Status: Active. Mostly often yet irregular updates.

And the world stopped spinning

Chapter Eight -Max

As soon as I got in the door I rushed up to my room, booting up my laptop when I got there. I turned and shut the door, then put my bag on my bed. I sat on my wheelie-spinning-fun-when-you-get-bored chair and drummed my fingers on my desk, waiting for it to load. I put my pass in, then clicked on the internet icon on my taskbar. I was on edge by the time that was done loading.
I saw Fang's E-mail right at the top of my inbox, the words in bold to show I hadn't read it. I clicked it, biting my lip as it opened. I read over the message, my eyes devouring the short reply in seconds.
Max,
I'm sorry I can't give you a reply worth reading. I'm just so confused right now, and need time to think. But... I meant what I said. Even on the slim chance we do patch things u, our relationship can never be the same. I bet you know that already, though.
~Fang.

I couldn't think of a reply to that, so I just sat there for another hour, reading it over and over and over again. I was glad that I was able to hold back the hot tears that pricked my eyes while I wasted my time staring at the screen.
When my butt started to feel numb from sitting there so long, I stood, shut down my laptop, and walked over to my bed. I flopped down onto it, closing my eyes. I still hadn't slept at all since Friday, when 'it' happened. I was tired as hell and angry at myself and Fang. Max was not a happy camper.
I felt my phone buzz, and I growled at it, but took it out of my pocket. I hit a random button and the screen lit up, telling me I had a message from Angel. She was the last person I expected a message from. I opened the message and read the three little words.
Fang's on Facebook.
How pointless was that? I hit reply and slid out the mini keyboard, because my phone is awesome and actually has one.
So? What's it to me? -.- I hit 'send', and it wasn't long before she replied.
I thought you might want to talk to him, that's all. No need to get pissed, Max...
Sorry. I'm really tired. I don't really feel like talking much... Sorry Ange, but thanks for telling me.
'S okay. Get some sleep now, 'kay? See ya.

I didn't reply. I threw my phone at the end of my bed, then rolled over and closed my eyes. For once, I actually managed to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up the next morning feeling like I got hit with a brick. I assaulted my alarm clock trying to to get it to sht up, then rolled out of bed, grabbing my hairbrush and heading into my little ensuite. I checked the mirror on my wall. Yep. My hair was a friggin' mess.
I brushed it for like ten minutes before deciding it was good enough, though it was still messy. I changed my clothes to something simple -Light blue wash-out jeans, a white button-up linen shirt, leaving the top few buttons undone, because I liked it like that, with a pale blue sleevless undershirt.
I grabbed my bag off of my bed and went downstairs, glad that mum and Ella weren't up yet. I'd always left by the time they got up. I made some quick toast, then walked out the door, locking it behind me, eating the toast while I walked.
I paused just outside the main building, thinking. I kind of really wanted to see Fang, but then I kind of really didn't. I debated this for a bit before deciding that I wanted to see him, just to see if he was okay.
I walked in, heading straight for my locker, ignoring the few weird looks people were still giving me. I put my combination in and opened my locker door, grabbing the one book I needed for class. I glanced back, and Fang wasn't there. I decided I'd wait a bit, looking through my Math book to pretend I wasn't.
He showed up a minute or two later, opening his locker and sorting out his books. He looked pretty bad -He had a faint trace of deep purple bags under his eyes, which contrasted to the way he was paler than normal, his lips a few shades lighter as well. I looked back at my book, took a deep breath, then closed the door, locking it again. I brushed my hair out of my eyes, then walked over to lean my shoulder against the locker next to Fang's. He didn't look up, so I cleared my throat. He gave me a quick glance, before looking quickly back into his locker, checking his schedule to see what he needed to catch up on.
"You okay?" I asked, sincerely concerned.
"Yeah." That was all I got from him. A few seconds passed in silence.
"...Why are you wearing a jumper?"
I heard him mutter something like 'I knew somebody would ask' before closing his locker, putting the lock back on it. "Because." He turned to look at me, his ghostly face making him look really pissed.
"Why?" I pressed. "It's the beginning of March, and you're wearing one of the thickest hoodies I've seen you own! There has to be a real reason behind this." I put my spare hand on my hip, scowling. A pained looked crossed his face, but was quickly replaced by anger.
"Something happened, okay? Just stop pestering me!" And with one last glare at me, he turned and headed off to Math. Which I had with him. Along with every other class today.
I sighed, then turned and headed the other way, deciding to take the shortcut, going out the back and cutting across the main courtyard to D block, where my Math room was.
Fang was mad at me. Again. I mentally kicked myself the whole way to class, hating myself. Why did I have to say such stupid things?
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG Yeees! Finally I'm done with Max! For now. Next will be Fang! I'll try to make his as long as Max's, because she's been hogging the spotlight. :D
Thanks ya'll for reading this! Any ideas/criticism/comments would be much appreciated!
Pleasez and thankees to all!
~Kris
P.S, Fang's chapter might be weird, because I am having huge rants about Twilight, so flame me if you like for it. ^^