Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXXIII

I was lying in bed still staring at Millie. God she looked so cute when she was sleeping. I remember the first time we slept in the same bed in San Diego. Before that I'd never realized how good her soft skin felt when it was resting on mine, or how relaxing it was to feel her hot breath on my neck. Yeah, San Diego definitely held a lot of firsts for us.

I brushed some hair out of her face so I could see her better. Her cheeks were rosy and her lips were a pale pink. Her long eyelashes were curled slightly at the ends and her nose twitched every few minutes. She was so beautiful.

I heard her let out a soft groan as she shifted in my arms. A sigh escaped her lips right before her eyes fluttered open.

"Morning." She smiled in a groggy haze.

"Good morning." I replied as a grin tugged at my lips.

"Remember anything?" She asked.

"Just some childhood stuff." I lied.

"I'm so happy you're remembering everything. I'd give anything just to make you better again." She gushed sincerely as she kissed my chest.

"Thanks Millie. That means a lot to me." I whispered, feeling so guilty.

"You're welcome. I love you so much." She responded as she buried her head into the crook of my neck. I tightened my grip on her and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you too, babydoll." I replied softly.

She leaned up and gave me a short sweet kiss on the lips before she walked to her bathroom.

"I'm gonna take a shower really quick." She said, smiling. "Feel free to join me." She grinned.

My throat got dry and I felt the blood rush to certain parts of my body.

"Wait...what? Really?" I asked, jumping up from the bed.

"You tell me, cutie pie." She winked as she lifted her top over her head.

We showered together, but nothing happened. It was enough for me though. I felt so close to her that I couldn't ask for more.
-------------------------
"So what's on the agenda for tonight, babe?" I asked as I helped her bake a cheesecake.

"Well after we're done with this I was thinking that maybe you'd like to meet my friends tonight. They're dying to meet you." She gushed.

"Really?" I asked, really surprised. Why would her friends want to meet me? I'm nothing special.

"Of course. I only spent hours gushing about you to them." She chuckled as she licked some batter off of her finger.

"Well then I want to meet them too!" I nodded.

"Good. I'm glad. But I'm not forcing you into this, okay? If you don't want to then you don't have to." She warned as she turned towards me.

"No, I want to go. I really want to meet your friends. What are their names?" I asked.

"Stephen and Anna." She answered. "They're engaged."

"Like us." I chuckled.

I watched her reaction to my words and it broke my heart. She frowned and looked down at the ring.

"Yeah." She muttered.

I frowned and shoved my hands into my pockets before walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rested my head on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She squeaked.

Her voice always got higher when she was lying.

"Come on, what's wrong?" I insisted.

"Nothing, really. I'm completely fine." She lied again. "Now I'm going to call Anna while you go take a nap."

"Why do I have to nap?" I asked before a yawn escaped my lips.

"That's why." She giggled. "Now go take a quick nap, babe."

"Alright." I sighed as I walked back to the bedroom. She must have known I didn't sleep all night by the way I yawned all day.

I laid down in the sheets that smelled like her and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

"John! John wake up babe." I heard her whisper. "Stephen and Anna are on their way."

"Mmkay. I'm up." I replied in a groggy voice.

"Sleep well?" She asked as she slid into bed next to me.

"Very." I replied as I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Good. Then get up." She laughed.

"I don't wanna." I whined as I buried my face into her stomach.

"Careful there. You don't want to hurt the baby." She warned.

"What!?" I asked, snapping my head up.

"Now you're awake, aren't ya?" She laughed as she got off of the bed.

"That's not funny!" I exclaimed. "I don't want you to ever be pregnant with a baby that's not mine."

"I know, cutie pie." She laughed. "I don't think you'll have to worry about that."

"Good. But I don't want to knock you up for awhile either." I told her.

"That's fine, because I don't want you to." She retorted.

"I'm glad we're on the same page then." I smirked. "But you know that I would be there for you if that did...ever happen."

"Thanks. Even if it isn't yours?" She asked.

I was about to say something when she cut me off.

"I'm kidding!"

"That's not funny!" I cried.

"I thought it was. Now get your butt up." She said as she walked out the door.

I got up and put my jeans and a shirt back on before I went to the living room. We sat there for a second and then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Millie yelled.

"Hey!" I heard a girl say.

"Hey guys!" Millie greeted as she hugged the couple. I just stood there awkwardly behind her while she talked to them for a second. "This is John."

"Hey." I smiled as I shook their hands.

"Hi John! I'm Anna. We've heard so much about you." She grinned.

"Ha, you too. It's nice to meet you." I smiled back.

"I'm Stephen. Nice to meet you." The guy said.

Wait! He was the guy Millie was in the picture with! That means she wasn't dating while I was gone! Awesome!

"I'm John. Hey did anybody ever tell you that you look like-"

"Jim from The Office." All three of them said in unison.

"Yeah. A few times." He chuckled.

After the awkward meeting was over we had a movie night.

First we watched Halloween and then we watched Dinner for Schmucks to lighten the mood.

When Stephen and Anna finally left, Millie and I started making out on the couch. Her lips moved fervently against mine as she laid on top of me. She unbuttoned her flannel and tossed it across the room before starting to pull down her jeans.

"Wait." I sighed, stopping her.

"What?" She asked.

"We should wait. I don't want to rush things. Let's just take it slow this time." I told her. "I really care about you. I love you! I don't want to hurt you again."

She was silent for awhile before she spoke up again.

"Alright." She nodded. "Let's go to bed."

She got off of me and we walked into the bedroom together hand in hand.

"I love you." I reminded her.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw.

So...another filler. Sorry.

Comment and subscribe!!