‹ Prequel: Love Undefined
Sequel: Undying Love
Status: Thanks for reading:) Please check out the sequel!

Infinite Love

Waiting

Mikal’s P.O.V.

I was holding a sobbing Kristine tightly, rocking us back and forth when the girls started crying. I kissed her forehead and she looked at me sniffling. “I’m going to get the girls, okay?” She nodded and I gently lay her down. I quickly opened the door to their room and walked over to Amara. “Come here, Ella.” I said quickly. I picked them up and carried them to the hallway to the living room. I placed Ella in the playpen and tried to do the same with Amara but she held tightly to my shirt.
I carried her down the hall and checked on Kristine. “How are you doing, hon?”
“Not good. Mikal I want you to call an ambulance and then come up when your aunt gets here.” She whispered.
“Kristine, she’ll be here any minute. You are not going up there alone.”
“Mikal, please, call the ambulance. This is important. I have a feeling that if I don’t get to the hospital soon I’m going lose this baby.”
“Okay.” I held Amara in one arm with her head resting on my shoulder, and dialed 911 with my other. While I talked to the person on the other end, Amara played with my necklace while she stared at Kristine. I hung up the phone. “They’ll be here in five minutes.” K nodded and I rubbed Amara’s back. I stared at Amara, tears welled up in my eyes.
“Mikal?” I looked up, K held her arms open and I gently sat down beside her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me down. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I held her to me. “Are you okay?” I shook my head.
“I don’t want to lose you or our baby.” I whispered. “That is exactly how I’m feeling right now. I feel like I’m losing you.”
“You won’t, Mikal. I’ll never leave you, no matter what happens. I promise. I love you.” She said just as quietly. I held her tightly, tears streaming down my face. Amara squirmed between us and we pulled apart slightly. I chuckled, and K took her from me.
“Kristine, that is not a good idea.” I warned as Amara bounced up and down on Kristine’s stomach. K groaned and I grabbed Amara from her. “Amara, don’t jump on Mommy. She doesn’t feel well, you need to be careful.” I set her on the ground. There was a knock on the door so I grabbed Amara and went to answer the door. The EMT’s rushed down the hallway and I followed after putting Amara in the playpen. They put K on a stretcher and I held her hand as they took her out the door. I kissed her quickly, “I’ll be there soon. I promise Kristine, I love you. Hang in there, babe.” The girls started crying and I went over to calm them down.
About an hour later I was sitting in the waiting room. I was anxious, no one had come out to give me any information. Her parents along with Ryan were waiting with me. Autumn had gone over to help Aunt Lauren with the girls. I walked over to the receptionist for what seemed like the millionth time. “Is there any change in Kristine Evans status?” She typed K’s name into her computer.
“No there is not. The doctor will come get you when there is.” She sounded irritated. I huffed and walked back to my seat.
“Mikal, calm down, she’ll be okay. Kristine is strong.” Ryan said. I sighed and eventually fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it, the last chapter. As soon as I think of a title and I write the first chapter the next book will be up.

Thank you to all my readers, commenters, and subscribing:)

~Rach