Status: completed :)

You Taught Me Love

A Homophobic Policeman Prick And A Sibling Crushing Like A Prepubescent Girl

Gerard's P.O.V.

We got out of the car and headed toward the gray building. Frank held my hand while Mikey opened the door, letting us in before walking behind us and letting the heavy door slam close. The place smelt of paint and grit. Or pain and grief, I couldn't tell.

We made our way to the front desk, where we were greeted by a bored-looking police officer who was peeking at us from behind his newspaper.

“Hello. You're the ones for the visit... with Steve Merlot, right?”

“Y-yeah.” I muttered, feeling my heart speed up already and my palms start to get clammy.

The policeman sighed, and put away the papers. He pointed to his coworker, at another table in the corner of the entrance hall.

“Formalities, identification, etc. with Joe over there, then you come back to me and I'll direct you to the private visiting room.” he told us, not even trying to fake a smile.

We did as he had explained, I signed a couple of things, and Mr. Piss-head walked us to a massive metal door with an engraving reading «VISITS».

The officer stared at my brother and my boyfriend, then rolled his eyes at our linked hands.

“You know you have to go alone for the visit, right, Mr. Way?” he said, scrunching his face up behind his black mustache.

“W-what?”
Shit, this couldn't be true...

“It's only one visitor at a time in the room, with the inmate and a police guard. I'm sorry, that's the new rule.”

“No! Sir, you don't understand. You have to make an exception for him...” Frank begged, a horrified look on his face. Okay, so he REALLY didn't want to let me alone with Steve...

“And why would that be, young man?”

“I... he can't go alone!”

“Well it sure looks like that's what's gonna have to happen, lad. Sorry.”

“No...Please, sir. Just let us go, we won't--”

“That's my last word. You and... the guy over there...” the guard mumbled, nodding toward Mikey. “Can stay in the waiting room with Hailey... Just gimme a minute.”
He called the woman through his walkie-talkie and, seconds later, a pale officer was walking our way with confidence in her step and a genuine smile on her lips. She looked like she was in her twenties, but she was pretty short, even for a female. You could tell she could kick some ass, though, and her uniform just enhanced the authority she naturally gave off. Her hair was light chocolate brown, and was held back in a clean ponytail. Her eyes were sky blue and glistening, and she was all-around very good-looking. She seemed like a nice girl, and I'm quite sure Mikey thought the same, judging from the admiring look on his face.

“Hey Alex.” she said, looking up at Mr. Piss-head without a change of mood. I didn't know how she could do that, the guy was awful... “What did you need me for?”

“Could you stay with Way's... friends over here while he's in the visiting room?” he asked her, giving my partner a dirty look when he noticed my arm had sneaked around his waist.
Great, a homophobic policeman prick...

“Boyfriend.” Frank corrected, gritting his teeth and putting his hand over mine.

“Brother.” Mikey added, still looking at Hailey from the corner of his eye.
Oh, and a sibling crushing like a prepubescent girl...
What a wonderful day to be Gerard.

“Right, well I'll take care of them, Alex. You can go back to reading the news.” she told the asshole, to which he looked up at the ceiling in annoyance before leaving the hallway we were in.

“Fucking finally...” she mumbled. “Sorry. I hate that jerk, but he's my boss so I totally didn't say that, okay?... Anyways. Mr. Way, Steve is in already, and Karl, who will be supervising you, is there too, so good luck.” she told me, unlocking the door for me.
Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap...

“It's time already?” I laughed nervously, looking down at the woman.
She nodded, an empathetic look on her face.

“Don't worry, it's gonna be fine. Now you should go, you only have an hour.”

I sighed, turning to Frank, and placed a delicate kiss to his lips, not wanting to let go at all. I hugged my brother and took a deep breath, before pulling on the handle and opening the door, ready to face my nightmare for the last time. I entered the visiting room and let go of the metal panel, letting it slowly squeak back into place.
This is it.

“Guys? This way, follow me.” Hailey spoke in the corridor, but my mind was miles away.
My eyes were glued to Steve, and so were my thoughts. He was just as I remembered him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I'm awful, leaving you guys at a cliffhanger like that... at least I updated?

Anyways, that was Hailey's second appearance woo!

next chapter will be up in a couple of days...
hopefully it'll be better than this one :D

love, zombies and unicorns =D