A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Don't Go Breaking My Heart

(Pete's POV)
Not a word did Amanda speak to me on our way home. I could not bring myself to look at her the whole car ride home. I kept hearing Anne’s words in my head. I do not want to ever, have to hurt Amanda, but I love her so much. Why, just because I am a vampire now, am I not allowed to have happiness in my life? I mean, Amanda has changed me and made me a better person. I feel again. I love again.

I saw Amanda fly upstairs once everyone made it back inside the mansion. I saw Erelin about to go after her but she stopped and turned when she noticed I was coming right behind her. She just nodded at me and patted me on the back.

“You can go talk to her first. I can tell that something is bothering the both of you. I can see Amanda first thing tomorrow.” Erelin said walking halfway back down the stairs.

“Thanks.” I said turning back around and heading up towards her room.
When I got there, I politely knocked but heard no answer. Did she not want to see me? Did I do something to upset her?

I went to walk away but I decided not to. I checked the knob of her door to see if Amanda had locked it, and found that she left it unlocked. I quietly slipped in and heard the shower running. I saw her cami and shorts lay out on the bed and moved them over to sit on the end of her bed. When Amanda finally came out of the bathroom, I looked up to see her wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her with a knot tied at the top of it. She looked just as beautiful as I saw her last night.

“Pete, what are you doing in here?” Amanda asked.

“You left your door unlocked. I didn’t realize you came up here to shower.” I said a little nervous that something just was not right about us, tonight.

“Oh.” She said walking over to the bed to grab her pjs.

I grabbed her arm slightly, which made her turn and look at me. Her eyes told me that she was hurt and worried about something. When, I did not say anything, she broke loose of my hand on her arm and reached for her pjs.

This time as she went to walk away, I grabbed her arm again and pulled her close to me as I got up. “Are we ok?” I asked knowing there was tension surrounding us.

“Why do you ask?” She replied a little uneasy.

“Did anyone ever tell you how sexy you look, wearing nothing but a towel?” I asked hoping to break the ice and make her smile.

“Pete.” She said.

I pulled her closer to me and began to kiss her neck. She was stunning and making me want her right now. If I wanted to I could bite her but I can’t.

“No. I can’t let you do this.” She said trying to break free from me but enjoying every kiss I was giving her and where.

“If you can’t let me do this, then why are you enjoying it so much?” I whispered in her ear.

“I don’t know. Maybe because you have a hold over me I cannot control?” She let out. Then there was a pause.

“What did you come in here for, Pete? Did you come here to get what you wanted then break it off with me?” Amanda finally let out pulling away from me.

“What? No. What are you talking about?” I asked confused.

“I understand about last night. We both were caught up in a moment. We thought we might not have made it out last night away from my Dad’s goons. I was stupid to think…nevermind it was a mistake. I just want you to know I do love you. I meant what I said earlier tonight at the jail. I cannot turn my feelings off for you, Pete. You are so addicting anymore. I need you like a drug.” Amanda said.

“Wait, hold up. You think what we did last night was a mistake?” I said. Was I hearing things correctly?

“Don’t you?” She asked.

“No. Not for one second do I think us having sex was a mistake. I had sex with you because I love you. Do you know how scared I was when I woke up to find you not there? I knew that you had gone to use the phone outside but you never came back. I could not leave the apartment, and I was frantic until Erelin and Brendon showed up. I tried to call for you but you were unconscious which made me even more scared for you because I was powerless to do anything.” I said grabbing her arms.

“Amanda, I felt as if half of me had died. Don’t you see that without you, I am nothing? You have made me who you see now. I cannot lose you. I will not lose you and I do not even want to try. As you said, you are like a drug and I am addicted to you. I love you and if I have to, I shall shout it out to the world. Please, don’t do this to me.” I said pleading with her to stop thinking that I do not love her.

“Then if you love me, why didn’t you speak to me in the van? You wouldn’t even look at me when I glanced at you.” Amanda said stepping back away from me, and moving to the bed.

“I was unsure what to say and you looked lost and confused about everything. You looked like you were still trying to process everything that happened to you today and I mean finding out your mother is alive is a big thing to take in.” I said taking her right hand and kneeling in front of her as she sat on the bed.

“So you think I am sexy, huh?” She asked after a brief moment of silence.

“Yes, I do.” I said grinning hoping she was ok.

She pulled me on top of her as she lay back on the bed. Amanda then kissed me tracing her tongue along my lips. I smiled as I looked in her eyes, which were so blue.

“So, do you want to do this right? Because the way I see it, we were on the run last night and my mother, of all things, abducted me today. That is not a way to celebrate us being together.” Amanda said.

“What do you have in mind?” I said with my mind racing with a million things I could do to celebrate.

“Oh, I think you know.” She grinned mischievously as I quickly got up to lock Amanda’s bedroom door.