Status: New Story! Updates weekly

What Lies Beneath The Surface

SIX

The diner looked to be family owned. It gave off a homey feeling that in any other circumstance would have been comforting.

The diner had the typical white and black tile floor, showing that renovations were not at the top of their list, the walls were a light green and various landscape photos were on the walls. There were mainly booths that were alongside the windows on the right side while the left mainly contained tables with four or six chairs. The front counter had stools for customers on the go or just eating alone.

I somehow wished we were seated fairly close to the front counter but that however was not my luck. When we entered the restaurant we were seated pretty quickly. Nick had asked our waitress if we could have a more secluded area to sit in. The waitress complied and next thing I knew we were seated on the far right of the restaurant in a booth.

I was hoping to get the seat so that I could face the restaurant but Nick had grabbed my elbow and placed me in the spot facing the wall.

Jerk.

Our waitress handed both of us a menu before going off to get our drinks, which Nick had ordered water for the both of us.

“Am I going to be able to pick anything?” I muttered to myself, not thinking I had spoken out loud.

“Not with an attitude like that,” Nick responded not looking away from his menu.

I glared at him before scanning once over my menu.

“Are you ready to order?” The waitress asked while placing our glasses on the table, one in front of each of us.

She looked around mid twenties, probably never went to college and ended up making her part time job a full time one. Her hair was naturally red with curls and her lightly freckled face was showing that even at a young age she was exhausted.

She deserves a good tip.

“I’ll have the burger and fries meal, what would you like doll?” Nick smirked at me.

I looked at him, giving him a good glare before turning to the waitress, “Just fries please.”

Our waitress nodded while writing this down on her little notepad and turned to leave but I stopped her, “Could you point me in the directions of the washrooms?”

“Oh, they’re just right around the corner.” She gave me a friendly smile before heading towards the kitchen to put our orders in.

As I was getting up Nick stood up and grabbed my hands in his, not applying too much force to cause alert to anyone else in the diner, but enough to get my attention.

“Don’t do anything you will regret later.” He said lowly before leaning in and pecking my cheek, leaving me dumbfounded.

He let go of my hands and sat back down while I walked to the washroom.

To be honest the thought had not even come to my mind. I just needed to go to the washroom badly.

The washroom was really small, only a few stalls and one single sink with a mirror. I saw a window at the far corner and walked over to see if I could open it. After pushing on it a few times I realized that it was locked.

I guess that plan was out the window.

I let out a laugh at my joke before checking to see if anyone else was in here.

Thankfully no one was.

After finishing my business I walked back into the diner and to my seat.

I saw that our food had arrived and Nick was well into his burger. I sat down in my spot and started nibbling on my fries.

“I’d eat more if I were you. Just because I’m being generous now doesn’t mean that I always will be doll.” Nick said while reading the paper provided at our table.

I rolled my eyes but never the less I began eating my fries, making sure not to miss any.
Nick was indeed right; this could be my last meal for a long while.

Neither of us spoke until I was halfway through my fries when curiosity got the better of me, “So, why did you kidnap me?”

His eyes shot up from his paper and if looks could kill, I would be six feet under instantly.
Nick looked around to see if anyone had heard me, no one had.

I don’t know whether that is a good or bad thing.

“We’ll discuss this after we eat.” He picked up the paper again while he ate his fries. He looked up at me, “Now no more stupid questions.”

A few minutes of silence passed before I once again spoke, “Where are we going?”

“What did I tell you?”

I groaned, “You said no stupid questions, this isn’t a stupid question.”

He looked up at me before back down at his paper, “To my house.”

My eyes widened in shock, his house?

“Your house?”

“Yup.” He sipped on his water before flipping the page of his newspaper.

“Where is your house?” I asked hoping to get some more information.

“Somewhere that will take awhile to get too.” He responded by giving me information that only confused me more.

“Can you just give me a straight answer?” I asked annoyed while pushing the newspaper away from his hands.

He looked at me, his face unreadable before looking down at my plate, “Well it looks like you’re done. Let’s go.”

He signaled for our waitress to return and asked for the check.

“I never said I was finished.” I muttered and looked out the window.

“Then maybe you should have been a good girl and kept your mouth shut.” He casually replied and placed some money on the table before standing up and grabbing my hand in the process.

When we got back to the van Nick opened the passenger side door and let me in first before going over to his side.

I knew that getting out of the vehicle now would only piss him off further and also he had my wallet and things so leaving would be pointless without money considering we were pretty far from my dingy apartment.

Which made me wonder if the police even were searching for me. They had said they would check up on me when they were finished which would take between a day to a few weeks.

“You can sit up here until we pull out onto the road, then I expect you to move to the back where you were sitting, understand?” He said sternly.

I nodded and complied.

As I moved to the back and settled myself in with a blanket that happened to be in a bag, Nick told me to grab some a blanket since I would most likely get sleepy soon.

How did he know I would get sleepy?

“You drugged me!” I shrieked, however that just wore me out even more.

“And you wanted to escape, can’t take any chances doll.” Nick chuckled before I felt my eyes drooping.

Next thing I knew I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does no one like this story?
The feedback is very minimal D:

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
An Ordinary Life? I Don't Think So
Alone In This World