Status: Complete!

I Am Reaper

All Life Must Come To An End

Seeing Erik’s eyes glisten brought me to tears. “Do you understand now?”

“Yes.”

“Do you really? Because I thought you understood before, but now I’m regretting giving you this responsibility.”

“I messed up. And I’m going to have to live with that for the rest of my life. Can I fix it?”

Erik sighed wearily, “You have to go take him. Hurry! There isn’t much time before the universe continues to try to set things straight.”

He disappeared.

I immediately transported myself back to my boyfriend’s room. His heart was beating steadily now, but his body and soul remained in a never ending coma. “I’m sorry,” I mumbled as I placed a light kiss to his cheek.

“Niko?”

I took a deep, quavering breath, and then turned to face him.

“Hello…Andy.”

That same dreadful long high beep rang through the room once more, and people rushed in. But this time they would leave with yet another dead body.

“You were dead. You…You fell off your balcony.”

“I am dead.”

His eyes closed for a mere second and then reopened with accepting apprehension. “I’m dead now too.” He laughed mechanically, “I was so devoured with grief and guilt that I drank too much and drove anyway. I deserve it-for what I did to you. I am so sorry, Niko. You were the most amazing girl I ever met, and I threw that all away. Now I killed the both of us.”

“Stop! You didn’t kill me. That was an accident. And I forgive you.”

“What are you doing here?”

I held out my hand just as his golden sunflower-yellow door emerged. “I’m here to take you home.”

He smiled his you-are-beautiful smile that had made me fall in love with him that very first day, and grabbed hold of my hand with all the trust in the world. His door opened. He gave my hand a quick squeeze, and let the glowing white light consume him.

His name vanished from my list.

____________________________________________________________________________

I sat on the deteriorating steps of Vallis Mortem under the observant eyes of our ancestor, Brayden. My fire-red hair framed my face, and the thick, musty fog danced around me.

I smiled unpleasantly as the name “Angel Thomas” scrawled across my list.

I am Reaper.

And death is inevitable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done. I hope you guys had as good a time reading this as I had writing it. Comment & Subscribe.

<3-----CaSeY