Status: Active - slow but still plan to update/finish

Have You Ever Really Danced On the Edge?

Fifteen

I was giggling loudly as I read Brandon’s texts. He was being so awesome, that I soon wasn’t feeling uneasy about being with him. It felt right again, like I was a sophomore again without a care in the world!

And that, to me, was incredible. It was enough to make up for the fact that now ¾ of Pierce the Veil wasn’t talking to me.

Yes, it’s true. Tony, Mike, and Vic were not speaking to me. Taylor probably forced Jaime, but he seemed friendly enough still. And that was good enough for me.

I was over it – the cold shoulder stuff. But at the same time, I understood it. I just felt like it was oddly girly of them. Didn’t girls give each other cold shoulders after fights in like… third grade? I mean really!

Anyway, my phone started ringing, it was Brandon. “Hey!” I answered brightly.

“Hey baby,” He said. I giggled and continued to chat.

- - -

(Mike’s POV)

I was hanging out with Jaime and Taylor. But they were annoying. I guess I didn’t get the whole couple thing. I still wasn’t talking to Anna for Vic’s sake. He was a mess, and I’m his brother. Ever since the dinner fight, Vic’s sure Anna hates him.

And that she won’t ever want him back, or like him, or look at him, or talk to him ever again: on and on the list goes. I assume the role of consoling dutifully, but this is why I don’t date. It’s unnecessary drama and I am too lazy to give a fuck.

Just because I’m not speaking to Anna doesn’t mean I don’t like her anymore, though. I think she’s fine, whatever, but leading Vic on like that just wasn’t cool. But I guess it’s not really my business. Whatever.

I leave the lovebirds on the couch where we were watching Saw to walk around their house.

One time I found this sweet Harry Potter plastic wand and put it in my pocket. Neither of the Morrison sisters has asked about it yet, so it’s obviously found a better home. Maybe they have some more Harry Potter merchandise for Whiskeyhands to borrow. Or steal.

I’m making my way into their “storage room” where boxes are still unpacked from the hurried move. I see light streaming from the cracked door leading to Anna’s room. I walk swiftly fast hopefully not making too much noise.

“Oh my gosh Brandon, stop it! I love you more!” I suddenly hear. I freeze in the middle of the hallway. Wait… what?

Anna’s bubbly voice penetrates the still air, “I’m so happy we’re back together. You didn’t tell anyone did you?”

Wait. Brandon… together… Anna… dating? What is this conspiracy!

Oh god. What do I do? Should I just walk away… suddenly, my feet are leading me toward Anna’s door in an angry pace.

I push the door open slightly, the hinges creak causing Anna to look up from her place on the bed. The look on her face is priceless. If I weren’t so angry, I’d probably laugh and tease her about it the rest of her life.

“Sorry to interrupt,” I snarl, “It seems your conversation with Brandon was very important.”

Anna visibly paled at my words, mutters something into the phone before hanging up and stalking toward me, “Mike, please –“

“Please what?” I mimic, my tone harsh. “Don’t tell Vic?”

“Well –“

“Wait, you actually wanted to keep it a secret?” I realize, and the anger relished. “From Taylor… god, Anna, from Vic? You can’t be serious!”

“Mike,” Anna pleads with me, “It was kind of surprising to me too! It just happened. I… I want to take it slow. It’s not official yet, Mike! Please. I know you don’t owe me anything but for the sake of Vic, don’t tell him! I will… eventually,” She adds on, and I assume that her ‘eventually’ meant a long time from now.

I sigh. Thinking of Vic’s reaction to the news makes me cringe. It would really hurt him. But keeping it from him? Wouldn’t that hurt worse? I look at Anna’s pretty blue eyes, and I feel pity. She’s so young and confused.

“You’re lucky you’re cute,” I give in and she grins.

“Mike! I knew I could trust you!” Anna goes in for a hug, but I put my hands up.

“This doesn’t make us good again,” I say and she backs away looking hurt. “I don’t think you should be dating Brandon and I am not happy about keeping this from Vic. But I’m doing it for him. Someone should be careful of his feelings around here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hi guys! this is pretty short, but i figured it didn't need to be super long since i just updated yesterday as well ;)

so basically, i am leaving for vacation for a couple of days tomorrow. so i think it would be super cool to come back to a huuuge amount of comments. so get all of your friends and just wreck my comment page! my tumblr ask-box is open as well! haha. it'd make me smile like afeaphhpea :)

your comments help me update faster! thanks for all the love, support, and patience you have for me, this story, and my character, Anna :D i appreciate it so much! <3 xoxo