Status: Active ;3

Lost and Found

Oli

Pain shot throughout my body as his fist collided with my face. I fell to the ground, my bruised legs becoming too weak to keep me up.
“Please?” I begged.
He laughed evilly lifting me up by my throat.
I gasp for breath as he lifted me higher, my feet no longer touching the ground.
“Worthless!” He growled, pulling his pocket knife out of his pocket with his free hand.
He dragged the blade up my chest. Crimson dots of blood appeared as a hissed in pain. The knife got closer and closer to my throat.
“Please Dad; you don’t have to do this!”
He smirked pulling the knife across my neck.
“Please! Stop!”
I sat bolt upright in my bed. Tears poured down my face and my sheets were drenched with sweat. I sobbed silently to myself. Images flashed through my mind of that night. The night that everything changed. The night that still plagued my nightmares.
I stood up from my bed in search of a pair of pyjamas that weren’t wet from sweat and tears. I found a pair of Andy’s sweatpants and threw them on and tiptoed down the hall towards the black door at the end of the hall. I pushed the door open silently, holding my breath. Andy lay shirtless, face down on his bed, his long lanky legs hanging out from under the covers.
“Andy?” I whispered.
“Hmphlurhhhh potatoes.”
“Andy!” I said a bit louder.
“Hmmmm?” He groaned, turning to face me.
“Oh, Oli,” he whispered, waking up immediately as he noticed my tear streaked face, “Did you have the dream again?”
I nodded slowly. I could feel the tears starting up again and I let out a small whimper.
“Come here Olisaur,” Andy smiled sympathetically and pulled up the covers so I could climb in with him.
I curled up into him and nuzzled my nose into his bare chest, taking in his scent. I couldn’t quite place what he smelt like but his scent made me feel relaxed and safe. He wrapped his arms around me making my tears slow a bit. He began to sing. His beautiful voice chasing away all thoughts about the nightmare. I felt free. I suddenly became tired. My eyelids became heavier and heavier until I could barely keep my eyes open.
“Goodnight,” Andy yawned.
But I was too tired to reply.
***
I bounded into the living room with a smile on my face. Today felt like it was going to be a good day. I don’t know why, it just did. I wasn’t going to let him get me down.
“Whaaaacha doin?” I said through a mouthful of skittles.
Andy jumped, throwing whatever he had in his hands up into the air.
“Fuck! You scared m-wait, are you eating skittles for breakfast?”
“I asked you a question first.”
“Fine, I’m wrapping Angel’s present.”
I smiled, taking the note book from Andy’s hands. It was sky blue and had Angel in white swirly letters.
“He’s going to love it,” I grinned handing it back to Andy.
“I hope so,” He whispered, chewing on his snake bites, “So anyway, eating skittles for breakfast?”
“No, they’re just a pre-breakfast snack.”
“I’m surprised your teeth haven't fallen out yet.”
“Can’t wait until they do, Dentures are sexy.”
He laughed then his face turned serious.
“About last nigh-“
“Don’t worry. It’s fine.” I said putting on a fake smile.
He looked into my eyes, obviously not believing me. I held my breath hoping that he’d just drop it. Last night wasn’t the first time that had happened, and we both knew it wouldn’t be the last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you like rainbows!