Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXXIV

I sat on the couch watching tv like I always did when Millie was at work. I didn't like to go out exploring unless I was with her. So, today I was just kicking back and relaxing until I heard a knock at the door. I got up to answer it thinking that maybe it was Stephen or somebody, but I was shocked by who I saw.

"Garrett?! What are you doing here?" I cried.

"I- I wanted to see Millie and- wait, how do you remember me?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrow and stepping inside.

"Well- I mean, the pictures! Millie showed me lots of pictures of, uh the band and stuff so I recognized you... You're not buying this, are you?" I asked.

"Not at all." He replied, shaking his head.

I had two options now, kick Garrett out or blackmail him into keeping his mouth shut. I seriously considered the two options, but then thought that making up with Garrett would make Millie happy so I had to just endure the pain.

"Okay, I've got my memory back but Millie doesn't know." I admitted.

"You what!?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"You can't tell her, though. Look, we both love her and I'm going to tell her eventually so-"

"You need to tell her soon. And then I'm taking you back to Arizona. You've missed out on so much fucking work." He spat angrily.

"I'm sorry! But things have been going so well, I just can't leave her but I can't ask her to come with me. I need her, man. I was just trying to buy myself some time." I replied with a sigh.

"That's all well and good, but you need to come back some time. Your family is worried as fuck, and so is everybody else. That was really selfish."

"Yeah, well you telling me that I wasn't good enough for Millie was selfish. What did you get out of that, huh? I'll tell you what! You got a broken hearted sister who now lives halfway across the country from us, and you got a fucked up alcoholic too. Way to go, I guess it was just better for everyone involved." I retaliated. He had no right judging my decisions when he was the reason that all of this was happening.

"I know, okay? I was wrong. I didn't want you around Millie. I don't know why, it was just weird and when you two started getting serious and then I found out about the whole deal I had to do something. It was stupid and I shouldn't have done it. I love Millie and if she loves you then I can accept that." He told me.

"Good, because I can't live without her. She's everything to me. I want to give her all the things she's ever wanted. I want to marry her and buy her a house and be with her forever. I'm in love with her." I said.

"I know. I always knew. Even when you two fought I knew that one day you'd both realize how perfect you were for each other. I just didn't want that day to be so soon." He sighed. "But I came to apologize to you guys, then you seriously have to come home."

"Let's talk about that later." I suggested.

"John-"

"Seriously."

"Fine." He sighed.

He unpacked his stuff in the guest room and took a shower. I was nervous about him being here. I thought about how Millie would react. Would she be mad or happy that he was here? Would she be mad at me for letting him in? Would they make amends or just get into a bigger argument? Should I call Trey?

My rambling thoughts came to a stop when I heard the door start to open.

"Hey John!" She grinned as she walked over to me.

"Hey babydoll, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Work was boring." She replied. "Is somebody in the shower?"

"Oh...about that.. Uh.." I stuttered.

"John. Who's here?" She asked sternly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You know, you look so gorgeous today-"

"John.." She said in a warning tone.

"Your brother." I replied quietly.

She paused for a second and I heard the shower turn off.

"Which one?" She gritted through her teeth.

"Garrett..." I answered.

"John! How did you even know who-"

"Don't yell at him." Garrett said as he walked out of the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?" She spat.

"I came to say sorry for everything. I was being a fucking asshole before, but I'm sorry. You two should be together and I shouldn't have tried to stop you." He told her.

"You're damn right. And you shouldn't have come here either. You should book a flight as soon as possible." She yelled as she stormed into the kitchen.

"Okay, but John's coming with me." He called to her from the living room.

"What did you say?" She asked as she walked back out.

"John's coming back home with me..." He said.

"Garrett." I warned. I knew he was going to tell her.

"Why?" She asked.

He just looked over at me and I stood up.

"Millie, I need to tell you something..."

"John, don't-"

"I've got my memory back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger!

If I get lots of comments I'll update in a few hours!

Comment and subscribe and tell me your predictions!

Also, Puggers1818 sent me an awesome video link to a new song from The Maine that goes so well with this story called "I'm Sorry" and you should check it out!!