A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

The Truth Hurts Worse

(Pete’s POV)
“No, you are lying!” She said. “My dad can’t be a vampire! No, I won’t believe it.” Amanda said staring at me in total shock. Then she started to hit me and said, “You’re not lying. You’re eyes tell me. But how? I would know he was a vampire, wouldn’t I?”

I just grabbed her fists and held her, letting her cry. I wanted so much to take away what was most important to Amanda’s dad that now I can’t. There was something going on here for Amanda to not know her dad was a vampire. Maybe he had a plan for her as well and if that was the case then my revenge might still work. If I can save Amanda from her dad then that would be sweet revenge against him.

“Amanda, there is a lot going on that I know is confusing for you.” I said wiping her cheek. I hated to see her upset now. I just wanted to kidnap her and use her against her dad but I didn’t know she didn’t know what he was.

“My whole life has just changed again. I guess now I know why we don’t get along very well.” Amanda said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you. I’m just worried.” She said sitting back away from me.

“Why has your life changed again?” I asked seeing pain and hurt in her eyes.
“I will tell you everything you want to know. Just tell me how you met my father and how he turned you. I need to know. I want to know. Because maybe you can help me figure out if my mother is a vampire too.” She said leveling with me.

I scooted up closer on the bed to where she was. I looked her in her beautiful, sad eyes. I wish now, she never knew. Maybe it would be easier for her to take in if I hadn’t kidnapped her. But then her dad might have turned her if I didn’t step in soon.

“You think your mom is a vampire?” I asked her.

“See, I don’t know. Let me start from the beginning.” Amanda started to say grabbing a pillow off my bed and clutching it. I guess that was a comfort thing for her to do.

“My mom died last year. I was taking some night classes and I got a phone call from my dad. He said everything would be alright and that he and my mom were in an accident. I asked him if mom was ok and he said no. She was dead. I was like how can everything be alright? He seemed so calm about everything. All my family came for the funeral and they had a closed casket and she was buried at night. Pete, this all makes sense to me now whereas then, I didn’t know. What if she is roaming around? What if he turned her? Am I next? I am aren’t I?” She said starting to hyperventilate.

“Amanda, breathe. I’m right here.” I said grabbing her hand. “Try to finish what you want to tell me and breathe.” I said hoping to make her calm.

“Anyway, I spent more time at Erelin and Sam’s because I was and felt alone at the house. Trudy, our housekeeper came in during the day to clean the mansion up and sometimes fix me supper if I hadn’t done so myself. Dad came home late at night and always locked himself in his bedroom or his office downstairs. I rarely have seen him since mom died. He would call me on my cell while in the house to ask how I was doing or to see if I needed money for college. Our conversations were always brief. I would always ask him where were our family nights. I told him I missed going to the movies or watching football on tv with him. There are even nights when he doesn’t come home at all and I assumed he was at his mayor’s office working late or over. But instead I find he is out killing people?” She said looking at me for answers.

“Well, your dad is the mayor and trying to run this city for people who haven’t been turned yet, but he is also working for whoever turned him and is trying to turn this city into a vampireville. I mean look at the cops. That is why I couldn’t risk you calling them. They work for your dad. He has his spies everywhere and I bet you have been watched this whole time.” I said not really helping her to calm down.

“Then why leave me? Why haven’t I been turned yet? Which don’t get me wrong; I’m glad I haven’t been.” Amanda said getting off the bed and leaning against my dresser.

“I don’t know. Truth is I thought you knew about your dad. I have been spying on you to find info out on you and your dad. I want revenge against him for what he has done to me, and I was going to use you to get to him but now…” I said.

“But now, what?” She asked.

“Now everything is different. Now, I know you.” I said getting up and standing in front of her. I felt the need to help her find out if her dad turned her mother and to protect her from her dad. I suddenly felt the urge to want to kiss her but that was crazy. Wasn’t it?

“So tell me, Pete. Tell me how my dad turned you and Brendon. And don’t hold back on my account. Trust me; nothing can shock me anymore after learning about vampires in my city tonight.” She said.

“How about I just show you what happened.” I said taking her right hand.