A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Caught

“Uh, Pete, what are you doing here?” I asked stepping back and nearly falling over on the couch in the room.

“Are we ok?” Pete asked standing in front of the door. I could tell he was afraid to come near me again after what happened earlier.

“Pete, listen, about earlier, I want to apologize. I took my frustrations out on you and I am sorry. I had this stupid nightmare this morning where you bit me on the neck in the same spot that I enjoyed earlier. With everything that has happened, I guess I let everything get to me. I know you would never intentionally bite me or hurt me.” I said walking towards Pete. He stepped back a bit from me.

“Are you sure you want me to be near you?” He asked a little hurt and cautious from earlier.

“Yes.” I said shutting the door behind him and pulling him in front of me.

“I am glad you finally told me why you freaked. I would never hurt you.” He said.

“I know.” I said taking his hand and leading him to the couch. I urged him to sit and I sat down on his lap.

“So, I guess you know we are going out slaying tonight.” Pete replied.

“You saw huh?” I said looking away.

“I say we have an eavesdropper on our hands.” Pete said gently turning my face towards him.

“Who could that be?” I said innocently.

“I think you know.” Pete said leaning in to kiss me.

“Where does that lead me? I want to come too. I want to fight. I know it is dangerous but I cannot stay cooped up in this mansion forever. There will always be danger.” I replied.

“Will there now?” Pete replied kissing me again.

“Yes.” I said kissing him back.

We changed positions on the couch to where I was lying back on the couch and he was leaning over me now. I quickly unzipped the black hoodie he had on with an orange bat on it and threw it on the floor. Pete leaned in to kiss my neck cautiously.

“You can kiss me on the neck you know. You won’t bite.” I said laughing.

Pete started right back where he left off earlier before the whole me running off incident. He had me letting out another moan as he kissed that one spot on my neck. Maybe Pete biting me would not be such a bad thing. Listen to me. No.

“Pete.” I said in a whisper.

“Yeah, babe?” He replied now looking at me.

“We can make this work, right?” I asked.

“I am willing to try and do whatever it takes to make this crazy relationship work if you are.” Pete responded.

“Good because your shirt has got to go!” I said pulling it up over his head.

“Demanding are we?” Pete asked grinning.

“Is there a problem?” I asked.

“Well, let’s see. If I have to have my shirt off then yours has to go too.” He said raising me up to lift my shirt off revealing my bra.

We made out for a while and then I scooted over on the couch a bit. Pete threw off all the cushions except the ones we were laying on and then laid beside me with his head on my chest. He was lying on my left side and had wrapped his left arm over me.

“I can hear your heart beat. It is beautiful.” Pete said sighing.

“So about tonight…” I pressed.

“You can come but you have to sit in the car that Sam is driving. I want you to sit there and only help if we are outnumbered.” Pete said looking up at me.

“Oh that sounds like so much fun.” I said sarcastically.

“I just want you to observe. After the club incident the other night, I want you to be safe.” Pete replied.

“I know but I can take care of myself provided I am not drugged.” I replied remembering my mother’s guards.

“I love you.” Pete said reaching up to kiss me.

“I love you too.” I said.

Pete and I fell asleep napping. I began to start dreaming again. This time I started to see more of my nightmare.