I know you too." She said first looking at me, then at Brendon. "We killed my father." She said.

"Yes." I said.

"Pete, I remember now. It is all coming back to me slowly in flashes." Amanda said smiling now and her eyes back to normal.

"Amanda, I'm sorry." I said. It pained me to see her have to go through all of this.

"It's ok. I wanted this. I wanted to be with you. If only I can get these images out of my head." She said baring her fangs.

"Uh, Amanda, you might want to watch it." Brendon said.

"I'm hungry." She said not realizing her vampire qualities are starting to come through.

"Here." I said tossing her the blood packets.

"Eww. I can't drink this." She said tossing it back.

"Amanda, you have to, remember?" I said tossing it back. "Trust me, I have been where you have been before and it is weird but you have to start drinking this so that you don't hurt any human." I explained.

"I almost forgot that this is who I am now." She said tearing open the packet. "Here goes nothing." She said drinking from the packet.

When she was done she got up and ran into the bathroom to rinse her mouth. Then she came back and looked excited. "What is it?" I asked.

"Look!" She said excitedly.

I watched as she slid her fangs out and then back in. I just looked at Brendon and we rolled our eyes.

"Ameteur." We replied.

"Hey, I can't help it I am a new vampire. It is your job to help teach me things." She said sounding like her old self again.

"True. I have alot to teach you." I said.

"I bet I have amazing super strength." She said.

"That you do and I want to test out. It was one thing you were so worried about and what your father wanted you for." I said. "You are going to need training." I said.

"The others will be so glad that Amanda is ok." Brendon said.

"No!" Amanda and I both said then looked at each other shocked.

"Whoa, what's wrong? Do you know that Erelin is worried sick as is everyone else about you two? It was hard enough getting away Pete to drop off your supplies." He said.

"You weren't followed were you?" I asked.

"No and I have a good excuse to tell everyone if they wonder where I went at a time like this." Brendon replied.

"You can't tell anyone I am alive. Brendon this is very important. I left them a note and hid it in the cabinet where the cups are kept. Make sure everyone reads it. It is my goodbye note." Amanda said.

"I don't understand. Right now they think you both died in the fire at the club. Only I knew from Pete what his plans were. How can you let them think you are dead?" Brendon asked hurt.

"It is complicated but it is for their protection, Brendon. These images I see are horrible. When my father bit me, I learned everything about how he was turned and all about the mysterious vampire who started this war. He must think I am dead. I have to protect everyone. I am the one who can stop him." Amanda said. "I see destruction and death and I can't get it out of my head. I cannot rest until he is dead." Amanda replied.

"I see." Brendon said. "You have alot to teach her." Brendon sighed.

"I know and I am going to help her. I love her." I said. "I knew about all this from her dreams and mine. I tried to keep you safe, Amanda the best I could. I didn't want this but this is your destiny." I said as Amanda sat on my lap.

"I understand everything now. Take care of Erelin, Brendon. Cherish everyday with her because when I kill the stranger, all of us will cease to exist." Amanda said and she was right.

"You know I am going to miss you both. Pete, you are my best friend, and you, Amanda, I am going to miss alot as well. Who is going to keep me out of trouble and give me advice on Erelin?" He asked dejected.

"You will know what to do." She said getting up and hugging Brendon. "Promise you will never tell." She said.

"I promise although it is going to be hard to look Erelin and everyone else in the eyes and lie." He said.

"You better get back before they worry even more." I said.

"How much longer are you going to be in the city?" He asked.

"Just a week. It is just long enough to show her the ropes and train, then we are out to find the stranger." I said.

We hugged Brendon and watched him leave. I looked at Amanda and smiled. I was glad she came back to me.

"How do you know what I am destined for?" She asked.

"I saw everything when I turned you." I said. "We have alot of work cut out for us." I said.