A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

As I Try To Find My Place

(Pete’s POV)
After our amazing session, Amanda curled up close to me with her head on my shoulder, and her hand over where my heart would be. I pulled the covers up over us wrapping them around her as if to tuck Amanda in closer to me. I loved feeling our bodies close to one another.

“So was that a mistake?” I asked Amanda hoping she had banished any thoughts from her mind that I did not love her and just wanted her for sex.

“No. It was perfect.” She said starting to feel tired and sleepy. She had a long day today.

“Good, because I want you to know I am here for the long haul. You cannot get rid of me. I love you and, that is the way, my heart will always feel.” I said kissing her forehead.
We sat in silence for a few minutes. I thought Amanda might have drifted off to sleep. I thought about what Amanda’s mom had said to me.

I love Amanda. I don’t want to see her hurt that I may eventually die but isn’t it a risk I take everyday when I fight the good fight? What difference does it make between now and if we kill the head vampire?

“Pete, I need to tell you something. It is something that has been on my mind since we left where my mother is hiding out. I want you to hear me out though before you say whatever you have to say about what I am about to tell you.” Amanda said rising up a bit to look at me.

“Ok, what is it?” I asked her.

“I heard some things. When we were ushered out and my mom wanted to talk to you again, I waited as patiently as I could but I was ready to go home. Before I said “Ahem” to get you two to know that us, the gang was ready to go, I heard something I did not like. This whole time from the car ride home, it has bothered me. I thought at first maybe it was because of what she said you did not want to speak to me and that last night was a mistake. I have had all these thoughts running through my head.” She explained.

“Wait, you overheard your mother telling me not to get too attached to you? How much more did you hear?” I asked now knowing that what has bothered me bothered Amanda too.

“Yes. I went to get you and I overheard as I was at the side of the door where you two could not see me. I heard her tell you not to get too attached to me. She did not want me to lose another person that I love and cared about. I heard her say that if you find the one who started this mess and kill him then you will die. Pete is this true and were you silent because you were thinking about this? Was I right earlier and you played it off, to calm me down? Do you want to break whatever it is we are, off?” She asked, with her eyes so full of emotion, it was killing me.

“Your mother does not want us together. That is a given. She tried to tell me to stay away from you the first time you interrupted our conversation when you had Jenny with you. Yes, I have been thinking about it. I do not want to hurt you. My fear is that you knowing I will eventually die would crush you. But, I could die tomorrow with a stake through my heart.” I said.

“Don’t say that!” She said holding on to me tighter.

“It is true. You and I both know that just because I am a vampire and have super strength and whatnot I can die too. We have ways of dying even though vampires can live forever. I do not want to put you through any pain of losing me. However, I am too close to you now, to not be with you. I want to be honest with you that this may happen one day.” I said.

“I know you could die, Pete, the same as I could. I just hope it never happens.” She said.

“It will if we find the one who started this madness.” I said.

“I know but this shouldn’t stop us from being together. I will have to deal with being hurt from losing you, when the time comes. Right now, I choose for it to not happen and just live each day together.” She said sitting up again to face me.

“I was thinking in the car what to say to you and I whispered how I was feeling to Brendon in the van. I wanted to tell you, I just did not know how, but seeing as you already overheard your mother’s conversation with me, it is already out in the open.

No, I do not regret last night. It was amazing, the same as tonight. Amanda, you have taught me how to love again. That is something I thought I closed my heart off to, long ago. Just ask Brendon. He can tell you how a miserable third wheel I felt to him sometimes.” I said chuckling.

“I am not her, your ex.” Amanda said smiling at the Brendon comment but talking in seriousness.

“No, you are nothing like her. You are kind, have a good heart, someone who put up with my crap, funny, brave, and stubborn at times when you don’t listen to me.” I said laughing.

“Hey!” She said whacking me with a pillow.

“It’s true. How many times have I told you not to do something and you do it and we end up in trouble?” I asked.

“I can’t help it.” She said laughing.

“Look, I love you. You have my heart. I am not listening to what your mother has to say, nor should you. I would die if I ever lost you out of my life. I am here to protect you and love you. I am not here to break things off. I do not think I could stand doing that knowing you live here. I would always want to touch you, see you, and such. To see you and not be able to talk or kiss, yeah that would be bad.” I replied.

“You would just use your vampire ways one way or another. You would summon me to your room and such, knowing I would be there in a heartbeat.” She said rolling her eyes.

“That is not funny. I would never…” I said.

“Hey, I was joking, but it is true. I do lose control when it comes to you. All you have to do is ask and I will do it.” Amanda said.

“That is what scares me. What if I lose control and want to bite you? It is already hard on me to try to control that urge when I am around you.” I said worried.

“You worry too much. I trust you and you know how I don’t want to become a vampire for any reason.” She replied pushing my bangs back.
I pulled Amanda close to me and kissed her. Then, she lay back down and snuggled up close to me again. I smiled.

“So, Pete, what exactly are we?” Amanda asked me unexpectedly.

“Uh, you are a human and I am a vampire?” I replied.

“No, silly. I know that and for the record, you are not a vampire to me. Vampires have no feelings such as my dad. You do. Therefore, I consider you a human with special abilities.” She said laughing.

“You left out the part that I have fangs and want to drink blood, oh and I don’t know, have no heart.” I said ruining her fun just to see her pout. She makes the cutest pout.

“You Peter Wentz are no fun!” She said pouting as I thought she would. “But you do have a heart; otherwise you would be a monster like my dad.” She added.

“That is true. It just doesn’t beat like yours.” I said turning over and placing my hand over hers.

“So, I am going to ask again. What are we?” She asked. She is always so persistent when she makes her mind up about something.

“We are together.” I said not giving her the answer that she wants to drive her crazy.

“I told a vampire friend that you were my boyfriend today.” She said.

“A vampire friend?” I asked.

“Yes, it was one of the guards and his name is Adam Siska but everyone calls him Sisky. He was the only guard who talked to me.” Amanda said.

“He only talked to you because he wants you.” I replied jokingly.

“Pete! That is not funny and no, he does not. He is really nice and looking for his friend William.” She said.

“I see. Well, in answer to your question, then yes, I guess I am your boyfriend since you have already claimed me to be.” I said laughing.

“That’s it, mister!” She said getting up and grabbing her pjs from the floor and heading to the bathroom to change.

“Baby, wait!” I said getting up after her to see the bathroom door slam in my face and hear it lock.

A few minutes later, she returned wearing her pjs and teasing me. “That is what you get.” She said grinning.

“But I loved the view before. This is just torture.” I said pulling her right cami strap down and trying to kiss her. She was trying not to enjoy it but I caught her smiling.

“If you don’t watch it I shall kick you out of here.” She grinned.

“You can try.” I said grinning wickedly.

“I shall call Brendon. He will come escort you out.” She said.

“I locked the door. He can’t get in.” I said.

Then I picked Amanda up and carried her to the bed, which she was fighting me as I carried her. I then took a hold of her and tickled her. She was laughing so hard.

“Pete, stop. I can’t breathe!” She said laughing.

“I think you should try to sleep now.” I said crawling back in to my side of the bed.

“I can’t sleep now. I am too wound up. Do you want to do it again?” Amanda asked taking me off guard by her comment.

“Oh, dear, I have turned you into a sex fiend, have I?” I asked grinning.

“Maybe, I just love you so much.” She replied.

“Well, since you teased me by putting your pjs on, the answer is no. I do not want to have sex again right now. I am going to torture you. You must get some rest.” I said rolling over away from Amanda.

“Fine.” She said getting into the covers. “But I am not sleepy, just to let you know.” She said.

“You will be.” I said.

About ten minutes later, I rolled over to see her asleep. I knew she was tired. She just did not want to admit it or give in to sleep. I smiled. She finally looked so peaceful and had a smile on her face. These last few days had been scary ones and with all the drama that has happened, Amanda needed to rest. I kissed her on the lips and rolled back over.