Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Siblings

Brian and I were just hanging around my apartment when Chloe walked in, causing an eerie silence to come upon us. Chloe made it obvious that she didn’t like Brian, at all.

“I should go” Brian murmured.

“No, don’t. This is as much her apartment as mine” Chloe told him sending him a glare as
she walked into her room.

“Why does she hate me so much?” he asked softly watching me.

“Because I was stuck with her crying her eyes out for days blaming herself for not being good enough; do you have any idea what she went through?” Chloe asked leaning on her door frame looking at Brian closely.

“Chloe that stuff is in the past, he’s changed” I murmured looking at her.

“I don’t want to be the one that has to watch you relapse after he does it again” she admitted.

Sighing I shook my head; “I’ve been good, especially after what happened” I reminded her.

Giving me a skeptical look she smiled before heading towards the kitchen, Brian shook his head. “Me cheating is always going to be brought up isn’t it?” he asked.

Shrugging my shoulders I stood up; “I need to pack for Vegas, I’ll see you later” I told him softly before walking into my room and getting out a suitcase.

“So he doesn’t know about your little aftermath does he?” Chloe asked walking into my room after Brian left.

“No, he doesn’t know that I turned anorexic” I muttered.

Chloe pulled me into a hug for a minute before pulling away; “So have you talked to Zack?” she asked carefully.

I shook my head; “I haven’t talked to him since Brian and I became official. But if I went six
years without talking to him then I can do the same while living in the same town as him” I assured her.

“I just don’t want you end up breaking apart for him not being in your life, we all know he’s like a rock for you.

“Chloe, I’ll be fine. I’ve been alright so far and we’ve been back in town for weeks. If anything comes up I can always go back to New York” I reminded her.

“But it’s not right that you would run away; you need to face him” .

“I’ll face him when I have to, until then it’s because of Gena that I haven’t been talking to him, right?” I asked her sending her a look.

“I’ll go along with it for now, but if he starts asking questions that won’t be my problem” she promised.

“Great; now if you excuse me I have to get changed. Brian wants to have dinner with his dad and sister tonight” I told her.

“Then why did you just make him leave?” she asked amused.

Laughing I shook my head; “He didn’t leave. He’s probably outside smoking; he knows you don’t like the smell of cigarettes” I told her.

“At least he bothers to be polite” she muttered.

“Chloe, could you at least be nice to him?” I asked her.

“I am nice, not my fault he doesn’t like my honesty” grumbling she looked at me.

“Well try to hide your honesty” I pleaded.

“I’ll try, but I’m not promising anything” giving up she threw a cushion at me.

“Great; now can you go get him? He’ll be upset over the cheating thing and last thing I need is him smoking an entire pack; you get him nervous too much” I told her.

“Go get pretty and give him a boner so I can embarrass him about it” she ordered me as she walked out of my room and I waited to hear the front door open so I knew she was getting him.

I changed quickly and found Chloe and Brian staring at each other across the living room; both of them quiet.

“I need to get a dog” I muttered as I picked up my phone.

“You have Pinkly for when you sleep over” Brian reminded me as we walked out towards his car.

Shrugging my shoulders I gave him a cheesy grin; “but what if pinkly wants a brother or sister?” I asked amused.

“Well we could just give Pinkly a real brother or sister” he pointed out.

I stopped walking as he turned around; “You’re joking right?” I asked worried.

“I’ve been meaning to talk to you about certain things; but this isn’t the right time. How about you sleep over tonight after dinner with my parents so I can talk to you about it” he offered.

Nodding I got into his car, the drive to his parent’s house was silent since we were both consumed in our thoughts. I hadn’t expected Brian to ever get so serious; especially about having kids.

“I don’t want the dinner to be uncomfortable for either one of us; can we just pretend that I never said anything?” he asked a he parked in his parent’s driveway.

Nodding I smiled; “I have no idea what you’re talking about” I assured him.