A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Send The Pain Below

“Amanda, stop!” Jenny said as her and Patrick was trying to pry me off Sisky before I actually staked him.

“You don’t understand. He killed Pete!” I screamed as tears ran down my face as Patrick pulled me close.

“Amanda, I’m sorry. I cannot make this better. It is my fault. The moment I first found out about William I should have told you Anne. I didn’t know he was working for your father Amanda until tonight, however.” Sisky said with sadness in his eyes as he was explaining things to my mother and me.

“I don’t care what you have to say.” I replied clinging onto Patrick, as I was afraid I would kill Sisky.

“Amanda…” Sisky said as he was about to touch my arm.

“Don’t touch me!” I said breaking free of Patrick and knocking Sisky to the ground. I just started punching him and he was not fighting back.

“Wait, no, you can’t do that!” I heard Jenny yell.

“Watch me.” My mother said as I felt a needle poked into my arm.

“It’s time to wake up.” I heard a voice echo in my head. It seemed familiar, yet disguised, as I could not place it.

“Pete.” I said slowly waking up.

“No, it is Patrick and Jenny here with you.” Patrick said as I slowly opened my eyes.

“Pete is…” Jenny tried to say without upsetting me again.

“I know.” I replied sluggish as I tried to look at my surroundings. I was on a bed in a room. I am guessing I am back at my mother’s place. Jenny and Patrick were sitting in chairs by the bed.

“Your mom sedated you before you could kill Sisky.” Jenny said.

“We were against it.” Patrick said.

“I want to go home.” I said trying to sit up but feeling a bit woozy.

“Come on. We will help you get out of here.” Jenny replied grabbing my hand as I tried to stand up.

“I feel like I can’t breathe. I feel sick.” I replied.

“Maybe you are having a reaction from the drug.” Patrick said as we started to walk out of the room.

“I don’t think so.” I said knowing why I could not breathe. Pete was not with me.

“Where do you think you are going?” I heard my mother say as we stepped out into the hall.

Patrick helped turn me around to face her. “I am going home where I belong, with my friends.” I said.

“I don’t think so. You obviously have gone through a big ordeal. You and your friends are welcome to spend the night.” Mom replied.

“No thank you. Do you even care really about my feelings or what I am going through right now?” I asked.

“Amanda, I am sorry about Pete but there are other men…” Mom said before I cut her off.

“How dare you. I get that you did not like Pete, but I loved him. I truly did. My feelings matter. My pain should matter to you, but I guess that you are just like them, the nasty vampires.

“Amanda.” Mom said.

“Save it. Pete was my one love, mom. I will not love anyone else. Once my father is defeated, I am leaving this place. I want to be away from you. For all I know you could be on Team Sisky. It is not going to happen. Now if you excuse me I am heading back home where I belong with people who matter and care. Oh, and by the way thanks for the sedative. Let’s drug your daughter some more.” I snapped.

With that, Patrick and Jenny helped me to their car as I was still a bit groggily. We sat in silence for most of the way home. I just stared at the window. I kept hearing Beckett’s laugh in my head and seeing the look on his face every time I closed my eyes. Then it would flash to Pete and the look he had.

“Amanda, we called the others while you were sleeping. They said that they are sorry and will not bother you tonight seeing as we all know you want to be alone.” Jenny said breaking the silence.

The truth was part of me wanted to be alone. I wanted to scream on top of the tallest mountain. The other half wanted to have friends around me. Then there was the half that wanted to die. I did not want to live if Pete was not here with me. I needed Pete. I was his match.

“Ok.” I said.

We made it back to the mansion and I went up to my room. I closed and locked the door. I sat on my bed and then laid back. I grabbed a pillow and started to cry. After the crying was done, I left my room and ransacked Pete’s for anything I could find that smelled like him. I found a hoodie with his cologne on it that he likes to wear every now and then. I put it on and crawled into his bed. I looked at the clock, which read that it was almost one am, and then amazingly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to a nightmare only to find that the nightmare was in fact reality. I looked at the clock again to find that it was now daylight and after ten am. I yawned, stretched, and got out of bed. I knew exactly what I was going to do this morning.

I ran back into my room and put on my bathing suit. Then I snuck downstairs and ran past the gang who was in the living room. I went into the kitchen and outside to the pool. I did not feel like living now and if I was already dead then my dad could not come after my friends just to get to me.

I climbed into the chilly pool. I swam a bit before I started to tire out. Then I went to the deepest part of the pool and took a huge breath. I then went under water and made sure I kept myself at the bottom of the pool as I leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes and began to just let myself drown.