A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

I'm In The Buisness Of Misery

“Whoa, take it easy with that thing.” Sisky replied.

“What are you doing here? I thought I made myself clear on how I felt about you when I almost had the chance to stake you.” I replied pissed and holding a stake in my right hand.

“Look I am here to help. I want to help you. I owe you that.” Sisky said.

“I don’t need your help.” I said walking past him.

“So you plan on just walking all night then. Do you even know where you are going or how long it would take you to get there by walking? Plus, not to mention there are vampires roaming the city who would love to have you for dinner.” Sisky yelled after me. I stopped in my tracks. He was right. I was going to have to use him.

“I hate this.” I said as I turned back around to see Sisky open the passenger side door of his truck. He threw my bag into the back before he climbed in.

“So.” He replied as I got in his truck.

“If you think this means anything it doesn’t. You got Pete taken away from me. You almost got him killed.” I snapped.

“Um, you are talking like Pete is alive.” Sisky said.

“Duh, it’s because he is.” I said.

“Are you feeling ok?” He asked.

“Look, I had a dream and he has tried to talk to me in my thoughts. He is not dead as I thought. Beckett has him.” I said. “Just why are you here again if you thought that Pete was dead?” I asked.

“I thought you would be heading out to kill Beckett for what he did. I wanted to help you and make sure nothing happens to you. Why haven’t you asked your friends to help?” He asked.

“Why haven’t you informed my mother?” I replied.

“Touché.” Sisky responded.

“I need you to take me to the docks.” I said.

“Do you know how crazy that is to take you there? That is like vampire central.” Sisky replied.

“I know and you said you wanted to help.” I said a little angry.

“Why there?” He asked.

“In my dream, Pete showed me where Beckett is and I believe he is holding Pete there too.” I said sighing as I slouched in my seat.

“You are sure you talked to Pete?” Sisky asked doubting me.

“I can feel him. He isn’t dead yet but he may be soon.” I said. “Are you going to help me or are we just going to sit here and talk because honestly I am not in a talking mood, especially not with you.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Ok, I will take you to the docks.” He said starting his truck up.

“By the way, you look pretty healthy for someone who had the crap knocked out of them.” I said noticing there was not even a scratch on Sisky now.

“I heal quickly. Don’t worry princess I ate before I came here so I wouldn’t bite you.” Sisky replied sarcastically.

“Like I would let you bite me anyway.” I said.

“I get that you are pissed but I am trying to make it up to you. I want to help. If it makes you happy being with Pete, then let me help you get Pete back. So you could be a little bit nicer to me or out you go back to a long walk with vampires galore.” Sisky said.

“Fine!” I snapped.

“I can still get under your skin.” Sisky smiled.

“Whatever. You just keep dreaming there buddy.” I said staring out the window. Maybe this was a bad idea. I trusted Sisky and he betrayed my trust. Yet, part of me even though I wanted to kill him felt sorry for him. However, was I sorry for him?

When he kissed me, he did awaken something in me that was different from Pete which can lead to flirting with disaster and that is something I do not want. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pete, but am I flirting with disaster with Sisky? He has that spark in his eyes and he does look fine. He can be happier than Pete who is sometimes moody. Wait, whom am I kidding? He wanted to force me to love him and you cannot force someone to love them.

Think Amanda, you are going to save Pete. After Sisky helps you, he will be out of the picture. Consider this as using him to get what you want and then it is all over. You will not see him again. You will tell him where to go.

“We are here.” Sisky said as we had driven a ways to get to the docks. Sisky pulled his truck into some woods off the side of the road and threw my bag from the back at me. “This is where we have to walk just a bit. The ocean sits right over there on the left of us. There are a few piers with some warehouses on it." Sisky added.

“He isn’t in them. He is in a tall one with an office complex attached on the right.” I said.

“Ok, you lead the way. Just be quiet and on guard.” Sisky said.

We walked around ducking and hiding behind vehicles or buildings when we would hear voices. I started walking in the middle of the road, which caught Sisky off guard. “What are you doing? Do you want to get caught out here in the open?” He asked.

“No, but I am a risk taker.” I replied. “Besides I need to use the street lamps to see which building we are at.” I said.

“I thought you could feel where Pete is.” Sisky replied.

“I can and this building isn’t it.” I said looking at it. I started to feel that bad feeling I had earlier. Something else was going on that I was unsure about and I did not like it one bit.

“Shh. I hear someone. Play along.” Sisky said before grabbing me and pulling me into a kiss.

“What the…” A vampire said.

“This is restricted access.” Another vampire said as Sisky broke away from the kiss leaving me a bit lightheaded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any Team Peter or Sisky out there?