Back To December

The End

As i look back on all of my past mistakes in my relationship with Paul, i'm full of regret, for i know that i almost single handely destroyed our lives. But as i look on to the future, i'm full of hope.

Its been almost two years to the day since i left tour and returned to La Push, and i find myself amazed at how far we've come.

I'm sitting in an old rocking chair in a dark room, cradling my newborn son in my arms.
The nursery is quiet right now at three something in the morning, and i'm thankfull.

Little baby Noah is the spitting image of Paul. If i didn't go through the twelve hours of painful labor, i would think Paul gave birht to him all himself.

Noah lets out a small yawn and i smile, holding him closer.

" Are you ever going to come to bed?" Paul's deep voice rang out from the doorway. I looked up at him with a smile.

" Just let me have this moment. He's rarely this quiet" i answered, looking back down at our son.

Paul chuckled, walking further into the room and kneeling beside me, resting his elbows on the arm of the chair.

" Kara, baby, he's asleep. So should you be." he gave me a look and i nodded, standing up gently. I slowly lowered him down into the wooden crib and covered his tummy with a soft blue blanket.

Paul's arm wram around my waist.

" He's beutiful. We did good." He muttered. I laughed quietly, turning around to face him.

" I want more." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck. Paul smirked.

" Is that so? Well we sshould get started on that, huh?"

i bit my lip, " But the doctor said-"

" Five weeks. I know. Today makes five weeks. Therefore-"

I cut Paul off my jumping up into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist, silencing him with a kiss.

I felt him chuckle and smile against my lips." Ok, Mrs. Redson. Your wish, my command."

Our lips crashed passionatley as Paul carried me down the hallway and into our bedroom.
I felt myself being lowered onto the soft blankets and i grinned.

I finally have everything i've always wanted. And i'm never taking it for granted again.