A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Awake

“Amanda, please wake up.” I thought I heard Pete say.

“Pete.” I mumbled causing Sisky to pull away from me.

“No. I will not let him get you back.” He replied.

“Amanda?” I heard Pete’s voice say as I was being shook awake.

“Soon.” I heard a voice say, which sounded so familiar but why?

“Pete?” I asked with my neck throbbing as I woke up to Pete hovering over me.

“You are awake.” Pete replied looking relieved.

“My neck hurts like no other.” I replied placing my hand on my neck.

“Oh my…” I said sitting up.

“Amanda, you were bitten by another vampire. Do you remember who it was?” Pete asked looking worried.

I sat there for a minute. I remember the woods. I remember being under the vampire’s spell. Why can I not remember who bit me?

“No. I remember the woods and I remember walking against my will. Everything else is hazy.” I said.

“You dreamed again.” Pete replied. “Was it the vampire?” Pete asked.

“I don’t know. Did I say something?” I asked as Pete looked in my eyes to see if I was lying or not.

“You mumbled and moaned in your sleep. I could not wake you. You seemed to enjoy whatever it was you were dreaming.” Pete said not looking happy.

“Honestly, I can’t remember anything, Pete. I think they erased my memory. Does this mean that they will come back for me?” I asked worried.

“Yes. If they call for you, but I will not let that happen. I promise.” Pete said grabbing me and pulling me into an embrace. I do not know why but I felt safe and compelled to hold on and not let go of Pete.

“I am scared, Pete.” I replied.

“Amanda, this is my fault. I am so sorry. I should not have snapped over the dream you had earlier. I should have talked to you first before we left to go out slaying.” Pete said in my ear.

“It’s ok. Just do not let go of me. I have the strange feeling that if you do I may go away and never come back.” I said not sure why, exactly.

“We will find who did this to you.” Pete said as I sat back up in bed.

“Bite me, Pete.” I said. My heart was racing and as much as I did not want to be bitten, I felt compelled to blurt this out.

“What? No. Not after the dream you had earlier.” Pete said.

“I am serious Pete. My life depends on it. We depend on it.” I said.

“Where is this coming from?” Pete asked.

“It is coming from my heart. I am afraid of this new enemy of mine.” I replied.