Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXXII

I rushed through the hot, humid kitchen at a brisk pace. My day had not been going well. I'd lost my temper at one of the waitresses who had been talking about me behind my back for months, I cracked one of my fillings, and burned my hand on a hot plate. It just wasn't my day. I had already clocked out and I was ready to go the hell home.

Once I was out of the kitchen I stood behind the counter and looked out at the lunch crowd.

"Millie!" I heard someone call.

I turned my head and my heart instantly melted. I grinned at the old woman and walked over to her booth.

"Hi Millie." I greeted.

Yes, we had the same name.

"I haven't seen you in awhile and now you've got a ring on your finger!" She cried.

"Oh, yeah." I chuckled nervously as I took a seat across from her. I twisted the ring on my finger and sighed.
"I'm not really engaged."

"What?" She asked.

I then explained the whole story. I admitted that I had lied to John at first, but eventually told him the truth. I also told her that I was falling in love with him all over again. It had been a month since I'd brought him home from the hospital and he still doesn't remember anything.

"It sounds like you've got a keeper on your hands." She told me with a sweet smile.

"I think I do." I chuckled. "I just hope he's okay."

"He will be, honey. Just keep your chin up." She told me. "But I should be going now. I've got to make a pie for the new neighbors."

"I'm on my way out. I'll walk you home." I offered. She lived right across the street and it was the least I could do.

As we walked we discussed John and she threatened me to keep her updated on what was going on. I promised her that I would and made my way home.

The moment I walked into the door I was pulled into a mind blowing kiss. I pulled away first, out of breath, and smiled up at him.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Because you're beautiful." He replied.

"Thanks." I blushed as I slipped my shoes off. "What's that smell?"

"I made spaghetti." He responded quickly. "But besides that..."

He was grinning like a little kid and seemed extremely giddy. I was confused as to what he was so excited about.

"What is it?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I remember some stuff!" He exclaimed.

"John! That's wonderful!" I cried, jumping up to give him a hug. I kissed his cheek and then his lips again before unwrapping my arms from his neck. "What do you remember?"

"I'm John Cornelius O'Callaghan The Fifth, my mom's name is Cindy and my dad has the same name as me. I have two brothers, Ross and Shane. Ross was born on October 19th, and Shane was born on April 7th." He explained.

I got tears in my eyes as I stared up at him. His face fell and he got a worried look.

"Is that not right? Why-"

"No, no I'm just so happy that you're starting to remember. The doctor said that once you start remembering you won't stop." I smiled as I wiped a happy tear away.

"Just promise that you'll still love me once I'm me again. I don't want to lose you." He told me softly as he brushed some hair away from my face. My heartbeat always got faster when he did that.

"I told you before and I'll tell you again, that you're it for me. I only want to be with you, John. I love you so much." I replied as a tear slid down my cheek. He brushed it away gently with his thumb and I could almost feel him becoming himself.

"I know. I love you too." He whispered. "God, I'm so in love with you."

"You're even talking like you used to." I chuckled as I stared into his beautiful eyes.

"Good." He smiled. "Now let's eat."

He laced our fingers and led me to the kitchen where he prepared two plates of spaghetti with freshly grated cheese. I greedily ate two plates of the pasta before I was full.

John spent the whole meal listening to me vent about my awful day and didn't even complain. I was so lucky that he was willing to put up with all of my whiney crap.

After that, we sat down on my couch and watched tv before I peacefully dozed off in his arms.

John

I gazed down at Millie sleeping in my arms and my stomach turned. Not because of the butterflies she gave me, but because I was nervous.

She thought that I was starting to get my memory back, but little did she know, I've had it back for a week.

I don't know why I didn't tell her. She wouldn't be mad at me or anything. I just knew that she would encourage me to go back to Arizona when the only place I wanted to be was with her in Boston. I knew I that I was potentially making the biggest mistake of my life by keeping this from her, but I just needed more time.

Last week while she was at the store, I was looking at her bookshelf when I found a photo album. It had probably fifty pictures of us together. Both of my full length albums were in it and a mix cd I made her once. After I listened to it all and went through the book a few more times, everything came flooding back to me.

I looked back down at the sleeping girl and just wished that I could be honest with her. I hated lying to her and I knew it was wrong. I just wanted to be with her and without my memory, it was like starting over with a clean slate. I knew I couldn't keep it up forever and I knew she'd want to think she had a part in helping me remember, which she did. She had the biggest part.

I picked her up and laid her down in her bed before crawling in next to her. I covered her up and kissed her forehead as I wrapped my arms around her. She smiled in her sleep and cuddled into me.

After weeks of her taking care of me, all I wanted to do was take care of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Effin John.
Gosh.

Who think Millie is gonna find out?

Comment and subscribe. Sorry it's so short!