Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXXVI

I woke up in my bed the next day feeling blissful and warm until I turned over. There was nobody there.

After getting over my shock, I hopped out of bed and I quickly pulled on a bra, tanktop and a pair of sleep shorts before running out into the living room. I searched each room and found nothing but emptiness and quiet.

"Son of a bitch." I shrieked before slipping on a pair of flip flops and grabbing my keys.

I ran down the stairs of my apartment, not even caring that I was barely wearing clothes, and bolted through the street to where my car was. I started it up and peeled out of the parking lot. I sped through the streets of Boston, not even knowing if I was going to the right airport.

All I could think was, how stupid is he? Why didn't he wake me up? Did he think that the conversation we had yesterday was enough for me? Didn't he want to say goodbye to me?

After avoiding three accidents, getting honked at more times than I can count, and swearing that a car was following me, I arrived at the airport. I pulled into a place that wasn't even a parking space and ran into the airport. Everybody was gawking at me, and if I was them I'd be gawking at me too.

I froze in the middle of the airport and found the urge to cry. What the hell am I doing? I don't even know if I'm in the right airport, and even if I am how am I going to find John? What is wrong with me?

A hand on my shoulder jerked me out my thoughts. I turned around slowly, expecting a TSA agent to arrest me for being crazy, but instead I was faced with the only guy I wanted to see.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a worried tone, looking down at my outfit. "You smell like sex." He whispered.

"What am I doing here?" I cried. "What are you doing here? Did you just expect me to wake up and look around and see that you were gone and just be okay with that? Why didn't you say goodbye?"

"Millie, I left a note. Garrett pretty much yanked me out bed and told me we had to leave in five minutes. I wanted to wake you up but I didn't want to say goodbye." He told me.

"So what? You just thought I would be fine with that?" I spat. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

By now almost everybody in the airport was staring at us like we were crazy. Maybe we are.

"I couldn't say goodbye! I don't want to leave you Millie! Even seeing you here now is making me crazy. I thought if I didn't say goodbye that it would be easier to go. But I left a note-"

"A note? A fucking note? What the hell-"

I was cut off by his lips on mine. My mind went blank and all I could think about was kissing him back. The way his lips felt on mine was the only thing I could concentrate on.

We finally had to pull away to get a breath of air before attaching our lips again.

"Are you calm now?" He asked with a smirk as he pulled away.

"Yeah." I sighed. "I'm sorry, I was just hurt."

"I know. I'm the one who should apologize. It was stupid of me to leave without telling you. I'm sorry, babydoll." He said as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"So what are we, then?" I asked.

"What?"

"What are we? I'm not letting you go without labeling this." I explained.

"Well then I don't wanna label it." He smirked.

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"Because then you won't let me go." He replied.

"John." I whined with a giggle.

"You're the one I love and I'm the one you love. That's what we are." He told me.

"We're lovers." I stated.

"We're lovers." He confirmed.

"I'm just going to call you my boyfriend because lover sounds weird." I said.

"Alright babydoll." He chuckled. "I love you."

"I love you too, cutie pie." I whispered as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Don't cry, Mill. Please don't cry." He begged, matching my tone.

"I'm sorry. I'm just going to miss you." I sniffled, looking up at him.

"I know, baby. But I promise I'll be back soon and I'll call every night." He promised.

"There's a three hour time difference, John." I reminded him.

"Then I'll call early. Look, I promise I'll make this work. We'll make this work." He assured me. "I love you too much to let distance get in our way."

I looked up at him through my tears and saw the serious expression on his face. He meant every word he said.

"I love you too, but we can't go on like this forever you know." I told him.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it baby. Just believe in us and we'll be okay. I'm not letting you go again. You're perfect, Millie." He said.

"I'm not perfect and you're not perfect-"

"But we're perfect for each other." We said in unison.

We laughed and kissed again.

"You need to go now." I frowned.

"I know. This isn't goodbye. I'll see you soon and I'm going to call as soon as I land. I love you babydoll." He said, kissing me once more.

"I love you too. Have a good flight." I smiled, giving him another kiss.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight for a while before letting me go.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" He promised.

"Okay." I nodded.

"I love you." He repeated.

"I love you too." I replied.

I walked over to my brother and gave him a hug after a quick goodbye. Even if I wasn't happy with him, he was still my brother.

John gave me a half hearted smile and started to walk away. I stood there watching as he walked with Garrett to the gate and out of my sight. I frowned and wrapped my arms around my body. I'd never felt so naked in public before. I walked out of the airport and back to my car, which luckily hadn't been towed yet. I got in and drove back home slowly and sadly. I was proud of myself though. I didn't start bawling until I was about ten minutes from home. When I reached my apartment I stayed in my car until I had myself under control, then I walked straight up to my place and locked the door after I got inside.

I stripped my clothes off and took a long, hot shower to calm myself down. I couldn't stop crying though. I realized that I wasn't as happy here as I thought I was. In fact, I was downright miserable. I needed to go back home. I needed home just as much as home needed me.

Now it's just the getting there that I have to figure out.

A few hours later I was combing my hair on the couch when there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find my smiling best friend.

"Hey Anna." I greeted with a sad smile.

"Hey Millie! Where's John?" She asked as she stepped inside.

"On a plane." I replied as I shut the door.

"What!? What happened?" She asked.

"Garrett made him leave." I replied.

"Wait, what? Back it up." She said.

I then explained to her everything that happened from Garrett arriving to John having his memory back. I got emotional as I described our moment at the airport and she hugged me and told me it would be okay.

"Anna, I need to be with him." I told her.

"I know you do. So when are you leaving?" She asked.

"I can't leave. I've got the restaurant and I'm your maid of honor." I replied.

"My wedding is in three months. You can leave after that." She responded.

"What about the restaurant?" I asked.

"You know how much profit we make. If I give you your half then you can easily start up a restaurant in Arizona." She stated.

"Anna, I can't let you do that." I told her.

"I can't let you stay. You need to be with him, Millie. You're going to regret it forever if you don't go." She said.

"I know, but-"

"No buts! You're going to start a successful restaurant in Arizona and that's that." She interrupted.

"Thank you, Anna. You're an angel, you know that? I don't know what I'd do without you and Stephen." I told her sincerely.

"You're an amazing girl, Millie but you need to be with John. You two truly do complete each other."

"Thanks Anna. I know we do."

I looked down at my hands and smiled as I looked at the ring that was still on my finger.

John

I stared blankly out the window out the commercial plane and sighed. I'd never been too fond of the east coast, but now I found it hard to leave. There was a throbbing in my chest that I just couldn't get rid of.

"Cheer up. You guys are together." I heard from beside me.

"Yeah, I just miss her, Gare." I told him.

"I know. I miss her too. I'm sick of being the bad guy, I just want to be her friend again." He confessed.

"It's not your fault. I should have come back home once I got my memory back. I'm sure she doesn't hold it against you." I assured him.

"No, she does. And she should. I'm just being a dick, man. I shouldn't have broken you two up in the first place." He sighed.

"It's okay, dude. I listened to you. And I don't hold it against you. All is forgiven." I told him honestly.

"I'm still sorry, bro. I was an ass." He apologized again.

"Yeah you were, but it's okay. The past is the past. Just forget about it."

He shrugged and looked away, I guess not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"I'm going to marry her someday, Garrett." I said.

"I know you are. You guys'll be really happy together. I wish you the best." He nodded.

"I'm glad you approve. Millie thinks a lot of you, you know? You're her big brother and she's always going to love you." I said to him.

"Thanks John. You know, at first I really didn't want you two together but now I'm glad that she's with you. Nobody could ever love her more than you do." He chuckled.

"She's really amazing. She's like a mindreader or something. It's like she always knows exactly what I'm thinking."

"She does. I don't even know how she does it but she always knows more than you think." He agreed.

"I really love her. She's everything to me." I said softly.

"She was so worried when you had your accident. I don't think I've ever seen her so upset. You're everything to her, too." He replied.

"She's so...incredible." I trailed off.

"Yeah." Garrett nodded in agreement.

"I've got a great idea!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Any idea what John's great idea is?

So, I feel really bad being all whiney and stuff but could I please get a fewwww more comments? Those of you who comment every time are awesome and I love you but there are so many people subscribed that I feel like I should be getting a few more per chapter.

That being said, maybe the reason I haven't been getting many is because I've been forgetting to thank you all.

So, thanks to livingproof.drivingbackwards, somebody_who_cares, WhoAreYourJudy, whilethefirewasout, skelet0nundery0urbed, deanna13, revenge_is_mine, somewhereclosebehind, carlygirlll43, just breathe, nothingpersonal10, and sowrongit'sreia.

So tell me your predictions on what's going to happen! Predictions are my favorite!