A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Taking Chances

I ran past Brendon’s room and down the stairs into the kitchen. I then ran outside past the pool and out into the garden area. I sat on a bench and caught my breath.

What am I doing? Why am I running from Pete? I knew I had the dream earlier and I told myself that I was not going to tell Pete about it and I know he wouldn’t intentionally bite me so why did I freak out when he kissed my neck the second time?

That dream felt so real. It was like a premonition or something. How do I go from not letting it get to me to freaking out in front of Pete? I guess I was enjoying myself too much that when he kissed me the second time my mind decided to be cruel and remind me of my dream.

“Hey, need a friend?” I turned as I heard Erelin’s voice.

“How did you know I would be out here?” I asked as she sat beside me on the bench.

“I don’t know. I figured with the way you were yelling that you would want to be somewhere Pete could not follow you. You want to tell me why he is upset and you are out here?” She asked.

“I don’t know. I freaked.” I replied.

“Ok, yeah, that explains a lot to me.” She said sarcastically.

“I had a dream this morning. It was well, more of a nightmare. I dreamed that I was in Pete’s arms. Everything else is a little fuzzy like where we were and stuff but as I said, I was in his arms and he bit me. Then, I woke up this morning screaming. I decided I would ignore it and not tell Pete about it. I thought that maybe it was my nerves.

However after he showed me my paintings and the room he said I could paint in, we started to make out and he started to kiss my neck, which felt good. About the second time he started to kiss it, I had a flash from my dream. I just freaked. I didn’t want Pete near me.” I said.

“You know that Pete would never bite you.” Erelin replied.

“I know unless it was necessary but this I don’t know about. It was like a premonition or something. It wasn’t like a normal dream, Erelin.” I said with my hands shaking.

“You don’t know that.” She said.

“As I sit here and talk to you about it, part of me wants to dream more of it and part of me wants to forget it.” I said.

“Why would you want to dream more of it if it frightens you?” She asked.

“I want to know what led up to him biting me or find out what happens after he does.” I replied.

“Oh. Well, I think it was just a dream, well a regular old nightmare. After everything that has happened to you, I blame stress. It has a funny way of biting you in the ass.” Erelin said making me laugh a bit at her comment.

“You need to tell Pete about your dream. Maybe it would make you both feel better. Trust is a good thing and I know you trust him. You just need to chill.” Erelin said.

“I don’t know. I was thinking too that I do not know much about him really or where he is from. I just know about how he became a vampire and how he knows his friends. I do not know anything about his family and yet he has a crash course in mine.

I do not want to be alone though. There is that definite chemistry between Pete and me, however. He is addicting and I feel if he is not in my life, I feel not complete, you know.” I said sighing.

“I know what you mean. Brendon is the same way. It may have taken me a little longer to realize that but I cannot leave him either. He completes me.” Erelin said agreeing with me.

“I don’t seem to have my future figured out. Maybe this relationship is going too fast. Maybe it’s not meant to last.” I replied.

“Ugh, Pete said that. I know that is not true. Don’t act like your mother, please.” Erelin replied getting upset with me.

“Have you ever heard of taking chances? Because I think that you have already taken several when it comes to Pete.” Erelin said.

“He makes me want to jump over the edge sometimes and I mean that in a good way. He drives me crazy.” I said sighing.

“Right now you are going crazy with worry and stress. Talk to Pete and tell him how you are feeling. Apologize to him and explain to him about your dream. Trust me when I say he will understand. After all the crap I did putting you in the middle of my whole Ryan and Brendon thing, the least I can do is offer this advice.” Erelin said with a straight face.

“Right.” I said laughing at Erelin. “You put me in the most uncomfortable position. I even took a hit breaking up the fight between the boys.” I said thinking of how much misery Brendon was feeling.

“Speaking of Ryan, what happened to him?” I asked.

“Well, he got hurt and put in a hospital. He ended up having amnesia but Brendon made him remember some things and I got to say a goodbye to him. He should be out of the city by now and somewhere safe. We freed him of the vampire that had bitten him.” She explained.

“Ah.” I said.

“So are you ok now?” Erelin asked worried.

“I think so. I just need to think a bit and having you here to talk helped. I think I will talk to Pete now and explain to him that I am sorry and about that darn nightmare.” I said as I got up.

Erelin got up and we proceeded back into the house. I walked upstairs up to Brendon’s room to find that Pete was not there. Erelin ran in there and sat on Brendon’s lap.

“If you are looking for Pete, he isn’t here. He went to his room.” Brendon replied.

“Oh, ok. Thanks.” I said.

As I began to walk out, I noticed something shiny and familiar on Brendon’s dresser. I grabbed my neck and felt my necklace Pete gave me to replace my old one I gave to Colin. I remembered to put it on when I got out of the shower today.

“Brendon, how did you get this?” I asked picking up the shiny object that was covered in dirt and realizing it was the necklace I gave Colin.