A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Here We Are Face To Face

“Mom, you don’t want to do this. I have friends and they will avenge me. They will hunt you down.” I said with nowhere to run.

“Who said I wanted to kill you?” She laughed.

“Ok, if you turn me they will kill me and you lose. I refuse to be turned and I will fight with every last breath in me.” I said with my arms up in a fighting stance.

“Relax. I am not going to kill or turn my own daughter.” She snickered.

“Then what do you want with me?” I asked as she kept inching closer to me.

“I want revenge on your father. He wants you. My men are loyal to me. I have bitten each one of them that you see. Some of them I turned and they are good. There is a war brewing. There are many good vampires and then you have the bad. Each of us who are good has come from your father and the drifter that came to town that started this mess. We all want revenge and to be free. We accept our fate that we should be dead and want to see justice. It is knowledge that if this drifter is killed, we can all rest in peace.” My mother said flipping over the cot and forcing me to sit down.

“I have been watching you recently. You hang with a vampire. I am not proud of that. Your father has spies everywhere and so do I. Some of my men play both sides so that they can report to me. Your vampire friend was killed by your dad, no?” Mom said playing with my hair. I had to admit it was a little creepy.

“Pete is his name. He is good and would not hurt me.” I replied.

“He wanted to use you as bait to stop your father.” My mother replied.

“That is not fair. Pete did but he did not know me. He thought I was a vampire at first, and when he saw I was not turned, he wanted to save me from dad. We bonded and we fell in love.” I said hoping I did not piss her off by saying that.

Pete does love me, right? I mean we have not spoken the words to each other but I feel it. Does he?

“Ha! That is absurd. A vampire cannot be in love with a human.” My mother said interrupting me from my thoughts.

“Amanda he is trouble.” She added.

“You don’t know Pete or his friends. One of his friends was turned along with Pete and he is good too. They want to protect people like me, not keep us prisoner like you are doing to me.” I said coldly. My mother knocked me off the cot with her strength and I landed on the cold floor.

“You will not talk to me that way. I am your mother. I am simply keeping you alive.” She said picking me up off the floor and pushing me into the wall hurting me.

“If this is how my mother wants to treat her daughter, then my mother died in that crash!” I said trying to breathe and scared as I saw the anger in her eyes.

Something got through to her, however and she let go of me. I grabbed my neck where she had lifted me up against the wall and held it almost choking it. I gasped for air.

“I am sorry. I did not want us to meet this way. You do not know what happened to me or how I became this way. I wanted to get a hold of you sooner but your father kept me from you. He had his ways.” Mom said with sadness in her eyes and I could tell she was sincere. I was reading her face like a book.

“I am just glad that he wasn’t able to turn you, yet. He loved you. You were daddy’s little girl according to him. When he became a vampire, he wanted his family to be like him. He started to go crazy at first. The stranger that came into town bit him slowly making him like a slave and showing him how to persuade people to join him. Then he turned your father and left making your father the leader of the vampires in this town. He has been bent on turning everyone in the city ever since.” Mom sighed.

“I didn’t want that for you. My sources saw what happened at the club your friend took you to last night and then we lost track of you. When they spotted you today I told them to make their move and bring you here.” She said stepping back closer to me.

“So was this whole accident thing planned out when you saw me?” I asked a little pissed.

“Accident? What accident?” Mom asked confused.

“When I stepped out of the building where Pete and I were staying for the night, I went to use the pay phone to call my friend Erelin.” I said.

“Is she one of us too?” Mom asked.

“No, but she is seeing Brendon, Pete’s friend.” I said giving her a warning look.

“I am not saying a word right now. Tell me more about this accident.” Mom pressed.

“Well, I had to hang up on her because a car accident happened in front of me and all I saw all around me were people, cops, etc…who may work for my dad so I bolted leaving Pete alone in our hiding place. Then your guys grabbed me and poisoned me as I like to call it and so I thought it was my father who kidnapped me.” I said explaining things.

“It sounds like something he may have set up to lure you out of hiding since you escaped the club last night.” Mom said. “I am just glad we got to you first.” She added.

I was starting to feel a little at ease with my mother but still on guard. I still felt that she could turn on me at any moment and it was because of the whole situation. If we find the stranger that started this mess and kill him then the vampires will be no more according to what mom said. If that were the case then I would lose Pete. I did not want that to happen.

“Amanda, may I hug you? It has been so long since I have been able to talk to you.” Mom said.

“I guess so.” I said as we started to hug. It sort of felt nice just to be in her arms again.

“We have a security breach, ma’am.” One of the guards said.

“Shit! Who is it? Track them down!” Mom said pushing me away from her and running out of the cell, locking me back in.

“No!” I yelled running to the cell door. “You can’t keep me in here!” I screamed.

“It’s for your protection!” I heard my mom yell down the hall.

I sat down on the cot and worried. Did my dad find me after all? Was he going to kill my mom again? Wait! Maybe it was Pete. No, they cannot hurt him.

I got up and ran to the door, hearing voices. I heard mom talking and what sounded like Pete’s voice. It also sounded like he was caught and trying to break free.

“Pete!” I said when I saw them coming down the hall.

“Don’t hurt him!” I yelled as I saw them knock him to the ground then make him get back up.

“So this is your Pete?” My mom said unlocking the cage and shoving Pete into the cell with me.

Pete flashed his fangs and tried to run out attacking but the cell door slammed and locked again before he could get out. “Pete, don’t!” I said not wanting him to get hurt again.

“I will deal with you two later.” My mom said walking away and leaving us alone.

“Are you alright?” Pete said grabbing me and checking me out.

“Relax, Pete, I am fine. It is you that I am worried about.” I said pulling him close and seeing his busted lip.

“Who are these vampires?” Pete asked. “And what do they want with you?” He added as I helped him to the cot. He looked bruised up pretty bad.

“The leader is…how do I put this, Pete? The leader is my mother.” I said calmly.

“What?” He said wincing in pain as he tried to turn towards me more.

“Take it easy. I do not think she will hurt me. She says she is good and I believe her.” I said.

“How can you trust a vampire?” Pete asked.

“I trusted you, didn’t I?” I asked.

“Yes, but that is different.” He replied.

“It is no different. I read you and I saw you were good. The same goes for her. Mom’s intentions are good, just a little overprotective right now.” I said drawing Pete close. “I still have much to learn about her.” I said sighing.

Pete and I were about to kiss when he realized he did not come here alone. “Crap! Patrick, Brendon, and Erelin are still outside. If I didn’t come back out with you they were busting in.” Pete said frantically.

About that time, Patrick and Brendon came down the hall with guards containing them. Patrick looked unhurt but Brendon looked like he tried to put up a good fight. What a rescue.

The guards placed them into the cell where I helped Brendon to the cot and sat him next to Pete. “Friends of yours?” Brendon tried to joke.

“Honestly, Amanda, any more surprises for the night?” My mother asked shaking her head and walking away.

“Where’s Erelin?” Pete asked.

“Well, she should have left to get the Calgary if we didn’t come back to rescue you two.” Brendon said.

“Yeah, Jenny could get us out of here I bet.” Patrick said sighing, disappointed in himself.

“Well, I am glad she got away.” I said sighing a huge sigh of relief.

“Well, I guess I spoke to soon.” I said laughing as I heard Erelin yelling down the hall.

“Let me go you thug!” I heard her yell.

“My boyfriend is so going to kick your ass!” She said as they approached the door to the cell.

“What was that about your boyfriend?” A guard snickered throwing her into the cell.

“Oh.” Erelin said a little disappointed seeing us all in the cell with her.

“What the hell? You were supposed to go get help. You do not walk into a vampire-infested place all by your lonesome. Are you stupid? Now who is going to come rescue us?” Brendon said pissed.

“Wow! Chill out.” I said making sure Erelin was all right.

“Can’t I not try to save my boyfriend?” Erelin asked.

“Did you just call me your boyfriend?” Brendon asked.

“Oh, no here it comes, more sappiness.” Pete said. “If they don’t kill us, then that will.” He said picking on Erelin and Brendon.

“Oh, Pete.” I said sighing and kissing him.