A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

The Damage Has Been Done

(Pete's POV)
“Well that explains why you couldn’t feel her.” Brendon replied.

“Brendon, save it. Help me lift her up.” I said as he helped put Amanda into my arms.

We walked out of the woods and back onto the path. The gang had now caught up to us. They were shocked to see me carrying and unconscious Amanda. What happened to her was my fault. If I had just talked to her before we decided to come here, maybe she would not have wanted to be alone and fall under a vampire’s control.

We made it back to our home and I carried Amanda upstairs to her room. “I will go get some supplies like bandages and a washcloth.” Sam replied leaving Amanda’s room.

I laid Amanda down onto her bed. “Will she be alright?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t know.” I said looking away from her.

“Come on Erelin. We need to let Pete analyze the situation.” Brendon said trying to shoo her out of the room.

“She is my friend. I need to know she will be ok.” Erelin said upset.

“I know, honey, but Pete needs to assess the damage. If she wakes up he will need to find out who did this to her.” Brendon said as Sam walked in with a wet washcloth and some supplies.

“I will leave her with you. Take care of her Pete.” Sam said hugging Pete.

“I will.” I replied.

Sam and everyone else left the room and Brendon had shut the door. I looked over at Amanda and sighed. She did not want to be bitten by a vampire. I tried to keep her safe and I have failed.

I cleaned up her wound. It was a nasty bite. Her skin was pale and her breathing was off a little but nothing that needs medical attention from a hospital. I then bandaged her neck.

I crawled up beside her and placed my head on her chest over her heart. I listened to her heartbeat that had become slightly irregular. “Please, wake up. I am so sorry. I will make this work if you just wake up.” I whispered.

Amanda started to stir a bit but she did not wake up. Instead, she started to move her body and let out a slight moan. Then, she mumbled something before falling back into a deep sleep. Was she dreaming what I think she was dreaming?