A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

I Don't Need This Right Now

As Erelin drove to her house I explained everything that has happened to me since the time I dropped her off last night. Erelin just sat in shock once we pulled into her driveway. I left out the part about Brendon and Pete being vampires. I wanted Pete to explain that one but she now knew about my dad and how she should move in with Sam and me at Pete’s place.

“Your dad is a vampire and we never knew. I am so sorry, Amanda. This explains the craziness that has slowly been taking over our city and the missing people that are on the news.” Erelin said.

“I know.” I said playing with the necklace Pete gave me.

“Where did you get that?” She asked.

“Pete gave it to me this morning.” I said.

“I like it. Do you like him?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t really know. I know he kidnapped me and all but it was to protect me. We actually kissed and let’s just say wow!” I said smiling.

“Aww he makes you smile. You haven’t been that crazy about a boy in a long time.” She said.
“But there is one problem.” I said.

“What’s that?” Erelin asked.

“Promise not to tell Pete?” I asked.

“You know me, I keep my promises.” She said leaning back in her seat.

“One of your attackers was Colin. He was the one I went after. I recognized his voice.” I said.

“Why would he attack me to get to you?” Erelin asked confused.

“I don’t know but he grabbed me and kissed me and took off and Pete saw.” I said. “I couldn’t explain something that I didn’t understand myself. That was why there was an awkward silence between us two just now. But he wants to kidnap me as well I suppose. I just don’t understand it. And why use my friends to get to me? He knew where I lived.” I said confused.

“I won’t say anything to Pete. What do you think about his friend though, Brendon.” She said smiling.

“I know he likes you and he turned red when Sam and I teased him about you.” I said.

“Really?” She asked. “Well. He asked me out on a date for tomorrow.” Erelin said all happy.

“I am so happy for you.” I said. “You need to find someone better after the way Ryan treated you.” I said knowing Brendon was a good guy.

“Have you read him? I mean you know he is ok? I love his smile and his eyes and well actually the whole package.” She said laughing.

“Yes, silly, he is good. I told you not to date Ryan and you never listened to me.” I said laughing.

“Well you should have seen that Colin was a cheater.” She fired back.

“I know I was totally off on that one.” I said.

I saw Pete and Brendon approach our doors and Erelin let them in the car. Pete just smiled at me and I tried to smile back. I was just worried. I think Pete could sense that.

“Pete I told her everything except about you and Brendon you know and how we can get her dad to be safe.” I replied.

“Oh.” He said.

“Pete, Let me. Trade me places, Amanda?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said getting out and moving to the back beside Pete.

“What is he doing?” I whispered to Pete.

“I think he is going to explain things the way I did to you by showing her.” Pete whispered back.

“Erelin, I know we just met and all but I need to ask you one question for this to work.” Brendon said.

“Uh, ok. What’s the question?” She asked.

“Do you trust me?” He asked.

“Yeah, I guess if Amanda does.” She said looking back at me. I nodded to her that I did.

“Erelin, Pete and I are vampires.” He began to say.

“What!” She said trying to get out of the car.

“Listen to him, Erelin. He won’t hurt you.” I said with her sliding back down in her seat kind of afraid.

“Pete and I are good vampires. We have souls. Now, will you trust me?” He asked her again.

“What the hell? You’ll bite me anyway, right?” She said looking at me again.

“No. I could never bite you.” He said. “Please hold out your hands and close your eyes.” Brendon said calmly.

Erelin did what Brendon asked and he showed her all his memories. She saw all about my dad and how he became a vampire. When he was done she started to cry and she fell into Brendon’s arms happy that he was good and there to protect people.

I sort of leaned over into Pete and became sleepy. I wanted to stay in the car but I knew I couldn’t. Pete explained to Erelin that he would make her dad leave this city to be safe. And he did put the idea into her dad’s head after he came down from his bedroom after Erelin woke him up. We all stood in her kitchen while she and Sam went upstairs to pack her things. Her dad began to pack bags too.

After they hugged goodbye and she knew her dad would be safe we loaded up the cars and headed back to the boys’ place. Everyone came to greet Erelin much like they did me and I took off upstairs in a hurry shutting my door. I was tired but I knew I had to leave. My bags were already packed from earlier.

I decided that if I left town then Sam and Erelin would be safe away from me. Colin or my dad couldn’t hurt them because they would be left in good hands. And maybe my dad wouldn’t be able to find me if I disappeared.

Sam walked into my room with Joe behind. “You aren’t leaving us are you?” She asked surprised.

“Yes. Look if I leave then you will be safe from my dad and Colin.” I replied.

Sam whispered something into Joe’s ear and then took off. Unbeknownst to me she told him to go grab Pete who came up and stood behind the door listening in.

“What do you mean, Colin?” Sam asked.

“Colin was one of Erelin’s attackers. I recognized his voice and then I took off after him. He disappeared on me only to grab me and kiss me. He told me soon I would see why he wanted me. I think he took off when he heard and saw Pete. Sam, I cant be a risk to you. I only can get you in danger. And I can’t even figure out why he would do this.” I said confused.

“He wasn’t a vampire?” She asked.

“No. He was wearing a ski mask. Vampires wouldn’t do that.” I said.

“Oh.” She said. “And so you think that running away will help you figure things out?” She asked upset.

“Look, I don’t want anything to happen to you guys because of me. My dad wants to turn me into a vampire and Colin wants me for some reason and he is using you guys obviously to get to me. If I leave I can hide away from my dad where he can’t find me.” I said. “And Colin too.” I added.

Then I saw Pete walk in. I realized then that he had heard every word. Sam had told Joe to come get him to talk some sense into me.

“I will leave you two alone.” She said.

“Amanda, don’t go. We can protect you.” Pete said.

“I need to go far away. I can’t stay here, Pete. My dad will find me or Colin will. I have no clue as to what he wants but I don’t want my dad to hurt any of you because of me. It’s better if I go.” I said grabbing my bags.

“So that’s it. You are just going to run away from your problems. Sam and Erelin need you. I need you.” He said.

“Here, Pete.” I said taking off my necklace and placing it in his hand.

“Keep it.” He said.

“I don’t need it anymore.” I said turning to walk out the door.