Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

V

"What do you need?" I asked slowly and suspiciously.

He looked extremely flustered. He was pacing nervously back and forth and he kept touching his hair. I could tell that he had been smoking recently by the smell of his clothes, which was something he only did when he was upset or nervous. Finally he stood still in front of my seat on the bed and got on his knees.

"Just know that I wouldn't be asking you unless I really really needed something, okay?" He started.

I nodded and he continued.

"Ross, my brother, he's been dating this girl Sierra. She's a total bitch. And they keep making fun of me for not having a girlfriend, so--" I stopped him there.

"No! Absolutely not. No." I stated.

"Please Millie? Six weeks tops, I swear. You have no idea how much I don't want to be asking you this." He pleaded.

"Why are you even asking me? There's twenty girls I could name off the top of my head who would love to do this." I cried.

"Okay, here are my reason: One, you're an actress so you'd know what to do. And plus I know you're not some insane girl who's going to fall in love with me or some shit. And as much as I don't want to admit it, people love you Mill. My family would go crazy over you. Please? I'm literally begging." He said as he clasped in hands together in front of him.

Now it was my turn to be flustered. I buried my head in my hands and groaned. He knew I was too nice not to do this. He was using it against me. Then I got an idea.

"What do I get out of this?" I asked, cocking my head.

"You know how Luigi's went out of business a few months ago?" He asked, referring to the italian restaurant down the street from my house.

"Yeah?" I shrugged.

"I'll cover the down payment for you. But you have to come through for me, all or nothing." He bargained.

I thought it over for a minute.

"So I just have to pretend to be your girlfriend for six weeks and then we're done. I get the restaurant, no strings attached?" I questioned.

"And you can't tell anyone about this deal. Not your mom, not Garrett, and especially not Danny." He warned.

Danny

"No! He just came back, can't I at least explain this to him so he doesn't think that I just blew him off?" I begged.

"No. If we want this to be legit then nobody can know except you and I. Do we have a deal or not?"

I bit my lip and looked up at him. He held his hand out for me to shake and I reached to take it.

"Wait," I stopped.

He groaned and looked at me.

"If they make fun of you why don't you just tell them to stop?" I asked.

"Because Mildr- Millie, there's something more." He began. He sighed and took a seat next to me on my bed. "Ross is probably going to propose to this girl and it's tradition that the first one to propose gets the claddagh ring and I just can't let him get it. He doesn't know what it means to the family, he has no idea. He'd probably lose it at Sea World or something.."

I stifled a laugh and he glared.

"Sea World?" I asked.

"I don't know!" He cried, "But you get the point."

"Hold up. Propose? You're going to propose to me? What happens when we 'break up'?" I asked, using air quotes.

"Then I'll just tell them that I plan on getting you back or something and keep the ring." He shrugged.

"You're sure about this? You really want to go through with this?" I asked.

"Positive." He answered.

"Fine." I sighed, shaking his large hand. "Deal."

"Thank you, Millie. You have no idea how grateful I am." He said sincerely.

"Yeah, you're welcome. Now we need to get our story straight in case we get asked questions. You asked me out today, I said yes and we're moving fast, if they want us to kiss then I'll pretend to be sick, and we have to get along to make this believable." I told him.

"Alright, I can do believable." He nodded.

"Good. Any other bases we need to cover?" I asked.

"Will you come on tour with me?" He asked.

"What! No, this isn't-"

"What are you going to say when I ask you that?" He interrupted.

"Oh. Umm... Work I guess? Yeah, work works." I nodded.

He chuckled. "Okay, I think that's about all of this I can handle for one day. You're coming over for dinner tonight. I'll pick you up at 6. Look pretty."

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Okay good. See you later." He said as he started walking out of my room.

"Wait dear!" I called. "Let me walk you down." I said with a smirk.

We walked down the stairs and I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together. I could feel him getting tense and wanted to laugh so badly. Once we got to the door he pulled his hand away and went to turn the doorknob. Before he could open it, I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Bye John. See you tonight, baby."

"Uh, b-bye Mills." He said hurriedly.

I watched him walk out the door and get into his truck before starting it up and ripping out of the driveway.

I turned around to see my entire family, Trey and all, looking at me in shock.

"Umm..." Garrett spoke. "What the fuck was that?"

"Language!" My mom warned.

"John and I are dating." I shrugged.

"It's not April first Millie, this isn't funny. You and John hate each other." Trey interrupted.

"No we don't. We just have a strange relationship." I shrugged. "Now I need to go get ready. I'm going to his house for dinner tonight."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Millie. You mean to tell me that you had him up in your room alone for nearly half an hour with the door shut and when you walk out you two are suddenly lovebirds. I don't like the way that sounds." My dad frowned.

"Oh don't worry dad, we just made out a little bit. Nothing further I swear. I just couldn't help it. He's so sweet."

I almost started laughing after that last sentence, but I held it together.

"Well, uh, good for you Millie. John is a nice boy and we're happy for you. Right?" My mom said forcing everyone to nod and agree.

"Aw, thanks guys. Now I seriously have to go get ready."

I walked upstairs and into my room before starting to laugh. Oh how could my family be so dumb?

I stripped down and stepped in the shower. I washed away all of the sweat that accumulated on my body and in my hair. I made sure that I smelled 100 percent clean before stepping out of the shower. I slipped on some underwear and a push up bra as I knew the one time I had met John's brother he spent most of it staring at my chest. So what would make him more jealous of John? Then I dried my hair and applied my make up extra neatly and carefully to make a good impression. I curled my hair loosely and slipped on my favorite dress and some flats. I looked at myself in the mirror and made sure that I looked okay.

I smiled, in no time I'll finally have my own restaurant. I just have to put up with John in the meantime. Could be worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for all the comments! I got so many subscriptioons on the last chapter!:)

I like how Millie is trying to annoy John.

Comment and subscribe! Any predictions on what's going to happen at dinner?