Status: On-hold until I finish Tainted and Skipping Heartbeats.

So Contagious

seven.

Our date hadn’t gone exactly how we had planned it. Daniel thoroughly lectured me on leaving and I came back with that I could stop doing this anytime. After our little argument, we went our separate ways. I watched as Daniel huffed away and climbed inside his car before driving off.

“You know, I dumped him for a reason,” a voice startled me from behind.

I turned around and stared at Vanessa, “What?”

She seemed annoyed at the question, “He isn’t a good boyfriend for you. Trust me.”

“And why would I believe you?”

Her friend walked out of the arcade and towards us. Vanessa sighed, “He just isn’t worth your time, okay?”

As her friends appeared at her side, Vanessa shrugged and started walking towards her own car with her friends. After watching another person leave in their car, I decided I might as well take care of some errands while I was in town.

Image

Little meows caught my ears as I was heading back to my house. My hands were full of groceries in plastic bags and my shoes were wet from stepping in a puddle of something in front of the grocery store. Turning my head, I set her bags down and looked at the bush by the sidewalk.

The meowing ceased as I reached into the bushes. I touched something furry and gently placed my hand around it before pulling it out. A tabby kitten meowed up at me as I stared at it. Checking for any other kittens, I only found the one. It had a little bit of fur taken off the nose and it looked like road rash.

Cradling the kitten close, I grabbed my bags and headed home again. Boy, were my parents in for a surprise.